Got Me on My Toes

Chapter Eleven

~22nd of September 2016~

Last night wasn’t any normal Friday night, well it was but it wasn’t. Liam and Niall were having their typical movie night. Niall had gotten extremely scared so they ended up sleeping in the same bed. No big deal right? Wrong. Liam was feeling quite strange about it. It felt almost as if he was having more than friend feelings about his blonde haired friend.

Like this morning when Niall just brushed against his arm when he was helping with the kettle. He's so sweet. Liam stop thinking like that, he started to think to himself. Then when Niall had left about an hour ago Liam really didn’t want him to go. Like he really didn’t want him to go, just like a when a little kid doesn’t want to leave the park.

It was either now or later, he had to call Louis and ask him what to do.

The phone rang a bit before he heard the happy voice at the other end.

"Liam!" the voice almost screeched.

"Hi Liam!" he heard in the background.

It was Harry of course. Those two had been going strong for the past 2 and a half years. They were so happy together.

"Hey Louis, Hey Harry." he replied in a happy yet dulled down voice.

He could hear Louis walking into a different room.

"Mate, is everything alright? Are you sick? You don’t sound all too well."

"Umm, well, that’s actually why I was calling. Lou can we talk." he said questioning himself.

"Of course. Liam, what’s up."

"Well, it’s not really something I want to talk about over the phone. Could you come over or I’ll come over to your flat. But if Harry's staying could you just come over here."

Louis now knew whatever his friend had to talk to him about was serious. Louis and Liam always hung out. You think their personalities would clash, with Louis being all mischievous and in the moment, and Liam being all calm, and prepared for almost anything, but they actually really complimented each other well.

"Yea, of course. I’ll be over in 20 minutes." Louis said grabbing a jumper from the closet.

"Alright see you then." Liam said before ending the call.

*

"Is everything okay?" Harry asked noticing his boyfriend rushing around looking for his car keys. He was always loosing those things.

"Yea, just Liam wants to talk." Louis said as calm as he could, even though he was ripping the couch cushions up.

"Babe," Harry said resting a hand on Louis' tense shoulder. "Are you sure? Do you want me to come with you?"

Louis relaxed at the touch of the strong hand; he got weak in the knees. No he can’t do this right now.

He shook it off and said while turning to face Harry, "Everything’s fine, Liam just wanted to talk about something. And no you stay here, watch some football. Maybe call Niall and go for a game of golf."
Harry smiled into those ever so blue eyes, and pushed Louis' hair, which had grown out into the fringe he had back in the X Factor days, out of them and placed a soft but deep kiss on his lips.

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too Harold." Louis said smiling.

"Now where are my keys."

"Have you looked in the kitchen?"

Louis was patting his pocket, then shoved his hand in and shouted, "Ugh Tommo really, in your pocket this whole time!"

They both laughed as Louis rushed out the door.

*

As Louis was driving to Liam's he was trying to think of what Liam could possibly want to talk to him about. He would have to admit he was a good listener and can give pretty good advice but usually if Liam had a problem or something it was Niall he went to, maybe even Zayn, but a majority of the time he went to Niall.

Louis pulled into the parking spot outside of Liam’s flat. He walked up to the door and hit the buzzer so Liam could let him in. Louis sprinted up the stairs to come to Liam's door. He didn't even knock (which they never did anyways) he just barged in. Liam gasped in shock even though he knew his friend was coming.

"Jeese Lou, you nearly broke the door." Liam said before going down the short hallway into the living room.

"Well, that phone call nearly scared me half to death, Liam, what's wrong? Of all people why would you want to talk to me about something? I'm not complaining or anything it's just you usually call Niall." At the mention of the other lads name Liam's stomach began to churn and his face went from relaxed to tense with a hint of red in a matter of seconds.

Louis of course noticed the difference. He went and sat next to Liam on the couch, putting an arm around his shoulders.

"Liam....... Did something happen between you and Niall? Did you guys get in a fight?" Lou said in a calm, soft voice.

Liam put his face in his hands and mumbled something.

"What? I can barely understand you." Lou said

"Cow id you now you were grey?" Liam mumbled a little louder.

"Liam what are you talking about I am not a cow and I'm not grey." Louis said while chuckling.

