Home Is Where The Cell Is

Brittany-Withdrawls

Thank God I have Santana. I don't know what I would do without her. These withdraws are bad this time. If she wasn't here to talk me through it I'd hang myself with my jumper or just start something with Rachel. I curl up on the tiny couch and rock back and forth. Santana walks up to me and hands me a glass of water.
“Thanks.” I say but can't drink any.
“Are you in pain?” She asks me in her sweet little voice.
“I just want some so bad.” I say rubbing my head. I'm sweating pretty bad.
“Some what?” She asks quietly. Santana doesn't know about how badly I'm addicted. We've only been dating for two weeks. There was something different about her though.
“Everything.” I say looking at her. I'm expecting her to be shocked but she just nods her head and strokes my face.
“They only thing they'll give me is Motrin and I only get two. Do you want them?” I can't believe she's trying to help me like this. I smile at her.
“Thank you so much Santana but they won't help me.” I try to explain.
“I don't know what to do to help you.” She looks so sad.
“You are helping me, just by being here.” I tell her. She just nods and looks at me.
“You don't have to stay here and watch.” I can tell she's uncomfortable.
“I don't want to leave.” Santana says tapping my arm. I stretch out and she cuddles into me on the couch.
“Guys.” Timmy says.
“Come on Tim.” I say my teeth chattering even though I'm not cold.
“Do you want to go to detox?” He asks me.
“God, no.” I say. Detox was worse than this.
“Why not?” Santana asks me.
“No one helps you there. They just leave you in a room until the drugs are out of your system.” I wrap a shaking arm around her belly and try to think of anything else but what's happening.
“The night I shot Ben, my step-father, I wasn't on my meds. That's why I got this sentence.” Santana's voice sounded odd. Like she was holding back tears.
“I don't think it should have mattered.” I say breathing her in.
“I would have shot him anyway. He was hitting Tori. She's so young. She couldn't defend herself.” Santana took a deep breath.
“I would have too.” I say honestly.
“How'd you get caught up in drugs?” She asks me. I haven't ever told anyone this story but I couldn't lie to Santana.
“My mother sold me to her dealer.” I say.
“Oh, my, God, Brittany, that's horrid.” She turn her body so we were face to face.
“Yeah.” Is all I can say.
“What happened?” Santana cups my face in one of her hands.
“He made me sell for him, I mean what cop is going to suspect an eight year old right? From there I stated using to and everything spiraled out of control.” I close my eyes.
“I'm sorry.” Santana kisses my forehead.
“Don't be. At least I have you now.” I say holding Santana in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3