Status: Active during Full Moons (;

My Curse

Second Encounter

A lot of things went through my mind today as the school day passed by. I wasn’t paying much attention to anything surrounding me; not the lunch in front of me, or the sounds of faculty members having conversations nearby. I just stared out the window as I nibbled on my hot roast beef sandwich. Occasionally a teacher would try to start talking to me, but it always ends up as small talk, like “How is your day going?” or “Are any students giving you trouble?” and even “Why did you become a T.A.?”

I would give them an answer and they would comment back, but I already know that they couldn’t give two shits about caring about me. I’m not really new here at the school. I spent 4 years of Hell at this place as a student, and I couldn’t wait to leave. I hated my teachers and majority of the students back then.

I can actually remember back to when I got into a fight with this one stuck-up popular girl around my junior year. It wasn’t like an argument kind of fight at all. It was a legitimate fist fight. My best friend had to pull me off of the girl and then Sheriff Stilinski put me in handcuffs as I was sent to the principal’s office. The principal didn’t expel me because in truth, I fought in self-defense. That stuck-up bitch started harassing me and when she refused to leave me alone, I had to get involved. My punishment was Suspension for two weeks, but because of my participation in sports, I was still able to go to Lacrosse games. When all that was over, no girl ever tried to cross paths with me ever again.

‘Now that I think about it, that fight was totally pointless.’

“But so worth it.” I said to myself out lout as I ate the last bite of my sandwich and left the teachers’ lounge early. The bell for lunch to be over is about to ring, so I figured I’d head on to my next class, which lucky enough is one of my favorites. I knocked on the door and let myself in to see my most favorite teacher ever.

“Hey Coach.” I said as I stepped into the room.

“Ah Davis, perfect timing.” He groaned as he ran his hands through his already eccentric messy hair.

I sat my stuff down at my own little desk area in they gave me at the beginning of the week. “Is everything alright, Coach?”

“From the looks of these grades, everything is just peachy.” He said sarcastically, “I swear it’s like each year, my students get stupider and stupider. It’s as if they don’t even have a clue on what’s going on in the class! They just sit here, playing with their stupid phones and crap.
And on top of that, we have a game tonight and my star player isn’t even close to almost passing!” He groaned again, his hands kind of shaking.

“Who, Scott McCall?” I thought about the name. “He seems like a bright kid, to be honest.”

“Yeah, he’s a great lacrosse player, but he really lacks his skills when it comes to schoolwork. I’m really debating if I should even let him play tonight’s game.” As soon as he said that, the 3rd period bell went off and he let out a deep breath.

“Great, just perfect…” He muttered and I let out a deep breath as well.

“You know what? Let me take care of those papers for you so that you can focus on today’s class and tonight’s game.” I said taking all of the piles of paper off his desk and placing them onto mine. “It is my job as your new assistant to do so, remember?”

I just watched as Coach stared at me in amazement, but he didn’t say anything back as the students began coming through the door. I saw Tiana walk in and we made eye contact as she took her seat. I gave her a reassuring smile as Finstock started teaching and told her to be quiet. In the meantime, I went ahead and graded the papers that I agreed to do, and to be honest, I can see what had him so stressed. Majority of the students are INDEED either failing or on the borderline of failing the class.

‘Including Scott McCall…’ I thought to myself as I looked at his last class scores. I took a glance at him while class went on. ‘You’d figure with his status here at the school and his adorable boy face that he would have some decent grades. Oh well, appearances can be deceiving.’

I checked the others’ grades. Danny Mahealani’s scores are good and so are Jackson Whittmore’s. Greenberg needs a bit of work and so does one of the other Lacrosse players. I go through a few more before I found Mr. Stilinski’s name. I looked up again this to see him instead.

‘Wow, I can’t believe I’m actually gonna teaching Sheriff Stilinski’s kid, Stiles. At least he has good grades. Great scores actually, but his mind is always wondering from place to place. It must be due to his ADHD.’

