Status: Active during Full Moons (;

My Curse

Thrill Ride.

Tiana

When sky blue gets dark enough
To see the colors of the city lights
A trail of ruby red and diamond white
Hits her like a sunrise

She comes and goes and comes and goes
Like no one can

Tonight she's out to lose herself
And find a high on Peachtree Street
From mixed drinks to techno beats it's always
Heavy into everything


I paused John Mayer as I came to a stop at my door. With a pant I pulled out my keys from my arm pouch then unlocked the door. I stumbled into the house and went straight for the water bottle I'd left on the counter. The chill felt good going down my throat, and it was happily welcomed. I wiped my mouth with my arm, very unladylike, then tossed the bottle into the sink. Before I could get up the stairs a knock sounds through the house.

"Seriously." I mumble under my breath.

Unwittingly I pulled the door without even a glance out the peephole. Luckily for me there was not some psychotic killer at my door, but instead stood Stiles and Scott. Scott's eyes widened considerably before he whacked Stiles in the side.

"What, Dude- HOLY TONED ABS!" He slapped a hand over his mouth in surprise.

I rolled my eyes.

"Come on in."

I moved away from the door and went to walk upstairs to my room. I could feel one of their stares boring into my back, but I ignored it figuring it had to do with the fact I barely had clothes on. I went into my closet grabbing a camisole, Diamondbacks sweatshirt, ripped jeans, vans, and essential under clothes. When I came out of the closet Scott and Stiles were sitting on my bed in a deep conversation. I cleared my throat and they both looked up at me.

"Um I'm going to go take a shower. Feel free to look through the boxes...possibly put stuff on the shelves for me." I turned to walk out only to be stopped by Scott.

"Quick question."

I gave him a nod that told him to proceed.

"What happened to your arm?"

"Lysa and I were attacked by some mountain lions a few years ago." I lied with ease.

He nodded and I left them to go shower. I sighed peacefully as the steaming water runs down my body soothing it. After about five minutes I hop out of the shower then quickly dry off and get dressed leaving my hair wet. I shove my hair under a beanie then grab my house keys off the hook by the door.

"Come on dumb and dumber are you- What the hell are you doing?"

Stiles bottom half was sticking out from under my bed and Scott was holding my softball trophies. Scott looked down at Stiles and laughed.

"Dude, what the hell are you doing?"

I shook my head at him.

"Come on chauffeur, I need my ride to the game."

He scrambled out from under my bed and ended up hitting his head in the process. I threw an arm around his shoulder.

"You're really weird...,but I like you so I'll let that slide."

“Yes, you should definitely do that.” He nodded enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes at him.

“Well then lets head to the game, I sure as hell hope it’s a good one.” I said, muttering the last part to myself.

Scott chuckled as if he’d heard me, and maybe he had.

