Scandalous!

four

'According to Wentz's publicist he and his fiancé have parted on amiable terms stating that hectic work schedules and the large media coverage were getting too hard to handle. Lynn Maxwell, the budding designer and mastermind behind the new and hot clothes line Anarchy, took this statement with ease and was seen having a good time with friends in a coffee shop in downtown Chicago.'

"Lynn maybe you need to be a bit more reasonable." Her best friend Cassie gently said.

Lynn just scoffed and took another sip of her cappuccino.

"I've been being completely reasonable." She said defensively and set her coffee cup down defiantly.

"Not from what I've heard from Gabe." Quipped up a voice from next to Cassie.

"Shut up Beckett." Lynn said before biting ferociously into a raspberry Danish pastry.

William just laughed and ordered another cup of coffee from the waiter before turning round to face Lynn again.

To be honest she didn't look that great.

She was dressed as immaculately as always and bang on trend, which she had to be being a designer and all. She was wearing white skinny jeans, a long pink t-shirt with small puff sleeves, a pair of yellow flats were adorning her feet and a brand new black YSL Downtown bag was perched delicately on the spare chair next to her. White vintage Ray Bans were precariously balancing on the top of her head.

However once you looked past the confidant fashionista and the carefully applied single layer of Bobbi Brown's match perfect foundation there was a sad and upset girl who had no idea what to do next.

"Lynn maybe you and Pete need to just sit down and talk it all out." William suggested gently just in the same way as Cassie had done.

"Will not everybody can be the perfect communicating couple that you and Cassie are, so please don't pull out the 'talk it over' card because you know what Pete's like."

"Lynn, please he's so miserable." Will decided to move over to pleading.

"How do you know?" Lynn snapped and tore up another Danish pastry with positively barbaric motions.

"My phone hasn't stopped ringing, same for Gabe by the way."

"Will, he cheated on me and we were about to get married I think that puts two points under the header 'Lynn'." She snapped and stuffed the ripped up piece of pastry in her mouth and chewed furiously.

Cassie and William sighed in unison and gave up. Cassie was just about to attempt and start up a normal conversation that did not revolve around Pete or Lynn's work when the latter's phone rang.

Lynn swallowed her chunk of pastry and gestured to Cassie and William that she'd only be a minute before she answered her vibrating sidekick.

"Hello?"

"Hey honey it's Gabe.

"Hey Gabe babe." Lynn said with a grin, an expression that had been absent on her face for something that felt like almost a century ago.

"Shut up you," Lynn could practically hear the smirk on Gabe's face. "Look I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight rather than sit in your empty in front of re runs of Scrubs and come over to mine for dinner and all that stuff."

"You know me too well," Lynn said with a small laugh. "Sure I'd love to, what time?"

"Six ok for you?"

"Six is perfect, see you later."

"Bye doll."

Lynn hung up with a massive smile spreading across her face as Cassie and William exchanged knowing glances with each other.