Status: yeah lets not talk about it

He Had To Pick Me

Chapter 12

A month had passed since I had found out that I officially had cancer. Life was hard, but I kept going. I had started chemo about two weeks after I found out. That was hard chemo wasn’t my favourite thing in the whole world. I know that I said I wouldn’t talk to Vero and Ashley anymore but I decided against that after Vero called me and I realized I wasn’t as strong as I had thought I was. I needed a friend and Ashley and Vero helped me so much with everything that was happening. I had originally thought my mom would have been able to help me out but after I told her she was constantly crying and upset. I couldn’t stay with her anymore. I hated to see her cry when she saw me in pain and that was pretty often, even worse with the side effects from chemo. So I made the decision to move out. Ashley was the first person I told and she told me that I should come live with her instead of moving out on my own but I didn’t want to be a burden on anyone’s shoulders so I told her, I’d be fine on my own. She offered to help me look for a place, so I told her we could go together one day and we did. We looked at a couple houses together until I found the “one“ . Then was the hard part I had to tell my mother and father. When I did my dad understood, but my mom was against it and told me I wouldn’t be able to take care of myself. She was right, I wouldn’t be able to. There were days when I couldn’t get out of bed and someone had to literally feed me food. I knew I would have to find a way to make this work, and finally I did. I would get a nurse to come live with me. After I told my mom about my brilliant idea she was okay with the idea of me moving out so I did. I signed all papers and started getting ready to move out but before I could I had to find myself a nurse.

I talked to my doctor about the whole moving out thing and getting a nurse he thought it was a very good idea. He said that a nurse would know how to deal with me the best and wouldn’t get overwhelmed in tough situations. I hopped he was right. I asked him if he had anyone I could ask to come live with me, to my surprise he told me he had someone who would be perfect and he would set up an appointment for us to meet each other. I was excited to meeting the nurse and hoped me and her would get along well.

Throughout the whole month I had been through a lot, and to be completely honest Jordan didn’t cross my mind very often. Sure I had been upset but after everything that happened, I was always busy or in pain and that didn’t give me much time to think about Jordan. I was happy because now I knew I would be okay. Life would be okay. I knew he had moved on but now I knew that I would too.

Today was the day, the day I was going to meet the nurse, I talked to my doctor and he said to go meet the nurse I think her name was Taylor at local coffee shop. I was excited but nervous at the same time. What if she saw me and decided she didn’t want to do it? What if we hate each other? I really needed to move out so I prayed none of these would turn out to be true.

I quickly got dressed, I even tried to look good so she wouldn’t think that I was some kind of weirdo.

When I got to the coffee shop, I looked around but I couldn’t see a girl that was alone. So I just assumed she was late I ordered my coffee and sat down when suddenly this man, 6 foot 2 maybe started walking toward me. He was pretty cute. He wasn't Jordan cute but he was pretty close if you ask me. Why was he coming here?

“Hi, I’m Taylor are you Makayla?” he said extending his hand. I shook his hand and said

“yes I am” Oh my god, how could my doctor forget to mention the fact that my nurse was a freaking dude! When he said the nurses name was Taylor I just assumed the nurse was a girl. Suddenly I didn't think the whole moving out was a good idea. I didn't even want to think of what would my mom say when she found out that I was moving in with a man that I didn't even know even though he would be my nurse.

“So I understand you are looking for a nurse that could come and live with you full time?” He said. How was I supposed to say that I wasn't interested anymore without sounding rude? You know what who knows how long I’m actually going to live, plus you only live once so why not move in with a guy. He’s only my nurse nothing else. I still have feeling for Jordan that aren't going to just disappear.

“Yeah, I am and my doctor told me you would be perfect for the job, do you mind me asking why he would say that?”

“Of course not, well I think he thought I would be good for this job, well because when my mom was very sick, she had the same cancer as you, I was a kid but I did my best to help her it was hard but obviously my mom was worth it. It was difficult for the both of us. She was always in a lot of pain and after a while my dad couldn't take it anymore so he left and what help I did have with my mother was now gone. I did everything I could for her and I also decided I was going to become a nurse so I could help other people like my mother. So , I guess I’m a good choice because I've already lived with someone who is going through what you are and will.” he said and I suddenly had so much respect for this stranger I had just met.

“Oh, I’m so sorry that you had to go through some very hard times and I would love if you would come live with me full time to be my nurse”I said with a smile.

“we just need to figure out how you’re getting paid, chemo coasts a lot and much of what i had saved was spent on school so I don't have much money and won't be able to pay you greatly so I understand if you would want to decline the offer”

“I guess the doctor forgot to tell you that I’m homeless and that's mainly why I was a good candidate, I need a place to stay and food and as long as you can provide me that I will work for free”.

“I can't have you work for free, I just won't pay you much then, deal?”

“Deal”he said with a huge smile.
“You can come on the weekend to move in anythings you might have that when I'll be moving here's the address and I’ll see you there I guess, bye.” I said while handing him the paper with the address and walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, I know I said I would post again until after my exams but then I got this idea and decided I had to post! Do you guys like where it's going? This time I'm 100% sure I'm not posting until after exams so that will be Wednesday! :)

And thank you to everyone who read and subscribed and thank you to these people who commented

Ali.58 : Awwee that's because you're smart! Thanks for reading and commenting.<3

beckrexz : Hope you like what's happened in this chapter. Thanks for the comment means a lot to me! <3