Got Me on My Toes

Chapter Thirteen

When they arrived in Bradford they went right to the hospital Zayn was in.

"Zayn Malik." Liam said to the lady at the front desk.

"Sir, I’m sorry that room is-" she started to say but then looked up to see their faces.

"Oh, I’ll look right now." she said typing away at her computer.

"Room 128. If you go down this hall here, take a left, you'll need to go up 2 floors."

"Thanks." they all said going in the direction she had told them.

Even though the elevator ride was probably only a minute it felt like hours. The last time one of them was in the hospital it wasn’t good, so nobody was exactly thrilled to be here.

*Bing* The elevator doors opened, and they all stepped out.

"Room's 100-140 --->" Liam read the sign aloud.

"This was lads."

They all walked down, what seemed like a mile long hallway. They got to the door. Room 128. Louis knocked and opened the door a smidge, before Zayn's Mum was opening it fully.

"Ahh, Boys." she said with a big smile and open arms for all of them.

"Don’t even think about staying in a hotel, you’re all staying with me."

They all smiled. This is how any of their Mum's were when the other boys were visiting or with them, they became their second mother for the time being.

"How is he?" Niall asked his accent showing more because of his worry.

"He's doing well, he's still in a coma. The doctors aren’t sure why yet. There doing tests."

The same thought was going through all their heads. This is exactly what happened to Louis 3 years ago, and he nearly died.

"What kind of accident was it?" Harry asked.

"Well him and his cousin were at a stop when the car behind them crashed into them. Nothing to serious. But this morning Zayn was complaining about a headache, so I assumed it was whiplash, but just in case I brought him here. And now he's like this.." She started weeping; Niall put an arm around her for comfort.

"Mumma Malik, It'll be okay."

Liam walked over to Zayn, lying motionless in the bed. His hair wasn’t up like usual, it was laying on his forehead, and is warm toned skin had gone cold with paleness.

Liam grabbed Zayn's hand," Come on Zayn, wake up. Your okay, we know you are. We’re all here now. Just wake up." A tear dropped and fell onto the intermeshed hands.

"Excuse me." They heard a deep male voice say.

"Oh, boys this is Doctor Ridney." Mrs. Malik said wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"Hi boys. Mrs.Malik I have the test results back, and everything is normal. We believe that the whiplash gave him a concussion. The lights everywhere could have given him the seizure which lead to the com-" He couldn’t finish the sentence because they all heard a very groggy, “Where am I?"

Zayn was up! How he mysteriously went into a coma just hours before and now had suddenly woken up was just something to add to why he was the 'mysterious one'.

The doctor ran over and started listening to his chest. He buzzed a nurse in who took over with the standard procedures.

"Wow, boy, you really keep up your levels of mystery even in hospital." the doctor said chuckling.

Zayn looked utterly confused,"What? Who are you? What do you mean? And who are you people?"

The smiles that they all had on their faces were replaced with frowns of confusion.

The doctor looked at the nurse then back at Zayn,"Son what’s the date?"

"Uhh, 24th of September 2016?" he said confused.

"What’s your name?"

"Zayn Malik."

"Who’s that?" the doctor said pointing to his Mum.

"My Mum."

"Okay now who are they?" he said gesturing to the boys.

"Uhhh, ummm. I dont know..." Zayn said looking even more confused.

"Can I talk to you all outside for a moment." The doctor said to the boys and Zayn's Mum.

"He seems to have amnesia."

"How could that happen?" His Mum asked.

"Well with the concussion, and then slipping into the coma and the seizure could have done it." The doctor answered.

"How long will it last? Will he ever remember?" Louis asked.

"Well sometimes it could last a few days or even years, depending on how bad it is."

"So what do we do?" Niall said.

"Well all we can really do is have you guys talk to him, maybe bring in your CD's, articles, interviews, anything that will jog his memory."

Great they were supposed to be going on a short tour in 2 weeks. Now what were they going to do.