Home Is Where The Cell Is

Quinn-Worth It

“Yes, Frannie, I'm fine.” I look at my older sister and move in my chair uncomfortably.
“That's good.” She smiles at me and I wonder if we really have the same parents. We don't look anything alike. She has short brown hair and big brown eyes like our father. She has our mother's face though. The shape of her nose and fullness in her lips.
“So, is everyone treating you nicely?” Frannie asks.
“Frannie, this isn't like high school. I'm in jail. No, people aren't nice.” I say cruelly.
“Quinn, this is hard for me to. I mean do you think it's easy for me to come here?” She looks around.
“Then why do you?” I ask.
“Because you're my sister.” She looks at me but doesn't smile this time.
“I'm also a daughter but they don't come. You don't have to, if you don't want to.” I love the idea of Frannie coming to see me but once she's here I'm ashamed of myself and hate her the fact she's so much better than me.
“Quinn, I want to see you. I just hate seeing you here.” Frannie waved a hand around.
“Yeah, well, sorry I'm such a disappointment.” I say and look down.
“Quinn what happened to you?” Frannie sounds how I feel, a little broken.
“I don't know, I guess the fame got to me. It's not all pretty like everyone makes it out to be Frannie. I mean this place is nicer than Hollywood people. It gets hard when people pick at you until you have nothing left. Everything is hard and everything matters. Your hair style, your shoes, the people you hang out with. Everything. And I guess somewhere along the way people just give up, they stop fighting, stop caring, stop trying. I know that I did.” I wipe at a tear on my cheek.
“So instead of coming to me you went to the streets?” I can feel Quinn staring at me but I can't look at her.
“Why would I come to you Frannie? When's the last time we even talked about something real?” I ask her back.
“What do you mean?” Frannie sounds hurt.
“I don't know you anymore Frannie and you don't know me. We haven't for a long time.” I couldn't believe I was the only one who noticed that.
“That's not true.” She sounded unsure.
“Yeah, it is. As soon as I got famous you stop talking to me and I didn't try to make you.” I hate watching Frannie cry. She seemed to together to cry and it made my world seem all the more fragile.
“I should go.” Frannie stood and walked out of the visiting center. I watched her go and like always I didn't try to stop her. This is what our relationship was though.
“Hey!” Sam slide into Frannie's chair.
“Hi.” I said.
“Are you okay?” Sam tipped my head up with his index finger.
“It will be.” I smile at him.
“Can I ask you a question?”
“You just did.” I say smiling.
“Another one.” Sam smiles too.
“Sure.” I wait for him to start.
“Why do sell yourself?” He looks away after a minute and I think about his question.
“I guess because it makes me feel good to know someone's willing to pay for me. Like they think I'm worth having.” I've never told anyone that before but something about Sam makes me trust him. He just nods for a moment.
“I think you're worth having without having you.” He smiles at me and I want to cry.
“Thank you.” I say kissing him on the cheek.
“You're welcome.” Sam breathes out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quinn is fun to write too! :) Let Me Know!!