Home Is Where The Cell Is

Sam-First Day

I walk into the prison yard and look around. Jail isn't really that much different from high school. We'll in a sense. Everyone out here looks up and stares at the new kid. The fresh meat. I try to look mean so I won't get messed with but I highly doubt I'm doing a good job.
“Hey, new guy, come here!” A girl with a pretty face and long blonde hair calls out to me. I look at my other choices and walk over to her.
“Hey.” She says and then throws her arms over my neck and jumps into my arms. She wraps her legs around my waist and hungrily kisses me. I'm stunned and before I can react she's gone. A big guard has a hold of her. He looks like he's having a little bit of difficultly restraining her which is odd because of his size.
“Oh, come on Mick! You always kill my fun!” This girl stops struggling and then tips her head back to see the guard's face.
“Quinn, don't even think about it.” He says and pushes her out in front of him, still gripping her wrists together.
“Fine!” She pouts and Mick the guard lets her go. She looks back at him and sticks out her tongue. She goes back to where she was sitting and pulls her shirt put, exposing her belly.
“Quinn!” Mick goes over to her.
“Mick, leave me alone or I'll report your ass again.” Quinn says this with an evil smile across her face. Mick looks upset but doesn't push the situation. I don't really know what to do so I walk over to Quinn. She beautiful and I want to know her better.
“Hi, I'm Sam.” I put out my hand and Quinn just looks at me.
“I'm Quinn.” She says pulling her shirt higher.
“Uhh, I, umm.” I stutter staring at her.
“Why are you here?” She asks with that same smile. Like she's enjoying herself.
“I got drunk and peed in a fountain in front of second graders.” I say not being able to look away.
“I mean where are you near me?” She pulls her shirt down over her skin and stands really close to me. I can smell her she's so close to me. I want to kiss her but I don't her.
“Well, I don't know anyone and you seemed...” I don't know how to finish my sentence so I just trail off.
“Interested?” Quinn helps me out.
“Yeah.” I say and smile.
“Well, I was but seeing as Mick is being a dick now I'm not.” She walks passed me and goes back inside the prison. I watch her go and fell like an idiot.
“Don't take it personally.” A boy comes over to me. He's ripped and has a short black mo-hawk.
“Quinn's a slut.” He says in a matter of fact way.
“Oh.” I say not sure how to respond and a little offended by his accusation.
“I'm Puck.” He says putting his hand out.
“Sam.” I take his hand.
“Yeah, I was listening to the conversation.” He looks around the yard.
“So, why are you here?” I ask.
“Robbery with my sister.” He sounds bored, like he's already told this story too many times.
“Oh.” I sound surprised. Puck laughs and Mick blows a whistle.
“Lunch!” Puck says and we go into the cafeteria. He takes me to a table with others at it already.
“Sam this is Santana, Brittany, and you've already met Quinn. Guys this is Sam.” We greet each other and I sit down. The food isn't as bad as TV says it is.
“God, I want you.” Quinn says this to me and I choke on my bread. The others laugh.
“Maybe if you give her your lunch she'll bang you.” Brittany looks serious but I can't tell.
“She's a prostitute.” Santana says seeing my confusion.
“Really?” I'm stunned again.
“Yeah.” Quinn flashes one of the guards but he doesn't seem amused.
“What's the problem today?” Quinn asks the table.
“Jesse's out of solitary.” Puck says.
“Really?! Where? I love new boys.” Quinn perks up.
“Jesse isn't new Quinn.” Santana has long brown hair and dark brown eyes. She's beautiful.
“He's kind of new.” Quinn says.
“You're a slut and you know Rachel'll kill you if you try.” Brittany tells her.
“And you're an idiot.” Quinn doesn't miss a beat. I look around the room and my eyes stop on a girl entering the room. She's beautiful. She has long dark brown hair with the prettiest brown eyes. She has a squared shaped face and long legs. She walks up to our table and someone next to us raises his voice.
“The things I'd do to her man!” Puck clenches his fists together and jumps up. He spins around and decks the guy in the face. He jumps on top of him and continues the beating.
“Don't ever talk to her like that again!” Puck yells.
“HEY!” Three guards run over and yank him off the kid.
“Talk some more shit buddy!” Puck's yelling as the guards take him away.
“Solitary for the day!” A guard says.
“Shit.” Brittany looks bummed.
“Must he always do that?” Santana asks.
“God, he's so hot when he's angry.” Quinn fans herself.
“Eww, Quinn, that's so totally gross, Noah's my brother.” This new girl says sounding like a total airhead and takes the seat next to me.
“Well, he's hot. I'd be on him in a second!” Quinn smiles.
“You're gross.” She answers.
“This is Sam Rachel.” Santana changes the subject.
“Oh my God. Sam your last name is Rachel's first name?” Brittany asks, seriously.
“Hi.” Selena smiles at me, ignoring her.
“Hi.” I say back.
“So like, what'd you do?” Rachel asks taking my juice.
“Indecent Exposure.” I breathe.
“Oh, you and Quinn'd make like the perfect couple. Huh, Quinn?” Rachel looks at Quinn and I look at her too.
“I already tried, Mick's in a mood though.” Quinn points to Mick.
“Why are you here?” I ask. There's no way Rachel should be here. She looks so perfect except I can understand how she got caught. She doesn't seem like the brightest person.
“Robbery and attempted murder.” Rachel smiles and sips my drink. I can fell my mouth drop open but can't stop it.
“Attempted Murder?” I ask, not believing it.
“Yeah, me and Noah were hitting a bank and I kinda shot the security guard in the chest. He didn't like die or anything though.” She seemed to have no remorse.
“Wow.” Was all I could say.
“Well he went after Noah so it was really basically self-defense.” Rachel shrugged with a sweet smile on her lips.
“That's not self-defense.” Santana said a little too bitchy.
“Right, sorry Santana, I totally forgot.” Rachel twirled a piece of hair around her finger.
“You do that a lot huh?” Santana snapped at her.
“Santana, calm down.” Brittany tried to sooth her by rubbing her back.
“Don't fucking touch me Brittany.” Santana stood up and left. Brittany sighed and excused herself.
“Drama queen.” Quinn said and stood up.
“Where are you going?” Rachel asked.
“To talk to Mick.” Quinn smiled and walked away.
“Is Santana okay?” I ask Rachel after a minute.
“Yeah, she'll be fine.” Rachel looks at me.
“So Quinn jumped you?” She laughs and I picture Quinn on me again.
“Yeah. In the yard.” I save the memory.
“You really have to watch her. She'll totally do it again when she gets bored.” Rachel looked around looking bored herself.
“I will.” I smile, hoping that it will happen again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let Me Know What You Think.