Home Is Where The Cell Is

Jesse-Just So We're Clear

“When's Rachel coming back?” I ask one of the guards near the door of the yard. He seems nervous that I'm speaking to him and I like the way his face looks.
“I'm not sure. It depends on what Mick says.” He won't make eye contact with me.
“When will you know?” I shove my hands in my jumpers pockets.
“Sometime next week. When Mick gets back. She's there for at least that long.” I can tell he's really worried about telling me this and he should be.
“I don't like that news.” I tell him and ball my fist in my pocket.
“Jesse, I'm sorry but that's how it is.” His right eye twitches and I sigh.
“She'll be back tomorrow, or else.” I turn and walk away. I walk over to the weight benches and sit on one. No ones here because it's visiting day. I never have visitors. My family doesn't speak to me anymore. Not after Finn. They just don't understand why I did what I did. I mean if they knew they'd have done the same thing. Why can't they be more like Rachel? She gets it, she understands but then again Rachel understands everything about me. It's why we make the best couple. We're like the same person. No emotion attachment to really anyone but each other and she has Puck. But I'm convinced that she'd turn on him if need be. God I love that girl. Just watching her hit Mick with that tray was electrifying. It's always a pleasure to watch her work. It's great because Rachel looks so little and fragile but then BAM! Headbutt to the face and once you're down a hit to the ribs. She's not as weak as she looks.
“Hey Jesse, right?” A kid with blonde hair asks. He looks like he's sixteen.
“What's it to you?” I ask eying him.
“I'm new and met Rachel today.” He smiled at her name. I wrapped a hand around his throat.
“What's that mean? Are you hitting on her?” I watched as his face turn red.
“No.” He squeaked out.
“Jesse, let him go, jackass.” Quinn walked over and smack me in the back of the head.
“He's been talking to Rachel.” I didn't let him go.
“Yeah, but he's been kissing me.” Quinn's words swam in my head for a second then I let him go. He coughed a little bit and rubbed his neck.
“I'm sorry I offended you.” He said looking at me.
“Why were you talking to her?” I ignored this comment.
“I was just introducing myself to the table. Puck got taken out and then she was telling me about Quinn.” The kid looked at Quinn and smiled. It was different than the one he had talking about Rachel. That made me feel better but not much.
“What happened with Puck?” He turned to Quinn.
“Nothing important.” She gave Sam a look telling him not to say anything.
“Who said something to her?” I could feel the anger bubbling inside me.
“Who said what about who?” Quinn played dumb. I stood up and walked over to her. I grab her shoulders, pick her up, and shook her a bit.
“Hey, let her go!” The new kid jumped on my back and wrapped his arms around my neck.
“Sam, don't.” Quinn said as I dropped her to the ground. As soon as I let her go though he let me go. He went to her and bent down making sure she was okay. I pick him up and he looks me in the eye. I'm not really all that use to this. It's almost like he isn't terrified of me.
“Don't ever touch her like that again.” This kid Sam says without fear.
“I do what I want here.” I tell him.
“Not to her.” He stands his ground. I smile a little bit amused by his stupidity.
“You understand I won't have a problem ending you right?” I ask him.
“Yeah, I do.” He answers. I decide this child, because that's really what he is, isn't that bad and can be tolerated.
“Just so we're clear.” I say and walk back inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like Jesse and Rachel together. :)