Got Me on My Toes

Chapter Five

When Louis got up to his room he laid down starring at the ceiling for a while before grabbing his phone on the table next to him. He scrolled down, clicked the name he was looking for and waited for an answer he was sure to get. "Hello." he heard his voice and got butterflies in his stomach. Jeese is this how all the girls feel when they hear him talking in interviews? "Hi Harry." Lou replied trying to sound normal. "Lou I was just about to call you. I just talked to Liam and he told me you went home. Is everything okay? No scratch that, I know something’s up . What’s wrong Boo Bear?" Louis' heart dropped to his stomach the thought that Harry just knew something was wrong before Lou even got into it was such a turn on.

"Well, me and Eleanor kind of got into a fight.." he trailed off. "What!? What happened?!" Harry exclaimed almost busting his eardrum. "When I got home from bowling with you and the guys she seemed all mad, so I asked her what was wrong then, she started asking if anything happened at Liam's party because according to her I’ve been acting different since then. I told her no, and then she started going off and we were both yelling and got into this huge argument and she said that we should take a break because I need to figure things out. What things I need to figure out I have no clue."

Harry was silent for a while before he spoke in nearly a whisper, "Louis but something did happen at Liam's party..." Louis froze, he didn’t think Harry would bring this up, "Wh-What do you mean?" Louis said trying to act like he didn’t know what he was talking about but obviously failed when the raspy voice replied, “Louis don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about." This time he didn’t know what to even say. He just swallowed and thought for a minute while they both sat silent on the phone just waiting.

Louis yawned so Harry could hear him, "Harry, I’ll talk to you tomorrow, I’m so tired. Phoebe and Daisy had me running around with them today playing some game they made up." When Harry replied he could hear the smirk in his voice which meant that he knew Louis was avoiding the subject all together, "Alright Sleeping Beauty. Goodnight. I love you." This was normal of the boys they all always said 'I love you' before hanging up the phones with each other but this time when Harry said it to him his stomach knotted and he could feel his cheeks flooding with heat, "I love you too. Goodnight." Louis said before hanging up the phone.

8:23 am; The morning Louis left for Doncaster.

Harry was having such a hard time sleeping lately. On any other holiday or off day he would try to sleep in (which was only to about 10am anyways but still it was sleep) but for the past week and a half he just couldn’t, he would toss and turn and just be restless the whole night. The only time this happens is when he has something on his mind that he just doesn’t realise yet. That’s one of the really weird things about himself he didn’t like, and the only way to solve it was to talk to someone and that someone was always Louis. Somehow he always knew what it was before Harry even did, and if he didn’t they would both figure it out.

He looked at the clock, it was still early and he didn’t think Louis would be up. He had a silent debate in his head whether or not to call. He choose to call, he really needed to talk. He called but there was no answer. Hmm that’s strange even if Louis is sleeping if he hears a phone call coming thru he'll answer it. Maybe he was in the shower, but even that was a stretch Louis didn’t like to take early morning showers unless he had to.

The thought that Louis might be ignoring him made his chest ache in pain. Louis was his best friend to think that he may be ignoring him was agonizing. Before getting up to make some tea and have some breakfast he decided he'd call Liam, the second best person to talk to. The phone rang a few times before he heard an energized, "Hello!" on the other end, he didn’t know how Liam did it, he was always a morning person. "Liam, want to do something today?" he asked in his still sleepy voice. "Sure Haz. I’ll come over around 12. Is that alright?" Liam had asked him, he replied with a simple yes and they said there 'I love you's' to each other and hung up.

-*-

Harry had just finished getting ready when he heard the knock on his door, he ran over, tripping over the remote in the process, to answer it. "Hey Haz." a smiling Liam had said while walking into his flat. "So what do you want to do. Bowling? Get a bite to eat?" Harry said, "Well I actually just really needed someone to talk to." Liam looked surprised, he and the others new when Harry or Louis needed to talk to someone they talked to each other. "Is everything okay? Did you and Lou get into a fight?" Harry shook his head back and forth "No, No, No, I tried calling him earlier but he didn’t answer." "Oh yea! He didn’t tell you? He was going up to Doncaster today, I think his train left around 8 this morning." No wonder he didn’t answer his phone he was probably sleeping, for some odd reason Lou always feel asleep when he was on a plane, train or even in the car sometimes. "Why did he go to Doncaster, he just got back like 2 weeks ago from there." Liam looked puzzled, "I’m not sure, I had asked him if he wanted to do something and that’s when he told me he was off to Doncaster, I just figured he wanted to go back."

Liam sat on the couch, "Now what was it you wanted to talk about?" Harry wasn’t really sure how to go about this, he never had one of his 'figure out why I can’t sleep' conversations with Liam before. So he sat down on the opposite side of the couch and said, "Well I’ve been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, and I know it’s because there’s something on my mind but I don’t exactly know what. So I was wondering if you could help me figure it out..." He bit his lip hoping Liam didn’t think he was crazy or something. He didn’t think that one bit, he just smiled and said, " Of course I’ll help you. Do you have any idea what it could be?" This was the hard part about talking about this with Liam; Louis would always just start shouting things out until Harry thought that was it and then they figured things out from there.

"Well, not really. But it started about a week and a half ago, but then again that doesn’t mean that I 'knew' since then it could be before then." Harry said. Liam sat and stared into space, he looked like he was thinking really hard. "Hmm, well did anything happen at the party, because that was the last big thing to happen in the last 2 months or so." Harry thought for second before realising that something did happen at the party. Something between him and Louis. His stomach was in knots. How was he supposed to tell Liam this. He wouldn’t judge him, but still how would he say it. "Harry, are you okay? You look like you’re going to be sick." Before Liam said the last word Harry sprinted towards the bathroom and started puking up his breakfast.

"Welp, it must be that then, because you always puke like that when you’re under stress and don’t want someone to know something but you have to tell them anyways." He heard Liam shout from the living room. He was right.

After Harry brushed his teeth he went back out and sat with Liam.

"So.. what is it?" Liam asked when Harry returned to his seat.

"Well something did happen..." Harry said looking down into his hands.

"What was it?"

"Liam, it’s not normal, you’re going to get grossed out."

"Come on, just tell me. Don’t you want me to help?"

"Okay well when me and Louis went up to clean the cake off of us, we both took showers. Separately. But when we were done we were both in Lou's room and we started kissing, like snogging." He rushed. Liam just smiled at him and started to laugh. "What’s so funny?!?!" Harry shouted. "Harry don’t you see it? You obviously like Louis more than a friend. And I already know you’re going to say 'but I’m not gay' but really think about it, you too are always together on tour or off, you guys always have to touch each other when in reach, and now that I think about it since the party you both have been acting weird. Maybe he likes you too." Liam said so nonchalant.

That was defiantly what was on his mind because when Liam finished talking Harry's heart was in his throat and was beating a mile a minute. Before he could even start to say anything Liam got up and was heading for the door but didn’t open it until after he said, "Harry don’t worry about it, me and the boys could always tell that one day you two would realise what type of love you both have for each other. Just act on it, and make sure you call Louis tonight. Oh and when he gets home you two have to talk about it." He said nothing more and shut the door behind him.

Harry found out why he couldn’t sleep. He liked maybe even already was in love with Louis.