We fell into an awkward silence, and decided to head to the school. Little did I know tonight would be rather ... thrilling.

~~~

We were halfway into the game and Eddy Abomowich, or "The Abomination" as his teammates called him, was taking out players left and right. Lets just say if the game kept going like this Beacon Hills was going to need a new lacrosse team.

"Coach, you need another player out there or you're going to have to forfeit."

Coach Finstock's eyes widened considerably before he glanced around the crowd. His eyes met mine and he smirked, but before he had the chance to say anything I stood and walked away from the bleachers.

I could here him calling for what I could only suppose was his interpretation of Stiles' name in the background. I looked around and noticed Stiles slipping into the school, and out of curiosity I followed behind. I ran up and caught the door before it shut loudly and crept behind him. I could hear the echo of voices near the pool. I peeked into the room and saw the same creeper who'd kept popping up around the school. Beside him was a girl, I'd seen her around our school today, but I couldn't think of her name.
The pair seemed to be interrogating Stiles, and it didn't seem to fair so I stepped in.

"What's going on?"

All three turned to look at me, the older man studied me closely, as if he knew me. Stiles looked shocked with his mouth open while he searched for words, but the girl wasn't looking at any of us. Her stare was fixed upwards on something that must've been truly frightening. I stepped farther into the room to see what she was so afraid of. Up on the balcony stoop an eerie reptilian. I stumbled backwards into Stiles' chest causing him to reflexively grab my waist. The reptile erupted in a roar and before I realized it, I was drenched in pool water.

ALYSIA'S POV

The drive back home was really quiet. I hardly played any music in the car, which isn't like me at all. As soon as I got home, I let Luna inside and gave her something to eat. While she was preoccupied, I went to the closest bathroom and looked into the mirror to examine my neck. It was very faint, but there are indeed signs of bruising from where the a'hole of an Alpha choked me. Even though the bruise would be gone in like a few hours, I still put foundation on to cover it up. I went back into the kitchen and saw out of the corner of my eye, Tiana's backpack.

"She must've been here already." I remembered when she told me that she was going to go for a run after school. I check my phone and didn't realize that I had gotten a text message. Coincidentally, it was from Tia, saying that she got a ride to the game from Stiles and Scott.

"Stiles and Scott, huh..." I murmur as I thought to myself. I can tell that Stiles is definitely 100% human, but there's something different about Scott McCall. His body language and attitude are those off from a normal teenager. In fact, they look strangely familiar....

"No no no, Alysia, stop that." I say to myself as I grab my keys and head back outside. "Not every strange acting person you meet is someone of the supernatural." I locked the house and returned to my car as I started it up, making my way back towards the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The parking lot was literally packed when I arrived to the school. I was lucky enough to get a space close to the main building so that I wouldn't have to walk that much, not that I really mind it at all. I looked around the area and saw that a lot of people are wearing jackets, coats and whatnot, and I'm just okay with none of those. The weather has never really affected me as much as everyone else, especially Tiana. I know she probably has one of her hoodies with her, but I had grabbed an extra jacket from the car just in case. The game had already started by the time I got to the bleachers, and they were packed as well. I scanned the area once more to find Tiana sitting alone.

"Mind if I sit here, miss?" I said to her, not noticing my presence again as she jumped a bit.

"I'm still trying to get used to you sneaking up near me." Tiana let out a laugh as she slid over for me to sit down.

"And how is that working out for you?"

"Better actually. My heart didn't try to beat out of my chest this time." She said to me.

"Well, that's good. You've improved in these two weeks." I say as I look towards the field. I see Jackson, Scott and the others on the field with the opposing team. One individual caught my attention when he tackled one of our members and sent him hurling a few feet in the air. I know I wasn't the only one who saw; The whole stands saw, even Coach.

"C'mon, is that thing even a teenager?! I wanna see a birth certificate!" Coach Finstock yelled. He then sat down on the bench and began talking to Stiles.

"That guy is so not playing fair." Tiana commented beside me.

"His name is Eddy Abomowich." I say absentmindly, and Tiana gave me a weird look. I stated to her that I could hear Stiles' and Coach's conversation.

"Through all this noise around us, you're still able to hear them?" She asked.

I nodded my head. "And besides, they're not that far from us."

"I know but still." She giggled. We continued to watch the rest of the game, even though that 'Abomination' kid was putting more and more of our players onto stretchers. If he keeps this up this long, we won't have much players to even play the rest of the game. I saw Danny with an ice pack on his head and Coach trying to persuade him back into the game.

That's like Bobby Finstock, always trying to do whatever he can to succeed. I laughed mentally.

It didn't do so good though, because Beacon Hills is still short one player. Coach yelled out Stiles' name, but the kid was nowhere in sight. He then turned to the bleachers and saw us sitting there. He smiled at Tia, but she shook her head no, already knowing what his intentions were. He looked at me and I mouthed out a 'hell no', which got him mad as he searched for more players.