My train of thought was interrupted when my phone vibrated, indicating that I have a text message. I checked it to see it came from Tiana.

“So when did you get transferred into this period?”She asked me.

I texted her back without being noticed, “They just finalized my classes a few days ago, so hence I’m stuck in here with you now.”

With my hearing, I heard a slight buzz come from the other side of the room, where Tiana is. Without being caught, Tiana read the message on her phone and smiled a bit. I went ahead to go back to my task, but as usual, I get distracted. Tiana messaged me asking what I was doing, and I waved a red pen over my head, indicating that I was grading papers. She made a face and went back to her phone. A minute later, I get another message.

"I'm glad I passed this class already."

I smiled as I let out a small and quiet laugh, "I wish I could say the same for some of your other classmates."

I watched as she shook her head and then went on to listen to more of Finstock's ramble. As he talked more about Economics, I went back to grading the last of the test papers. When I was done, Finstock gave me permission to pass them back out.

"Ms. Davis is going around now to give back your test from few weeks back. By the looks of majority of you guys' scores, I highly doubt that you're going to pass it. The next one is so hard, Ha, I'm not even sure that I can pass it." Coach said to the class. I shook my head at his comment while some of his students snickered at him.
I went through each row and gave each student their papers back, including Mr. McCall's and Mr. Stilinski's. I can just sense their emotions as they looked at their grades. I passed by Tia and nudged her with my hip a bit and she smiled back at me. When I passed Jackson, I could see that his eyes were justing boring right into Tiana's back with that sly crooked smile across his face. I gave him his paper back but I bent down to his ear to make sure that he would hear me.

"If I were you, Mr. Whittemore, I would keep my eyes to my own things. Because I don't think your 'wandering looks' on my cousin is going to help your grade in this class. Understand?" I threatened him a bit. I left him with that thought as I was done giving back papers and went back to my desk. Finstock didn't give me any other work to do, so I went on to read a book that I had taken off the bookshelf at home for the rest of the period. I open the book halfway to where I had left off and then something fell out of the book. I pick up the small object that dropped and saw that it's an old picture. It's one of me and my mother back when I was really young. The setting looked like it was during one of my birthday parties where I'm blowing out the candles and my mother is smiling behind me.

I stare at the picture for what seems like forever and my daydreaming ended when my phone vibrated again. It's a voicemail from the local vet, Dr. Deaton, telling me that Luna is all done with her appointment. The bell for class then ranged and I put my stuff away in my bag and made my way towards the door. I stopped once I saw Tia leave and I caught up with her.

"Hey, Tia." I said to her. "Are you staying after for tonight's game?"

"Yeah, It's my first time seeing a Beacon Hills game, so I think I'll hang around a bit and cheer for Danny." She told me. "Might go on a run beforehand. I haven't been on one in a while and I'm starting to feel a bit sluggish."

"Okay, because I have to go pick up Luna from the Vet's office and then I'm going to run a few errands real quick. It shouldn't take long, so I'll be back to see how the game is, alright?"

"Okay, what kind of errands are you doing exactly?" She asked curiously.

"I'm thinking about going to see my Mom." I told the truth. "I haven't seen her in a while, especially since we just got back in town. So I figure to get Luna, pick up some nice flowers, and pay her her respects."

"Okay, well I got to get to class, so I'll catch up with you later. Tell Auntie Jen I said Hi." Tiana said to me as she started walking off. I turned to walk away, but Tia's voice caught my attention.

"By the way, I heard what you told Pampered A-Hole Pretty Boy. Thanks." I could hear her from down the hall. I smiled and shouted a 'Anytime!' back her way. I escaped the halls full of teenagers and exit out of the school on the way to my car. I leave campus and make my way to Dr. Deaton's Office downtown. It takes me a good 20 minutes minus all the unneccesary traffic down in later time. I walk into the building where I see a old face.

"Hi, Dr. Deaton." I greeted him.

