Status: To Be Continued...

Marvel Her Beauty

This Is A Country Song To All My Enemies

The three figures enter the camp site, mentally preparing themselves for the battle that will be happening tomorrow. Charles sent the other two a reassuring smile. He didn't need to read their minds to know that this was out of their comfort zone, they were basically surrounded by violent Mutants running on a lust for blood. "Charles!" The burly voice of Wolverine became louder as he came closer, "welcome to the resistance."

Mutants surrounded numerous tents, some were chatting, some were eating dinner and some were making weapons. Charles had to go a sly check to see if they were all really part of the fight against evil, he checked every individuals mind and confirmed his suspicions that everyone was here with a deep hatred for Shaw. One mind seemed very familiar and at first Charles didn't believe it, he locked on to those individual brain waves and began on his trek. Eric and Raven followed swiftly, questioning his motives and receiving no answer.

"S-Sean." Raven was first to speak, surprised to see the ginger Mutant that had been absent from their team for so long.

Banshee looked up with a stunning smile, "oh hey guys, Logan told me you'd be showing up." Sean was acting neutral, but on the inside he was pretty much singing and dancing with glee. He hugged all of them merrily, this event being a good distraction from the horrors they were preparing for.

"So hows it been since we last saw you?" Charles questioned wanting to know what Banshee had been doing all this time. He then began to tell the tale of how he went off to become stronger as a fighter and then he found the resistance... and the love of his life.

"Stop being so soppy, ya' pansy." A Scottish female appeared beside him and looped her arm through Banshee's. "The names Jubilee, pleasure to meet ya!" Her smile lit up the whole field and even caused the gingers own smile to stretch. They all became acquainted, shaking hands and introducing themselves until Logan finally returned with a lit cigar between his lips.

"You guys better get ready, we'll be celebrating tonight." He spoke while letting out a puff of smoke, "will you show them to their room, Jubilee?"

She accepted the proposition and began to guide the group towards their own personal tents. Charles stalled the tour for a second as he wanted to know some valuable information. "Wait Logan, how is Ginger?" He had no shame in asking about the well-being of his dear friend. Raven and Eric had constantly teased the Telepath about his latest muse, all week he had his mind on whether the safety of his chalice was intact.

"You don't know," Logan felt a pang in his heart when he realized that he was uninformed on the new Ginger. He realized the silence was making Charles even more anxious for the answer so Wolverine decided to just rip off the plaster. "She lost control of her power and ended up killing Frost, she was then placed in some kind of refraining dungeon..." the explanation made an aghast sigh escape his mouth, he genuinely didn't know how to feel. A mix of worry and rage fluttered inside his stomach. Seeing the panicked expression on his face, Logan quickly added, "but she's out now and at the moment I suspect she's having a nap."

He was trying to be sympathetic and the Telepath appreciated it. Charles decided it was best to keep to himself and so left to follow Jubilee to his own confided space, then he would be able to think.

They dropped off Eric first and then Raven, the tents really weren't anything special. They were basically just tall enough to fit in a bed and a desk, they looked like medieval sort of tents. The telekinetic male felt sort of relieved when he was left alone in the tent or at least he thought he was. "So who's the girl?" Jubilee acquired.

"What?" Charles turned around to see the black haired dame behind him with a curious look. He wanted to gush, tell this stranger everything he loved about Ginger and also everything that made him hate her, and just love her more. "She's just a girl." he decided on those words with the knowledge that so far everyone has bullied him for harnessing such feelings.

She walked further in to the room and placed herself on the bed, "that's not what it looks like." She was pushing for information; curiosity manipulating her judgement. "It looks like you for this wee chick, but ya' rather unsure"

Charles was surprised at the Mutant, it was unusual for him to talk about his feelings. Usually the only thing he talked about with Eric or Raven was the Earth's well-being. "Ginger is just a girl," he was so close to admitting, but decided for the truth to remain silent until he was positive.

"Is that all you care about?" Once again she received no reply. "All right I get it. But, just so you know, Banshe- sorry Sean. He meant nothing to me at first, then he came up to me after we just finished this battle and pulled out a cheesy line. Something like 'crazy huh? You like fighting, I like fighting too. Maybe we should get a bite some time and talk about it?' From then on he was the crazy weird person who I unwillingly fell in love with..."

The Telepath did feel kind of bad for ignoring her questions about his own heart after hearing about her past affairs. But, in fairness even he didn't know how he felt about the certain red-head. He knew he certainly enjoyed her company and he knew what sort of future he wanted for the both of them. After this extravaganza he wanted to look after her and shower her in riches, make her forget about the times when she had to beg for what she wanted. Instead he'd let her be a queen for a day, a single night without the haunting ghosts in the walls, instead that night would be her and him. Jubilee told him to think about it and he did and now he doesn't want to feel a thing any more. He'd been through this faze of emotions before and had to harshly learn that the ting he loved would surly bring him pain. Her name was Moira McTaggert, the one flaw in their relationship was that she was Human and as a conclusion she did not survive the nuclear attack.

The celebration was approximately 45 minutes away, apparently they would be having a last evening of life seen as tomorrow they go to the final battle which decides the rulers. Every member of the resisters shall serenade the good in their life and live it up in one final night of joy. Logan had informed the X-Men and they decided they would join in on the fun. Charles thought they all deserved at least on night in the light. But to fully enjoy this moment, the Telepath needed reassurance from a certain partner-in-crime. He tried his best to locate their bunk, his memory skills not being what they used to be and the fact that when they were shown where the accommodations were located, Charles was in a completely different world. He took his time until he finally came across a recognisable red tent.

"Eric," he called and awaited for him to appear.

