Got Me on My Toes

Chapter One.

~21st of September 2016~

Just like any other Friday night, Niall and Liam were having their traditional movie night. It may sound girly but the two boys loved spending time with each other, even if it was just sitting in a car driving to the same hotel. Neither of them could figure it out but they knew there was something different about their relationship than their relationships with the other boys.

Tonight they had decided to watch a horror film. Niall loved horror films… only if he had a special girl to cuddle with while watching them, but for now he had Liam. They couldn't have picked a more perfect night to watch one either, with the howling wind making the bare autumn branches creek, and rain coming down in buckets. “Are you sure you want to watch this Niall?” Liam said as he put in Nightmare On Elm Street the classic horror film Niall had tried to watch so many times before but couldnt. ”Yes, Liam. I told you I have to watch it this time. I have to check it off the bucket list.” Liam couldn't help but laugh at his irish friend. Niall always believed in things like that, along with stupid superstitions, like not splitting up when walking between a pole, and throwing salt over your shoulder if you split it. “Alright.” Liam said as he sat down next to Niall who cuddled right up to him and pressed play.

Throughout the whole movie Niall hid in Liam's shoulder. Liam didn't mind this at all, it was actually quite comforting, knowing his friend trusted him so much. Maybe a little too comforting. At one point Niall got so scared he was practically in Liam's lap. A huge amount of protectiveness in Liam broke out through him as he hugged his friend.

-*-

Liam looked over at the clock, 2:30am. Ughh why couldn't he sleep, it wasn't the movie, he had seen it so many times it barely effected him. Then he realised what the problem was, he was worried about his crystal eyed friend down the hall. Oh those eyes, he could stare into them all da- wait what was going on in his head. As he got up to go check on Niall, he brushed off the feeling, blaming it on the lack of sleep. As he tip toed down the hall he could hear Niall’s blasting headphones and rolling back and forth in his bed. Liam slowly opened the door, and sat on the bed pulling the covers away from the younger lads face. “NOO!! FREDDIE DONT KILL ME! NOO!!!” he was shouting. “Niall, its only me, its okay” Liam said in a soothing voice, even though the only light in the room was coming from the moon through the window, Liam could see the fear and embarrassment in Niall's face. “Come on Niall, come in my bed.” Liam chuckled, pulling Niall from his own bed.

Niall didn't argue He let Liam lead him down the hall into his bedroom. As soon as they reached the door Niall ran and leaped 3 feet into Liam's bed, just like a little kid would do when they thought a monster would grab their feet from under the bed, it was so adorable… Ugh theres the sleep talking again. or was it? Liam got in on the other side of the enormous king size bed, which was definitely made for two people not one, and who better to share it with then Niall.

The space in between them could fit 2 more people, and it didn't seem right. Liam didn't like the thought of being distant from Niall, he started to panic as the thought crept into his brain. Without any hesitation he wrapped an arm around Niall and pulled him towards himself. They were both in the middle now. Niall didn't mind being so close to Liam, in fact he liked his protective embrace around him, it felt nice, it felt right. “Liam..” Niall said in a sleepy voice “..can you sing to me.” Before Liam could object, he saw Niall turning around so they were looking into each others eyes, those bright blue eyes that he could stare into for several eternities staring at him, how could he say no. “Of course, close your eyes” Liam started to run his hand through Niall's hair, trying to relax him. “Rock a by baby, on the tree top..” Liam began to sing. “Liam!” Niall shouted, “Not that, I'm not 5.” Even though he knew in his mind he was acting like one. “Alright, alright, close your eyes.” Liam said softly, continuing to run his hand through the gold silk of Niall's hair. He wasn't sure what to sing at first but then the perfect song came to mind. “Baby, baby blue eyes, stay with me by my side..” He continued the song until his friend was asleep, and before dozing off himself he placed a silent kiss on his best friends cheek.

-*-

Liam didn't actually sleep much the night before but he was still the first one awake. He silently got out of the bed and walked downstairs to start the kettle for tea. While the water was heating up, Liam just thought. He was feeling things he never felt before, for anyone, and they were towards Niall, and this time it wasn't the sleep talking, this time he could feel it in his gut, or was it his heart? But why? He wasn't gay. He never had any feelings for a guy, he never even thought of a guy in that way before. Maybe he was just going crazy, he hadn't had a girlfriend in almost 3 years now, maybe his mind was playing tricks on him, maybe his yearn for love was just aching to get out, and Niall was the closest thing it could reach. But then again it was Niall, the only person Liam would do anything for, even if it was something totally crazy.

Before he could start coming up with crazy scenarios, he heard a rough voice say “Have you started cooking yet? I'm absolutely starving.”

“Well what would you like?”

“Everything.” Both boys started to laugh.

“Well how about we start with some tea and go from there?” Liam said.

“Sounds like a plan.”

Liam walked over to the kettle which had violently started to whistle, clicked off the burner, which silenced the noise, and brought it over to the to mugs he had already prepped with teabags. “Here let me help.” Niall said grabbing the kettle and brushing Liam's arms in the process. Liam was breathless. Why had that little touch made him so breathless, so warm inside, it was like he wanted more. What was going on in his head right now. What was going on in his heart right now?

The only thing he could think of doing at this point was talking to Louis, he would know what to do. Considering he was in this same position almost 3 years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
first time writing a fanfic.