"Hey, I'm going to the restroom, I'll be back." Tiana said as she left the bleachers, before I could say anything. My attention turned back to Coach, who eventually found a replacement: it was actually one of my students, Boyd. His body was really fit for his age, and I watched as Coach Bobby suited him up for play and set him out on the field. The Lacrosse game went back into to play, and this time I watched hard for the resulting effect.

And might I say, the result paid off really well. Boyd, who probably has had no lacrosse experience whatsoever, took down the Abomination kid in just one hit. Everyone on our side stood up and cheered for Boyd, including me. I didn't know he had it in him. Out of nowhere, I got that feeling again; that feeling when something non-human is close by. I scanned all over the area to make sure the feeling wasn't Derek again. I didn't sense Derek, so I looked at the field and it was only for a split second , but I swear I could see bright glowing yellow eyes coming off of Boyd.

Those aren't normal eyes. They're the eyes of a werewolf, more in fact a Beta.

The game went on and the feeling I got was still there, meaning that Boyd is in fact a werewolf. It looked like he was on the verge of shifting, but Scott stole my attention when he took the ball from him and scored the goal. We cheered for the point that he scored, and then out of nowhere, one of the members of the opposing team knocked into Scott, causing him to fly off in the air. When Scott landed, he landed weird on his leg, and in my ear was the sound of a bone breaking. The sound was so vivid, it made me shudder. I saw some people run out onto the field, and I joined them as well to see what happened. I stopped when I was standing in between Coach Bobby and the woman who looked like she could be Scott's mother. Another student of mine, Allison Argent helped Scott get back on his feet, but we insisted that they shouldn't.

"It's alright. My leg is fine." Scott said as he made a small limp and then stood up straight with Allison still hold him. "see?"

"From where I was, I literally heard the sound of bone breaking." His mother said to him.

"Heard it? I felt it." Coach said to him. I agreed with the thought, but Scott assured us that he was fine, which got me a little worried.

But also a little suspicious.

I went back to the bleachers and noticed that Tiana still hasn't returned. I checked the time and realized that she was gone for way too long. I tried calling her phone, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Damnit, Tiana. Pick up your phone." I tried calling her again, but it went straight to voicemail. This wasn't good. I got up from the bleachers and looked for her, but no sign. I finally just gave in to go into the school to look for her. I open the doors to the school and searched down the hallway for the closest bathroom.

"Tiana?" I called out to her, but nothing. "Tiana?"

A cold shiver then ran down my spine as I heard one of the weirdest screams I've ever heard, followed a deepened growl. The sounds came from the pool area, and Tiana is still nowhere in sight.

"This is so not my night." I say to myself as I reach in my bag and pulled out my gun, fully loaded bullets this time. I made my way towards the swimming pool was with my gun in tact, when I saw movements in the water.

"Tiana!" I dropped my stuff and ran inside. The first thing I saw was a girl in the corner, who was knocked out unconscious. I then turned to see Tiana emerge from the water. I went by the edge immediately. "Tiana, what are you doing in there?"

"Stiles, I followed him here and then," Tiana coughed out the water in her system, "Wait where is he?"

I then hear another splash, revealing Stiles as he held up a certain Alpha who I really wasn't planning to see again.

"What is going on in here?" I said to Tiana, who was swimming over to me. I placed my gun down as I reached my arm over to her as she swam.

"Lysa, you didn't see it?" Tiana asked me as she got close to me. As soon as she grabbed my arm, that eerie screech filled the room and froze all of us. I didn't see anything, but the sound still ringed in my ears.

"C'mon, let's get you out of here." I said as I pulled Tiana out of the water. She was drenched as she tried to catch her breath.

"I can explain later, but we have to help them first." She said, referring to Stiles and Derek. As angry as I was to see him, I put it aside as I ran over to the other side to help Stiles with Tiana in tow.

"Ms. Davis?? What are you-" Stiles said as he saw me.

"No time to explain. Just try to get to over here." I told him as Tiana and I bent down and reached out for them, even though they were in the middle of the pool. Stiles started swimming towards us, when Derek told him to stop out of nowhere. We all then heard a hissing sound to which when we turned around, we all saw it.

It was the creepiest thing I ever saw in my life. This creature had the bodytype of a reptile: eyes, tail and everything, but it looked horrifying. It crept its way around the other side of the pool, just staring at us with its yellow reptilian eyes.

"What the hell is that thing?" I say, not receiving answer. Th reptile crept its way to the edge of the pool, where it stuck its hand in the water then hissed as it pulled away from the pool; almost like the water was toxic.

"You see that? I don't think it can swim." Stiles said as we looked at it, now slithering towards us.

"Tiana, get behind me now." I told her as I reached for my gun in front of me. She was frozen in fear looking at that thing, so I slowly moved in front of her, going into my protective mode. We have to do something soon, I can already tell that Stiles is getting tired from holding Derek for so long. He tried swimming again, but this time to the other direction, but as usual Derek stopped him.

