Got Me on My Toes

Chapter Three

When Louis woke up all he could remember was taking a shower and…and…kissing Harry!?! Was he thinking this right? No it must of been the hangover, or he dreamt it maybe? But why would he dream something like that? He was happy with Eleanor, wasn’t he? Of course he was they’d been dating for almost 2 years now, but then again lately he felt somewhat distant from her, like something had changed in one of them. Ughh all this thinking and the hangover he had was making his head throb. It felt like an elephant had crushed his skull. He hadn’t had a hangover like this since his 21st.

Louis got out of bed, fighting the dizziness he felt and walked down the hallway to the stairs. He could here talking coming from the kitchen. Before going downstairs he thought for a moment; What would Harry’s reaction be if they did actually kiss. I mean they had done it loads of times before, but this time it went farther than usual. They had snogged this time. It may not seem like a big deal because they were drunk, but Louis had liked it, a lot. He took a deep breath and went downstairs.

When he got downstairs to his very, messy flat. He would admit he was a messy guy, but nothing was ever this bad. Red cups covered the floor, cake was smeared all over the couch and the walls, and to top it all off his brand new clock he got was smashed. How that happened was your guess against his. The noise coming from the kitchen was the boys. Niall making food (no surprise there), Liam trying to clean, Zayn still half asleep in his chair, and Harry. Harry was just standing there making tea for everyone but, he looked stunning, even for getting absolutely smashed last night. His curls were still shiny and bouncing around like little springs.

“Well, well Sleeping Beauty is finally up.” Niall said turning around from the stove. “Shut up.” Louis said in a raspy morning voice. “Boys, leave Sleeping Beauty alone he had a rough night.” Harry said winking at Louis. Yup, they had snogged, it was no dream.
Now what was Louis going to do.

6 weeks later

“El, I’m telling you the truth!!” Louis screamed. “Really?! Then how come you’ve been acting so weird after Liam’s party. What happened that night huh? What’d you get drunk and snog some random girl?!?” Eleanor had said on the verge of tears. “El, how many times do I have to tell you. I DIDN’T! Why would you think that anyways?” Louis said as he was now, too, on the verge of tears. He didn’t care how much he thought he was attracted to Harry in anyway. Seeing El like this was heart wrenching.

“Louis, you did the same thing at Zayn’s party. Got so drunk you passed out, right in the middle of snogging some girl. Who you didn’t even know!!!” She shouted as the tears were pouring out now. Louis grabbed her hand, “El, I didn’t do that at Zayn’s party either. Listen I know I’ve been acting weird lately, but I’m just trying to figure some things out. Please stop crying I hate seeing you like this.”

Eleanor had calmed down now and whispered, “Louis what do you have to figure out?” He didn’t know what to do. He was choked up. How in the world was he going to tell her that he thinks he has feelings for Harry. Feelings that he could barely explain to himself, let alone her. “Louis…” She said so low he could barely here her “.. I think..” she started to sob “..I think we should take a break.” He went blank. What did she just say? Take a break? “Wh-” he had started to say but she silenced him before he could continue. “Listen, lately we haven’t even been as close as we usually are. I had a feeling the past few months that something was going on. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but I knew it was something. Louis you haven’t even been talking to me as much as you usually do. Now all you do when were together is text Harry. I know your best friends and all, but usually when you’re with me you tell him you’ll talk to him later. But you haven’t. I understand. But I think this is the best thing for us right now. You need time to think what you’re feeling, and who you’re feeling it for.” Oh God, did she know? Did she know he thought he was having feelings for Harry.

He couldn’t speak. He had nothing to say. “Louis I just want you to know, whether we’re together or not, I’ll always be here for you. I’ll always be your friend. If you need anything, if you need to talk, just give me a call.” she said before placing one last kiss upon his cheek.

And just like that, the person he thought he was in love with, walked out the door