Scandalous!

nine

She had caused a scene that would not have been out of place in a soap opera.

Lynn's face had grown ashen, her brown eyes were wide and her hands had visibly begun to shake. Her back had become very ridged and she had sprung instinctively back from the man who had caused her such misery and headache.

Gabe looked just as shocked as she did; he had only been going to get a Krispy Kreme donut and not to track down Lynn's whereabouts. Instead of a calorie induced heart attack he suffered a female induced one.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lynn snapped, her anger masking the strange emotions that were unfurling inside her. Relief followed by a gut churning sensation that had been absent in her life for so long that she forgot what the words were that described it.

Gabe decided to refrain from telling her that in truth he was getting a Krispy Kreme donut, Lynn had always told him off for eating them. Instead he told her the second truth.

"I came to look for you."

If a passer by would have cared to regard the scene that was unfolding, it would have reminded them of a particular scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's. The rain, the girl in the trench coat and the expression of the boy were almost direct throwbacks from the wonderful film of the 60's that left people with the feeling of adoration for love.

However back in the 21st century there was at present little room for love.

"Gabe cut the crap," Lynn warned her eyes glowing dangerously.

"But it's true!" Gabe shouted angrily, the rain was still pouring down to earth relentlessly and brought his true irritation to light.

"Stop trying to humour me! I've had enough of it!"

"I stopped doing that the day I punched my best friend and your ex boyfriend in the face! I'm not here because of you I'm here because of me!" Gabe shouted at Lynn who inside was cowering, Gabe hardly ever lost his temper; he was so easy going that any time he did shout it became a cause for concern.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lynn shrieked back at him, regardless of the fact that they were on a sidewalk in the middle of Manhattan in the pouring raining.

"I'm doing this, running after you like some love sick Romeo because I can't get to sleep at night and I'm sick of blaming myself. I never told you that Pete was cheating on you because I was so freaking jealous of him and I thought that if he got caught I could honestly tell you how I felt without any complications and without you knowing that I knew all along of what he was doing."

Lynn was unable to understand this as a very personal confession.

"So where the hell does that bring us then?" She demanded.

"It brings us to the point that I fucking love you." Gabe shouted exasperatedly.

And so the bomb had been dropped.

Panic swept through Lynn and so she did the only thing that she could muster.

She ran.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this story is over soon...