"Don't even think about it." Derek threatened him.

"Can't you just trust me for this once?" Stiles said, spitting water out of his mouth.

"No!"

"You know that I'm the only one who's keeping you alive, you realize that right?" Stiles noted.

"Yeah, and once the paralysis wears off, who's going to be able to fight that thing?" Derek argued, which wasn't helping at all. Even though I have to help them, I'm more concerned about saving my cousin.

"Tiana, when I give the word, you run out of here, okay?" I told her.

"But, Lysa-"

"No buts! Get yourself out of here. I'll take care of this thing." I ordered as I aimed my gun towards the creature and cocked it. The sound of my gun got the creature attention when it looked in my direction and hissed.

"Go NOW! I exclaimed as I stood up as I shot at the reptile as it slithered its way toward me. I was able to get three shots in when it came near me. I couldn't do much but use myself as a shield in front of Tiana, as the thing used its tail to throw me across the room. My back impacted into the stands hard enough for me to scream as I felt the pain as I fell to the floor. I raise my head to see that Tiana was crunched on the floor with the creature now in her face.

"Get away from her!!" I said as I reached for my gun and shot point blank at it in the face. The bullet went to its forehead but it did nothing but turned its attention to me. Tiana took the chance to dive back into the water while she had the chance. As I tried to get back up, the reptile beat me to it as it flung me across the room again, this time against the marble tiles. The gun flew out of my hands this time, but I couldn't reach for it. My back started stinging as I could feel new fresh scratches going along the side of it. The creature then got as close to my face as it held me down but pulled at my hair to try to get at my throat as it hissed at me. I took the oppurtunity I had as I unsheathed the knife out of my back pocket and stabbed the creature, but it did me no good. The thing yelled at me with my knife so deep in its side.

"Lysa!" I heard Tiana scream for me as she and Stiles try to swim out to the ledge, still holding Derek. The creature was seconds at to getting to my throat, when something knocked it off of me. I then see someone pulling Tiana, Stiles & Derek out of the water and landed them near me. I got a good look at that someone when he started growling at the creature. I could tell from its bodytype that it was Scott McCall.

So I was right. He is a werewolf too. I thought as I watched him battle the creature. It only lasted a few minutes until the reptile creature then suddenly went through the ceiling window. I know it was over when it was quiet for a few minutes, until Tiana broke the silence.

"Lysa, are you alright?" She came by my side immediately while the others just stared.

"I'll be fine. It didn't hurt me much." I tried to sit up, but for some reason I couldn't.

"You're wounded pretty bad." She said as she examined my back where it scratched me.

"It'll heal." I said as I tried to regain my strength, but I still couldn't move. "Ughh, I can't feel the lower half of my body."

"It paralyzed you." Derek said out of nowhere, still gasping for air. "Just like it did to me."

I didn't reply to him. I didn't acknowledge him at all, since I'm still angry that he's even here especially after what happened today. I manage to sit up as much as I can, just as Tiana wraps her arm around myself and tries to pull me up. Since I don't have feeling in my legs, I stagger under Tiana as she tries to hold me. I was about to fall, when Scott (in human form) and Stiles got on the other sides and held me up.

"Thank you, boys." I say to them as all three help carry my paralyzed body out of the school building. They were able to make it to my car where to sit me in the passenger side. I cringed at the pain that I could still feel in my lower backside.

"Ms. Davis?" Scott said, having a worried look on his face.

"It's alright, Scott. I'll be fine as soon as I get home." I assured him. Tiana came as she grabbed my stuff and wrapped the extra jacket around my side, using it as a tourniquet. Scott still had the worried look on his face, and I realized why.

"Scott." He raised his head. "You don't have to worry. This wouldn't be the first time I've fought something of the supernatural."

He gave me a confused look just as Stiles came by. "I found your gun and your, uhh, knife." I examined the knife as it had weird black liquid all over it. Must be that reptaile's blood or some sort.

"Thanks, Stiles." I took the weapons from him and he too looked at me strangely.

"Lysa, I'm so sorry. I didn't think that-"

"Nope." I placed my hand in front of her. "No need for that. Let's all just go home and forget this night ever happened, okay?"

I tried to move again, but the kids insisted I didn't.

"Well, since I'm paralyzed, it looks like you have to drive, Tia." I told her as I handed her the keys. She hesitated a first but took them as she shut my side of the door. I watched her say an awkward good bye to the boys and then got into the driver's side.

"You're sure you know how to drive?" I asked her as she started up the engine.

"I know the basics." She said in an uneasy voice as the car jerked and then sped off on the road off of campus. I was grateful when we were actually able to make it home, without Tiana almost hitting something. She helped me inside, to where she could go as far as to lay me on the couch. Luna came by my side immediately and started whining.

"It's alright, girl." I petted the German Shepherd. "I'll be fine."

I looked up at Tiana, her face still in shock. "I was not expecting that at all..."

"What? That creature thing or the fact that one of your new friends is a werewolf?"

"Both." she let out a small ha. "Do you know what the heck that thing was?"

"No." I say to her, "But I'm going to find out one way or another."
♠ ♠ ♠
♬♪Tia♬♪