Status: To Be Continued...

Marvel Her Beauty

Oh Dear, I See A Hurricane In The Rearview Mirror

Maybe, if she closed her eyes it could all disappear, all the imperfections in the world could disintegrate and she'd be left on a flawless planet. A world of peace, of perfection, where no one could point out your dysfunctions because there aren't any. Or perhaps a man of sympathy would shoot her in the head, knowing she didn't have enough courage. Maybe, if she closed her eyes, she'd never have to open them again.

"It's lovely to see you're finally awake." Shaw entered the silver container with a smile on his face, a proud smile on his face. "Have you calmed down yet?" The elder asks gently while placing his wrinkled hands on top of hers. Even though she nodded her head, the truth is she had no idea. In her stomach she felt an ache, it wasn't physical pain but it was painful. The dark aura numbed her body and it was so bad she couldn't even cry, all she wanted to do was have a fit of hysterics - to scream and cry - but the darkness wouldn't allow her.

She sat up and began to rub her wrist awkwardly prepared to be scolded by Shaw, surprising this event didn't happen. Instead she found herself being surrounded by Shaw's arms. "You're not made?" The red-head asked, feeling rather sick that she was working with a man who did not care about his partners. Something she knew that was the complete opposite of Charles.

"Of course not," Sebastian held the girl at arms length and used his left hand to caress her cheek. "You've just proved that you're not as useless as I first thought. I'm so excited to explore what else you can do." Ginger supposed that his words were meant to be of kindness, she also knew that Shaw's definition of 'kindness' was totally different from the original meaning. She remembered the words she had said last night. 'I am alive because I am the ultimate weapon'. How could she admit such a thing? She wasn't a weapon, she was a Mutant, a living breathing species. A weapon is a gun or a knife, not her, but now everyone seemed to see her as a weapon and as the consequence the idea had sunk inside her own mind and manifested itself in to something bigger, a fear perhaps.

She'd been compromised.

"Now get dressed," The guard beside him placed a piece of clothing, the usual white flowing gown. She guessed Shaw had a stylist, there's no way he could have this great of a sense of style.

They finished taking off any restraints so that Ginger was able to move freely, she had waited until everyone had abandoned the room. She had just finished placing the gown over her head when she felt a presence from behind her. "Looks like sleeping beauty finally woke up."

Ginger managed - while jumping - to turn around and come face to face with Wolverine. "I wasn't out for that long." She placed her back on to the table, starting to slide on the slippers she had been handed. Most of the floor was made of wood which caused her feet to freeze when walking around in the cold.

"Ginger, you was out of it for 2 days." He explained, surprised at the fact Shaw had not explained this to her. She didn't flinch at his words. She had suspected that because she had used the power at full maximum, she must have drained all she had. As a consequence she needed to refill her supply and that apparently made her need to sleep for years on end. "Anyway," Wolverine changed the subject, "I got another letter."

He handed the sheet of paper over to her, she was about to open it up and read it's contents when suddenly a door was opened beside them. Without thinking she shoved the dead tree down her underwear. In the doorway stood a very suspicious Shaw, his eyes examining the two Mutants as he pondered on why they were even in the same room. He didn't question Ginger's actions, he believed that she wasn't stupid or selfish enough to risk her friends life on a plan that would probably fail. "Hello Logan. Might I inquire why you're here?" Shaw asked. Trying to keep a calming smile on his lips in hope that by using tolerance these people would be rewarded with an answer.

"He was just asking me to the ball," Ginger spoke up quickly with a suitable answer. "I told him I was going with you, but, I'll be sure to save him a dance." Her own seductive smile drove away any other suspicions the ruler had.

Shaw moved behind her and protectively circled his arm around her waist. Quickening her heartbeat as she realized how close he was to the letter, "and don't you forget." He spoke in a joking manner, but everyone in that room knew just how dead serious he was being. Wolverine made his exit by using a muffled excuse which neither Ginger or Sebastian could decipher. Shaw turned to her with a sympathising smile and began to guide up the stairs and out of the basement, he guided her towards her bedroom. She felt kind of satisfied when she came across the white and gold mixture of luxury. "I's okay you know, you should be happy about your new abilities!" He tried to sway her judgement of the previous murder she had committed. All this did was make her realize just how heartless this corrupt German was, and just how much she hated being here.

"I know, I just need time." She spoke in a gentle manner even though all she wanted to was slam the door in his face and tell him to stick this 'weapon' idea up his buttocks. "Goodnight," Ginger was rushing the conversation in hope to read her letter and return too a relaxed state. Once Shaw finally left the doorway she entered her bedroom and then took out the thin piece of paper.

Dear Ginger,
We all miss you too, even Eric. I know it must be challenging with Shaw but soon enough we'll be together again. We will see you again on Friday and finally rid the world of Shaw's evil presence. Then Raven will make a meal and we'll do some groovy dancing, I promise.
Love from the 'X-Men'


She could only laugh at the humour he had involved by using the 'X-Men' even though at first all the gang seemed to do was deny being called such such a preposterous name. Ginger knew this was written by Charles, only he could possess such a neat and majestic style of handwriting.