Liam lifted his face from his hands, looked Louis right in his eyes, took a deep breath and said," How did you know you were...... you were..." he couldn't finish, it was awkward enough he was asking about this.

Louis smiled, patted Liam's knee, and leaned back on the couch. "How did I know I was gay?" Liam nodded while swallowing hard.

"Well I guess I hadn't really known until The X Factor, after Hannah. I had just met Harry, obviously, and I honestly do not know how to explain it but I think I just knew from the moment we met in the toilets." Louis laughed, "Now that probably sounds really wrong but I assure you that's when it happened and ever since that day I was sure, and when we were put in a group and Simon said we were going through, my first instinct was to go to him first. Even though we had barely known each other. And well I guess you could say the rest is history." Liam could see the love and reminiscing in
Louis eyes when he was remembering when he first saw and fell for Harry.

"But... but how we're you sure?" he swallowed hard again.

"I have to admit I was kind of freaked out about the thought at first, but then I began to realise that I guess I've always been comfortable around both sexes, but honestly Harry would be the only guy I would ever date." Louis started to smile again at the mention of his boyfriend.

No sooner than it happened Louis changed his adoration smile to a sly, sneaky one.

"Liam what is this all about anyways?"

God, Liam knew this was the main reason he called Louis over but he was so scared to talk about it. But then again he wasn't because besides Louis' mum, Liam was the first to know about Louis' feelings towards Harry.

"Well I th-" Liam was cut off by Louis' obnoxious ring tone of Barbie Girl blasting through his phone, it was Harry. None of the boys knew why that was his ringtone for him, except for Harry himself but that's a different story.

"Ugh, Liam I'm sorry hold on a quick second."

"Yes, Curly?"

"I just arrived at Liam’s about 15 minutes ago."

"No, we're still talking."

"Umm, hold on I'll ask him. Harry wants to know if we want to go out to lunch with him and Niall before they go golfing."

Liam tensed up again and Louis had realised what it was this time.

"Harry, babe, I'll call you back and let you know. I love you" Louis paused heard his 'I love you too' and hung up.

"Liam.. What's going on with Niall, I noticed before that you like got tense when I said his name and just now too."

"I think I have feelings for him." he rushed out.

Louis smiled realising it before Liam finished his sentence and said.

"Well then how about a double date?"

They both busted into laughter, this was a serious matter but that was good timing.

Liam caught his breath and said, "Louis, I’m serious. I’m scared, I don’t know what to do. Niall isn’t gay, and honestly I don’t even know if I am..."

Louis gave him this look of 'you know you are you just don’t want to admit it'.

"Liam, when did you start having these feelings?"

"Well, not too long ago.. last night."

Louis' mouth fell open, “Did anything happen last night?"

"Nothing serious," Liam started off quickly, “We were just having our movie night, like usual and Niall got really scared so we sort of cuddled, and that’s when all the weird thoughts started. Niall always slept in the guest bedroom when we would have movie night, and I couldn’t sleep because my mind was going a mile a minute. I went down the hall and Niall looked like a fish out of water, so I told him to come in my room with me. We both laid down and there was this big gap between us so I pulled him closer. And well that’s really it."

"I see... well if he didn’t try to scoot away when you pulled him in, then maybe he feels the same way. And Liam I didn’t think I was gay at first either, but now look at me I’m the 'Sass Queen'" he said air-quoting what the fans had called him for so long.

They both chuckled again.

"But Louis he was scared. He probably would have done it with anyone. This is stupid, I don’t know why I’m taking it so serious, I’m probably just going crazy because I haven’t been in a relationship in so long."

Louis sighed and then got a brilliant idea.

"Liam I know exactly what to do." Louis scooted closer to Liam, he looked like a school girl who was about to tell her best friend about her crush.

"Okay, so listen, we go out to lunch with them. You see how you feel afterwards. If you think you still may like him, let me know. Hmm, it’s only September, if you do still like him after tonight, we'll wait it out again until my birthday or New Years. I’ll try to see if he may feel the same way. I don’t know how, but I will. AHH! I’m so excited!" Louis shouted.

"That’s not a bad idea, but what if my feelings get stronger within the next 3 months and he’s not interested?"

"Well then Liam if that happens I give you full permission to punch me or slap me in the face."

They both gave each other a nod before Louis called Harry back.