Home Is Where The Cell Is

Santana-Thank You

“Santana, are you okay? You haven't been yourself since lunch.” Brittany asks me sitting down next to me on the couch in the day room.
“My days isn't that great.” I answer.
“How come?” She puts an arm around me.
“Just with Rachel and now my sister isn't coming today.” I look at Brittany.
“Well Rachel's just Rachel. You can't really blame her the girls dumb and mean. That combo kind of sucks. I know.” Brittany was so nice. It was too bad she a had a drug problem.
“Yeah, I guess.” I say not wanting to just let go of what she said.
“Why isn't your sister coming?” Brittany looks at me and I can feel the tears in my eyes.
“Tori's not aloud to visit anymore. Court ordered.” Brittany closes her eyes understanding how that makes me feel. I mean I'm only in here because of that little girl. She's my world.
“Santana. I'm so sorry.” She squeezes my shoulder.
“Yeah.” I put my head on her shoulder.
“No touching.” The guard in here says.
“Come on Lou. She's having a really bad day and we aren't even kissing.” Brittany tries to reason.
“Fine.” Lou says going back to watching TV.
“It's just so unfair. The judge doesn't think it's appropriate for Tori to see me because I'm violent. Can you believe that? He didn't have a problem giving us back to my step-father though.” I'm sobbing now and I'm not sure if Brittany can even understand me.
“Did you talk to your lawyer?” She asks.
“About what?” It's not like she'll do anything, the woman hates me.
“She might be able to get Tori back here.” Brittany offers.
“She wouldn't do that for me. She doesn't like me.” I remind her.
“Yeah, why is that?” She asks.
“I'm the only case she's ever lost. It's not like I went into the trial pleading innocent. I said I was guilty the entire way through it.” I rolled my eyes.
“That's not a good reason to dislike someone. Can't you change lawyers?” Everything was always so easy for Brittany. She had the money to have that option. She didn't come from The Heights. Even though Brittany sells drugs and takes them she saves a good amount of her profits.
“With what money?” I ask her.
“Oh. Right. I can pay for a new lawyer for you.” Brittany smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back.
“I can't take your money.” I say, wanting to.
“I have enough. We'll get you a good lawyer and Tori will be able to visit again.” Brittany rubs her nose. She's having a little trouble with her with draws lately.
“Thank you.” I kiss her.
“Your welcome.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! :)