After memorising every word she did the safest thing she could and destroyed the piece of paper in a burst of flames. She rested her head on the cotton pillows and let out a smile, a real - happy - smile. Her mind set on that meal and that dance. No doubt Raven would concoct something equally as brilliant as it is delicious. And as for the dancing, Charles will probably pick out something classical. He would place his hand on her waist and the other would grip the red-heads own palm. they sway together and send each other a alluring grin. It would be the closest to perfect any one has ever gone, it was that moment that drove up her fighting spirit and created a whole new batch of hope. Suddenly she felt something heavy way down on her body, frantically she began to push what seemed to be a massive piece of rock off her body. Once she was finally released from the crumbling stone her eyes saw a grey sky, black clouds scouring the land and sending out lightning followed by a monstrous roar that echoed across the rocky terrain. The storm shocked Ginger, at first after the nuclear war all the weather seemed to do was go on a tirade of mass destruction; including fire storms, mudslides, hurricanes and most of all, lightening storms. Though by now they should have stopped and as a consequence Ginger hasn't seen this type of weather in years.

Once she was finally stood up she realized she was located in a familiar alleyway, one she had crossed often with Raven by her side. A smile came to her lips, a smile that couldn't help but be formed when she thought about the building that was just around the corner. Her legs seemed frozen however as she looked around and saw all the crumbled buildings, fire still remaining as an aftermath of whatever chaos was thrown across this city. In a sense of panic she began to run faster then she had ever before, running on pure fear of all her friends doom.

Once her eyes caught sight of the burnt down tower, her heart froze. She raced towards the collapsed structure of what was once her home-sweet-home. Half of the building was now scattered around the building, blocking most of the entrances. She find a hull made out of the pile of rocks that basically made a foot path to the second floor window. She was careful when climbing; knowing there was a chance the ground could collapse and that wouldn't make a great conclusion for her. The red-head jumps through the smashed window and landed in a pond of glass shards that instantly pushed in to her skin. Blood leaked from her palms, she gritted her teeth together to hold in the scream desperate to be released, instead she yelled, "hello?" Hoping that someone like Charles or Raven would come to assist her.

When she realized that no one would come to her rescue she instinctively began to pick out all the accessible pieces of glass, she then ripped off part of her t-shirt and began to wrap it around the inflicted area. The red-head began to climb up the staircase until she finally came to a memorable room.

This was the room where she had sat for hours waiting for Hank to wake up, of course she wasn't there for that exact moment when his Human eyes finally opened. The roof of said room was destroyed and now on the surrounding pavements, some rubble had collected around the room and made it rather painful to walk without any shoes on. The only source of warmth was the few dying flames that were also scattered with the remaining debris. "Ginger?" A rough voice called from a dusty chair, it was turned away from her so she was unable to know who it was.

At first her mind did suggest that the hidden person was in fact Eric, her first clue being the amount of alcoholic beverages that were now settled around the seat. Turns out her suspicions were wrong. A hand curled around the arm of the chair, a shaking body persevering to stand up. "Charles?" She couldn't believe her eyes, but as her green orbs assessed the untamed auburn locks that hid his face she realized it was indeed a drunken Charles. It was all so unreal at first, she knew that this person was Charles. Although it was like he was an empty vessel, it was like everything that made him Charles was missing from inside his body.

"It's all your fault!" He drunkenly yelled, using the hand that was keeping his standing and pointed an accusing finger at her. As a consequence of his swift movement he stumbled and was going to hit the ground if it wasn't for Ginger.

She was completely at a loss, what the hell was he on about? Her mind was stuck on the well being of her dear friend and all her dear friend could do was reject her. "All you do is ruin things, I wish I left you to die on the day we met!" He scolded the girl on a unknowing crime she had onviously been a part of. "They're all dead, because. Of. You." He swayed as once again he rudely pointed a finger in her face.

Aggravated by the demeaning behaviour of Charles she slapped his hand and in an authoritative tone said, "what are you on about?"

To this he let out a malicious laugh, almost doubling over at the accusation she had just made. "As if you don't know!" He raised his arms as if to make his surprise even more apparent. "We all put our belief in you and then we all ended up dead!" Charles continued to let out the most bizarre laugh she had ever heard.

"Who's we?" She interrogated further, he chose this time to finish off another bottle of vodka, letting another one of his laughs erupt through the room. His arm quickly raised, so fast that Ginger thought it was originally meant to hit her. Because she thought this she had thrown herself across the room. The red-head checked her surrounding areas to see she was now being surrounded by a large number of people. She managed to spot Charles among with Raven, Eric, Logan, Hank and even good-old Carlton.

"Me and your Mother cried the day you were born." She jumped up and turned around, almost collapsing in tears at what she saw. A man she knew as her Father was cuddling a ginger haired female that was crying on his shoulders. "We knew you would end up a failure! If it weren't for the nuclear attack we would of killed you ourselves!" The male sneered with haunting words.

"No." Ginger shook her head, trying to make believe their words were lies.

A hand clasped around her petite fingers, she saw that they were Charles' and the look on his face broke another piece of her heart. "Why are you such a failure?" The way he used his words weren't like the other times. He seemed desperate for an answer, like he was the heart-broken one. And it was all her fault.

"I-" She broke down, the pressure too powerful to push off her shoulders. "I don't know..."

This answer wasn't fulfilling enough and in seconds everyone was charging at her with violent disproving stares. Fists were thrown at all parts of her body with no patience, it seemed everyone was trying to get there own bit of revenge on her. Yells and screams of desperation left her mouth as she withered in to pain. Her body sat up and she once again found herself in the real world. She almost denied that thought, the past nightmare had felt so real.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's three stories I've updated tonight, we need to celebrate about this one because this is my first story with a 2-digit-chapter! WOOP WOOP!

So I'm tired, and I have School soon... I hope you like this, updates from now on might be a bit slow. But, I'll still try my hardest!

Check out my other Marvel Fan fictions
Collaboration X-Men First Class: Sororum
The Amazing Spiderman: Comical Love

Both of them have just been updated by the way, busy night is finally over!

~Comment and Subscribe~