"Hello there, Alysia. It still feels a century since I've last seen your face in here." He smiled as he wiped something off of his hand. "Even though I just saw you this past week."

"Yeah, It's been a few years since I've been back home." I said to him.

"Indeed, I still remember when you used to work part-time here with me and the pets. The animals grew quite attached to you while you were here." He brought back an old memory.

"What can I say? Animals are just drawn to me." I chuckled a bit. "Speaking of which, I'm here to pick up mine."

"Ahh, yes. You must've gotten my message, I presume. You can just wait out here while I go fetch her." Deaton excused himself out to go to the back where the animals are. As I waited, my eyes wandered across the waiting room as I recalled my old memories of working here when I was a teenager. Mom said that I needed a job so that I could gain some pointers in the work business, or some shit like that. I remembered how I would have to clean the entire building of all of the animal fur that would pile onto the floors and everywhere else. My eyes wandered more until I saw the little white door that connected the desk to passing through to the waiting room.

"I wonder..." I whispered as I went to wave my hand above the small white door. My hand hovered above it, but it left a weird tingle across it. I stopped when I saw the door open to see another familar face. I bent down slightly as the German shepherd gladly walked over to me and wagged her tail furiously. I cooed at Luna as she stood up on her hind legs, standing at almost my height but I calmed her down.

"She's gotten very big for her age." Deaton said as Luna went to him and he petted her. "Such a healthy coat Luna has, plus she's very obedient."

"I guess I'm doing a good job with her then." I told him.

"I recall when you brought her in as a poor defenseless newborn pup. You were so worried about her condition that you begged me to take a look at her." Deaton went on. "I think Miss Hale was with you too."

I could feel my smile turning into almost a sad frown, but I tried to keep my emotions together. "Yeah, my best friend, Laura and I found her in the woods one day after a storm that we had. Luna had washed up on the riverbed, and I was so scared thinking that she would die. Laura helped me bring her here."

Luna could always feel my emotions somehow because she rubbed her head against my leg like a cat trying to pur, comforting me in a way.

"Well, we should be on our way now. Thank you, Mr. Deaton for checking on Luna for me." I thanked him.

"It was my pleasure, Alysia. Try not to be a stranger around here, okay?" Deaton said as we left the Vet's office. I opened the door so that Luna could climb into the back seat. Once she was settled in, we made our way to a nearby floral shop where I found the perfect kind of flowers for my mother's grave. It's a boutique of white peruvian tiger lillies. They're so exotic here and they were my mom's favorite kind of flowers.
Another 20 or minutes, just on the other side of town is Beacon Hills Cementary. I let out Luna as I grabbed my purse and the flowers and as I locked the car, Luna and I made our towards my mother's tombstone. My mom is placed in the heart of the area, with a lot of room around her whereas I won't be standing on anyone's else's grave.

"Hi, Mom. It's been a while since I've seen you." I greeted the gravesite as I kneeled down. "I can see that the person who works here is doing a good job with the cleaning. Your stone looks nice and shiny. I should thank him when I get the chance. As you can see, I brought you your favorite: White Peruvian Lillies, just how you like them."
I placed the flowers on her grave as I read what It said on the stone. In Loving Memory of Jennifer Nicole Harris. Beloved Daughter, Sister, Mother & Friend. You May Be Gone, But Never Forgotten.
I saw out of the corner of my eye, Luna walked up to my mom's grave, laid down beside it and let out a small whine.

"I know, girl." I petted her soft coat. "I miss her too. I miss her too..." I could feel fresh tears trying to escape, but I wiped my eyes before they could. "I love you, Mommy. I wish you were here right now, but I know that you're in a better place. I bet Heaven seems so peaceful wherever you are."

At that moment, I felt a chill go down my spine. I could feel a pair of eyes watching me from afar. My instinct immediately makes me grab the first weapon out of my bag, which happens to be my pistol. Luna could feel the tension in the air, as she sat up and tensed up her entire body. I stood up with the loaded pistol in my hand and could feel another prescence here with me. This feeling was not good at all.

