Got Me on My Toes

Chapter Twelve

Louis was parked in the parking lot outside of the little sandwich shop. Liam was in the passenger seat nearly about to pass out. Liam didn’t do well when he held feelings in.

"Mate, It’ll be alright. Stay calm. Oh! Look! Their they are now."

Louis started to get out of the car, but Liam didn’t move. He sat perfectly still.

"Liam, am I going to have to drag you out of the car. Come on."

Liam took a deep breath, trying to ignore all the thoughts going around in his head and got out of the car.

"GOOD BOY!" Louis shouted.

Harry walked over to Louis, and pecked him on the cheek; Liam's heart nearly skipped a beat when he saw Niall. His hair was the same as always. Blonde on the top, and his natural brunette shade on the sides. He wanted to grow out the entire blonde soon though he kept telling them.

"Hey Liam." Niall said.

"Hey mate." Liam said as normal as he could.

The 4 boys just stood awkwardly in the parking lot for a long 30 seconds.

"Well, let’s go eat!" said obviously by Niall.

"Have any of you guys talked to Zayn?" Harry asked as they started to head towards the entrance of the shop.

"Isn’t he back in Bradford." Liam said.

"Yea, but has anyone talked to him?"

They all looked at each other waiting for someone to nod a yes. No one did.

"After we eat, we'll give him a call. Make sure every things okay." This time they all nodded, while entering the shop.

They all ordered the usual. Niall got a meatball sub with extra cheese, Harry a classic chicken sandwich with ranch, Liam simple ham and cheese with peppers, and Louis a chicken wrap with ranch.

This wasn’t as awkward as Liam thought it would be, he was actually really calm.

*

The boys were outside of the sandwich shop when Liam decided to call Zayn to check up on him since no one had talked to him. The phone rang and no one picked up.

"Hmm, that’s strange Zayn always picks up." Liam said pressing redial.

The phone rang again and this time, someone did pick up, but it wasn’t Zayn.

"Oh Hello, Mrs.Malik." Liam said into the phone.

"Can I talk to Za-" he started to say before falling silent.

"Mhm. Yea, I understand. He's okay though isn’t he?" Was all the other boys could hear.

"We'll be there as soon as we can." Liam said before hanging up the phone.

"What’s going on?" Louis asked the question they were all wondering.

"Zayn’s been in a car accident. Nothing to devastating but he is in hospital. I told his Mum we'll come up and see him for support."

"When did it happen?" Niall asked.

"Uhmm, she didn’t say, but I’m guessing either last night or earlier today."

The four boys all stood in the parking lot staring at the ground. Even though it was nothing serious, as far as they knew, it still really made them all upset knowing one of their best mates, one of their brothers, was in hospital.

"Okay, well me and Harry will take my car back to our place." Louis looked at Harry and Niall, "Who drove here?"

"I did" Harry replied.

"Okay, Liam you take Harry's car, drop Niall off on your way home since it’s on the way. Go home get your bag; pick Niall up on the way back. Come to our flat and we'll all go to metro from there."

Everyone nodded at each other. Harry tossed Liam his keys before getting into Louis' Porsche. Liam and Niall jogged over to Harry's Audi.

*

"Louis where are my white converse?" Harry shouted to his boyfriend from the bedroom.

"Harry, there in the closet, and grab my TOMS while you’re in there." Louis shouted back.

Louis was in the bathroom getting everything they needed from there. They all knew that nothing too serious was going on with Zayn, but they were all rushing because of the fact that he was in hospital and it would take about 2 and a half hours to get there, then waiting for the train added time.

Louis heard the flat door open, followed by someone rushing into their room.

"Are you guys almost done?" Niall asked.

"Yea, Curly over there just has to put his stuff in his bag, and we'll be all set."

Liam walked in behind Niall, "So how are we getting to the metro, walking? Driving?"

"Well, we can walk, it’s late and not a lot of people are out so it should be quick. Someone should call and see when they next train to Bradford leaves." Harry said.

"Alright I'll go call." Liam said.

Niall sat on the bed slouching his shoulders.

"Mate is everything okay?" Louis said putting a hand on Niall's shoulder.

"Lou, can I talk to you about something?" Niall said giving the oldest member of the band puppy eyes.

"Yea of course mate, what is it?" Lou replied.

Niall looked over at Harry who was putting his things in his bag. Louis mouthed "Ohhhh." and gave him a hold on a minute single. Louis walked over to Harry and hugged him from behind, "Babe can you go out there and make me some tea, the waters still hot from when we got home." Harry smiled at his boyfriend and nodded, zipping up his bag and bringing it out with him.

Louis walked over to the doors sliding them shut," Okay, so what’s up?"

Niall stared at him blankly for a few seconds before speaking," Lou I think, I think… I think I might be gayy..."

"Okay." Louis nodded," Why do you think that?"

"Well, last night when I was at Liam's, I slept in the bed with him because I was scared..."

"All of us always sleep in the same bed." Louis said.

"I know, but like we were really close, like touching close and I kind of.. liked it."

Louis was getting excited for his two friends because if Niall did like Liam, or even if he thought he was gay then Liam wouldn’t be crushed.

"So you’re saying you like Liam?" Louis said just before the doors flew open.

"The next train leaves in 45 minutes, so we'll leave in 15 minutes just in case its busy, but I don’t think it will be."

Louis and Niall both nodded, before Liam left and shut the doors.

"Back to my question. So you think you like Liam, or just men in general?"

Niall looked completely confused," What do you mean Liam or just men in general?"

"Well, I liked Harry, but had never looked at any other man as I do him. Yes I think some guys are extremely attractive but I could never see myself with anyone else but him. Then and now."

Both boys were silent. Louis was waiting for Niall to answer his question but didn’t so Louis asked again.

"Well do you like Liam or just men in general?"

Niall looked up at Louis and said," Payne." He quickly looked down at his hands which were busily playing with his bracelet.

"But Liam's not gay so it’s stupid anyways." Niall said getting quite aggravated.

"Niall, I’m going to tell you what I told another friend of mine who’s in a very similar situation. Go with the feelings, see if this is real or just an in the moment phase. If you still feel this way near New Years then act on them, or talk to Liam about them."

Niall stood up and gave Louis a hug, "Thanks mate."

~Metro Station 8:25 pm~

"4 tickets to Bradford at 8:50 please." Liam said to the girl working the ticket booth.

"Here you go Sir." she said handing him the tickets.

He turned around and handed each boy their ticket, tucking his own into his back pocket. They were all walking towards the waiting area where their train would be picking them up, when Liam's cellular began to ring.

"Hello."

"Mrs. Malik, is everything okay."

All the boys had stopped walking now.

"Okay, we'll be their soon, were at metro now."

"Don’t worry everything will be okay."

He hung up the phone. His eyes filled with tears.

He looked at the other boys and said," Zayn just had a seizure and has fell into a coma."

They all came together for a hug, before they heard the train arriving early to take them to see Zayn.