"Ah Charles, I've been expecting you." And that statement was very true, the two-men know that this conversation was destined to happen. Eric had basically awaited this conversation in a agonizing slow speed.

"Hello, why do I have a feeling you already know what I want to talk about?" The Telepath placed himself leaning against the desk placed in the tent.

"Because you're that predictable Charles." The metal bender responded and took place on his bed. "And the answer will always be yes." He gave a simple answer and hoped that would be enough to finish this.

Charles had already second guessed the answer, but that didn't mean there was no hope of changing Eric's mind, "killing Shaw will not bring you peace."

Eric wanted to burst out laughing at Charles' quote. "Peace," he began, "was never an option." This was true and if people opened there eyes they would realize that such a meaningful serenity is basically impossible to achieve. There will always be a lurking darkness just waiting to pounce and force any light to succumb. Many people admit to embracing the darkness - Shaw being one of them - and all of those truly know fear. Those who stand in light are the ones awaiting to be swallowed and destroyed. Eric thought of himself as a person in between, he fought for Mutants rights to be viewed as the higher class so they would be treated first class by the Humans. He also stood in the darkness, he knew true pain, the torturous depths that the darkness would g. He had been theoretically murdered by a slave of darkness and the only way to get as close to peace as possible, is to return such horror.

"But, Eric, we have it in us to be the better men." Charles supplied, still trying to change his pals mind. The Telepath was worried about what would follow their friendship if Eric went through with his malicious plan. Did he really have it in I'm to condone murder?

This was just another thing Eric wanted to laugh at, "we already are the better men." Eric was meant to continue with his speech on how murdering Shaw was the right thing to do and a side of Charles that wanted to see Shaw dead. There always is a malicious side to anyone, some just keep it under control better then others. There will always be a side to someone, a part of them that just wants to watch the world burn.

Raven entered just in time to disrupt whatever would have ensued. "You guys ready to go?" Her own excitement seemed to make her oblivious to the obvious tension that surrounded the room. The two men nodded while giving each other a look that said this conversation was over. Charles hoped Eric would change his mind and even though that happening was a very small chance - it was still a chance.

Once they left the tent and moved to the big field where the celebration would be taking place. The previous conversation had evaporated from their heads, instead they concentrated on the miraculous setting the resistance had made with only a few scraps. The field was over run with tables stocked up with all kinds of foods and then a mini bar had been placed where you can order any drink - a paradise for an alcoholic. A band had begun playing a cheery tune that would get everyone dancing, but seen as it was early, many people were more in to getting drunk and stuffing their stomachs. This was their final night, why not do every sin possible?

In the middle was a camp fire surrounded by logs, the fire wouldn't be much use considering it was seconds away from another storm. Jubilee and Banshee were handing everyone a drink, as far as the guys knew they were just to drink. That thought soon changed when Logan stood in front of the fire with a scotch in his hand.

"So as you guys know I'm not one to make a speech," he began light-hearted, "but tomorrow we all might die, so I think it's time I did something different. There are many things we could toast too tonight: Our lives, our legacy, our good looks and charms. Instead I feel like we should toast to the person who is making this come true, right now there is a fragile broken girl who has seen the worst of this world. And I look up to that fucking woman, she has been pushed to the end and further, yet she still fights for the race that betrayed her and almost killed her for many years. So I toast to her, the girl with plenty of hope, the girl with many talents, the girl with so much love. To Ginger!" He raised his glass in the air; his movement being copied by everyone, even Eric.

Wolverines last words were screamed around the field. Charles just wished Ginger could see this, he always sensed that the talented female thought she was doing more wrong then good and he knew that this had a strain on her ability. Perhaps if she was this and finally relaxed, then maybe she could unlock a whole new side; if he had more time with her then he could have possible discovered what powers lie under her skin. Alas, there time together was short and as a consequence those secrets shall stay hidden until further notice.

Charles didn't notice when a hand suddenly pulled him away and in to the opening of the field, a blue creature stood in front of him while elegantly swaying and forcing Charles to sway. "Raven?" He questioned while sensing the troubled aura.

"I just wanted you to know," her voice was rather quiet and could hardly be heard over the background noise. "You'll always be my best friends, no matter how difficult you are." Her voice made it seem like she was joking, but she was very serious. The Telepath had given her so much, even though he frequently aggravated her, he was her saviour.

"You make it sound like this is the last time we'll talk together." He carried on with the joking form of chatter.

This had become a sort of shield for them both, the joking around momentarily distracts from the fact that the chances of ever achieving a gleeful possession is very small. "We might not." They both sighed and ended the conversation; continuing to prance around and drink away all their troubles. "Do you mind?" Raven interrupted the silence and nodded over his shoulder. He turned around and saw that Eric was waiting for his turn to dance with Raven, understanding this, he moved to the side and allowed the two to reunite.

For many years the resistance was stuck at the bottom, now with the celebration they all got that one night they deserved. Charles scanned the scene in front of him with a satisfied smile on his face.

Banshee and Jubilee were doing a tremendous job of terrible dancing, the song not matching their disco-like dance moves. Either way, the love in their eyes could warm any heart. Logan was already drunk and as a consequence was wildly jumping around and stumbling everywhere, yelling a number of mumbled profanities. Truly enjoying himself with no worry of his life.

This was their night to make the people on top, wish they were at the bottom.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm back to School and no, I didn't have Deftone skateboarding around and singing. Tragically. I guess all my updates will be on Friday's now, which isn't that bad.

OHMYGOD ONLY 5 MORE CHAPTERS AND THEN I GET TO START THE NEXT ONE! WOOP WOOP!

Check out my others which I am about to update as well:
X-Men First Class Collaboration - Sororum
The Amazing Spiderman - Comical Love

~Comment and Subscribe