"I know you're out here. Come on out and show yourself." I clenced my hand around the gun as I looked around the scenery. I stopped when I was greeted by a pair of cold eyes, the same pair that I saw not too long ago. He stood just about a good lengths away from me, but he's still a way's off.

"I was not expecting to see your face anytime soon." I said to him, hinted with a bit of anger. "What are you doing here?"

"I would like to ask you the same thing." He said to me in his now deep voice. "What are you doing back in this place?"

"I came here to pay my mother's respects." I answered, feeling my anger rush inside me. "Like it's any of your business anyway. I can see you still haven't changed since the last 6 years I saw you."

"Trust me, I've changed quite a bit." He told me with a smirk on his face. At just that moment, his eyes glowed a bright crimson red. Luna beside me let out a snarl and arched her back, like she was ready to attack him.

"So you're an Alpha now. I would say 'Congrats', but that's not the phrase that comes to mind since it's you."

"Wow, Little Red! That kind of hurts." He says sarcastically as he tries to move more closer to me. In just one quick second, I raised my gun right at him and my finger was anxious to pull the trigger. Luna let out one of her terrifying snarls at him, mimicing my emotion.

"Don't. You. EVER call me that again, Derek." I threatened him as He stopped and let out a laugh.

"Do you really think that you can hurt me with a bullet?" He taunted me, still having that smirk on his face. I was not about to allow him get the best of me. I did what I did, and pulled the trigger. I purposely aimed to miss, as the gun went, the bullet almost grazing him and hit a nearby tree. He turned to the tree then faced me as his smirk is now replaced by a hard expression.

"I can if the bullet's laced with Wolfsbane." I told him as I was about to pull the trigger again.

"So what? You're one of them now?" He asked, this time being serious seeing as how I'm now a threat.

"If you're asking if I'm a hunter, the answer is no. I don't care about the hunters in any way shape or form. I shoot anyone who tries to harm me or anyone I care about, Werewolf or not."

"What makes you think that I would harm you?"

"Please, why else would you be here? I doubt you came here to pay your respects to the dead. The last time I checked, Laura wasn't burried here."

His face hardened at my comment, as he glowed and let his claws extend out of his hands.
"I know she didn't just die too. She was killed, by someone or something. I knew that she had the title of an Alpha last time I saw her, so I know she couldn't have died so easily. So tell me this, who killed Laura?"

"Why should I would tell you?"

"Because if you tell me..." I thought really hard about what I was going to say. "I won't shoot you."
To show him that I'm serious, I dislodged the magazine from its holder and threw them to the ground as I still kept my stance. Derek seemed confused at my action, but he retracted his fangs and claws.

"You have some guts letting your guard down around someone like me." He said to me as he moved a bit closer. The closer he got, my foot inched back. He stopped he when he saw me moving back. "Why do you want to know what happened to my sister so bad?"

I let out a deep breath. "Laura was my best friend, Derek. You've know that since we were kids. Werewolf or not, I still cared about her. Laura was one of the strongest wolves that I've seen. I just never thought that she would share the same fate..."

"Same fate as who?" Derek asked curiously. I didn't say anything, I just clenched my hands into fists as I slowly looked at my mother's grave. His eyes followed mine, and got the hint.

"What makes you think that I didn't kill her myself?" He told me. I wiped my attention back at him, my fists still clenched. Luna stopped snarling but she never left Derek's gaze.

"Because I know you wouldn't kill Laura. You loved her too much. Even if it meant becoming an Alpha, you still wouldn't do it."

"And just how would you know that?" His expression still hard on me.

"I've been around the Hale family for years, Derek. I think I know a little bit on how you wolves think and act." I told him.

"Is that so?" I heard Derek say. One second Derek is standing just a few feet in front of me, and then the next , he was nowhere in sight. I picked up my gun and put it back in place as I kept my guard up while I scanned the entire area, waiting for him to pop back up. Luna barked non stop, trying to find him as well. It was good for a few seconds, until I turned to my left and was knocked down to the ground, my pistol swung out of my hand. I tried to grab for my gun, but Derek kicked it out of my reach. Derek pinned me to the ground as he held my arm down with his hand, and wrapped his other around my throat. I could now see his full Alpha transformation as his now crimson eyes bore into mine as he growled in my face.

"Did you forget that you should never let your guard down around an Alpha?!" He informed me as he tightened his grip on my arm and throat, cutting off my air supply. I used my arm to try and pry him off me, but it didn't work. In just that second, Luna came and bit hard into Derek's arm. He took his attention away to pry Luna off of his arm as he threw her, causing her to fly off and land a few feet's away from us.
All it took was that to grab my free hand to reach the fighting knife in my back pocket and swung it at him. He barely dodged my attack as he jumped off of me, leaving with a scratch on his face. Luna came running back in full force at she pounced herself at him. He growled his loudest at her but it didn't work. She still went at him, fangs and all. He dodged her attack as well. Luna, knowing that she couldn't get to him, came by my side and guarded me from him. I stood my ground as I held the knife in a defensive mode and my pistol in the other.

"I haven't forgotten, Derek." I said to him, still trying to regain my breathing. "I've trained with your kind before. I know how to take care of myself." Derek still looked like he was going to do a second attack, but he reverted back to his human features. I still kept my guard as he stood up. He touched his face where I had scratched him, only for there to be barely a pink scar on his left cheekbone.

"I've got to hand it to you. You have gotten stronger since I last saw you." He smiled his smirk again, which annoyed me this time. "Hopefully when we meet again, we won't try to kill one another."

"Wait!" I coughed out as he was about to leave. "Was that just a test to prove my strength? You weren't trying to kill me just then?"

He turned to me, no longer a cold expression on his face, but it was replaced with a hint of surprise. "Little Red, if I wanted to kill you, you would've been dead right now but you're not."
He then left on that note. "Besides, my sister would come back from the dead and kill me herself if I killed you."

And just like that, he vanished. Luna tried to go after him but stopped when I began coughing. I put my pistol back in my purse and my knife back into its holder in my back pocket. I rubbed my wrist and neck, knowing that they would still hurt for only a few more minutes.

I cursed under my breath. "I'm sorry you had to see that, Mom. I should've been more careful." I stood up on my feet collecting my things and checking myself for any other injuries. I checked the time and realized the time.

"It looks like I have to go soon, Mom. My old school is having a game tonight and it's been a while since I've seen it. Tia is there so I have to go check up on her. She says Hi and that she misses you too along with the rest of the family. I'll even bring her the next time I come. I know how much you'll like to see her. Well, I have to go, Mom. I'll see you soon. I love you."

After I said my goodbyes, Luna and I went back to the car. As we let ourselves in, Luna turned her head back towards the cementary. She let out a low growl as she continued to stare at the scenery. I followed her gaze but saw nothing.

He must be still here, still watching me. I thought to myself, as I climbed in my car.

"You fucking asshole werewolf. I told you to never call me that name anymore." I said out loud in the wind, know that if he's still out here, he would hear me. I closed the door, turned on the car and then sped off out of the place, still thinking about what had just happened.

"I hope I never see that Alpha again, for the rest of my life." I wished myself an impossible wish.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alysia

Ahh , it feels so good to be updating again, you guys have no idea. I had almost forgotten about this story, but my co-writer/cousin will not allow that to happen, so thank you Gabbi, for your obsessive nagging. I hope you lovely souls like this chapter. I promise to try and update more often, especially since I'm on winter break from school.
F.Y.I. there will be more encounters between Alysia and Derek throughout the story, even though as much as my character does not want to.

Rate/Comment/Subscribe/Like/Dislike/IDGAF

Merry Christmas!
Momo~