Status: To Be Continued...

Marvel Her Beauty

A Difference Between Rumours and Gossip

A flash of sun was released into the room when a current of wind pushed the black cloth aside, allowing more wind to attack the room and send a chill to rush over Gingers lying body. She groaned at the awakening, her dreams of a beautiful world becoming unrealistic as she stared at the cloudless sky. With an intake of breath she pushed her sore, dirty body off the stone ground.

Still slightly tired as she walked uneven steps, tripping over her own feet while attempting to pass each crumbling wall and hike up the fatal staircase.

"Erik, just listen," Charles sighed at the man who towered over him "that girl has an amazing ability, an ability we need if we ever want to defeat Shaw." He tried to reason with the corrupted German, this certainly got Erik's attention.

Shaw was an old enemy and yet in some ways a companion, Shaw was the one to unlock Eric's ability, and secretly Eric was more than grateful. But, Shaw made the mistake of killing the young soldiers parental figure, he killed Eric's mother and for doing such a spiteful thing, Eric was desperate to intake the salty taste of revenge.

"I understand what she is capable of and what the conclusion to your plan could be," his voice boomed slightly, which managed to bring the attention of the brightly coloured girl, her figure sneakily passed against the metal seal that separated both rooms. "However I don't think her limits will allow her to change a whole planet human." He argued, forcing his point across. Charles being Charles would not allow his faith to be harmed though, or at least he tried hiding the fact- even from himself- that Shaw had already won and there was nothing to stop him.

Ginger listened intently as they continuously argued, 2 old friends arguing over the fate of the world, for some reason, she found this idea hilarious. She, herself was unsure about the rise of the Human Race, all she wanted was peace, for the Mutants to become civilised in ways, for the fighting to end and order to begin. Did they really need the return of Humans for a dream, tranquillity, to become true? Surely as the Human Race once again became the enemy, the outcasts.

"You can go in there you know?" Raven started at the messy girl, only then did Ginger realise the metal door had been opened, though the two men were still consulting each other on the red head's limits, she rolled off the wall and into the room while halting there conversation.

She planned the following sentence in her head, trying to keep both Men's hope of winning this war, "this is a great plan and could be possible, but, Eric is right about my limits. It takes enough out of me to change one Mutant Human, let alone a whole planet of Mutants." She saw the glum face appear on Charles face and felt her heart break.

"Yes, I suppose your right." He smoothed the crinkles on his shirt and left to reside in his chambers.

Guilt swept over the girl's body, a regretful flavour filled her mouth. She used her little knowledge of the building to find Charles room, so far she had entered a bathroom and some sort of investigation room, and she gave little notice to the dotted marks on a map of the World, the large collection of images of Mutants, including the newly added picture of her. A couple more minutes and she came across a luxurious looking room, it had wooden walls with a large bed in the middle, only 2 candles lit up the room, in the dim light everything looked Victorian.

"Charles?" Ginger called, jumping when she was the figure that loomed on the edge of the bed, head in his hands.

"Yes, Ginger." He spoke in a calm voice. His British accent hitting Ginger, why had she only just realised the familiar wavering in the man's voice.

Walking to his side she took a seat beside him, her body sinking into the soft mattress, "you never let me finish my sentence's" His hand snapped to the girl's, only then did she notice the closeness of their bodies. "I do like your plan and if we could find some way to boost my ability, then we could make it possible." Her tone was filled with positivity, managing to form a blast of hope to curse Charles body. Although, inside she had a strong feeling of doubt, she hid it well, the disguise she had built over the years becoming more and more helpful with each day.

They sat in silence, there arms touching and radiating a warmth between the two bodies. While Gingers thoughts were centred about the consequences of her lying. Suddenly Charles stood up, once again trying to make the torn clothes look as close to sophisticated as possible. He look the girl's hand and dragged her down to the kitchen where both Erik and Raven were seated, halting there conversation at the two figures entering.

"We figured it out!" Charles declared the news as if it was Christmas morning for Ten-Year-Old. "All we need is to use Cerebro to build up her power." He started the plan with as much glee as before, his hand waving around madly.

Eric looked to Raven, hoping she would be the first to state the obvious and destroy Charles' dream of a better future. When he saw no sign of her bring up the one problem that stood in the way of their dedication he finally voiced "The only person who knows how to build Cerebro is Hank, Charles." A cold look crossed his face, hiding the fact that the disappearance of his partner did affect the metal manipulator, "and if you haven't noticed yet. No one knows his whereabouts."

Silence passed through the room all over again, making Ginger feel useless, it was her turn to plan a path to victory, a new collection of plans formed in her brain.

Plan A- Ask people if they know of the Beast's location.
Plan B- Become one of Shaw's soldiers and forget about the X-Men
Plan C- Check up on Carlton a famous Mutant Bounty Hunter

Carlton was nothing short of arrogant and no matter how much she wanted to help her no companions, his personality disgusted her. She sighed and mentally locked her mouth shut; her eyes looked at the different faces, all head's bowed with the eye's sending daggers at the ground.

Suddenly the brown-haired Englishmen looked upward eyes staring straight at what Charles had done and using no control she yelled "Don't read my mind!"

"I-I'm sorry..." He didn't stop however, his eyes continuously examining her features. "I understand how you feel," He began to reason, but, she was still angry. This was the first time her walls of privacy had been climbed, and she did not like it one bit. She returned to the room, the window still casting a heated ray of light on the concrete wall, she let out a grunt as she began to kick and punch the covered wall, releasing much frustration as she could.

Her body was pulled away and was slammed across the room, Eric had appeared with his right arm raised, and it still hovered over his body as he walked into the middle of the room. "You upset Charles." Eric spoke; getting straight to the point of his rude entry.

"He upset me" She counted; she knew it wouldn't change his view of the situation. Would you trust a complete stranger enough to take their side over your friends?

"Well get over it." His grip around the metal belt which crushed her stomach against the cracking wall, "now tell us the whereabouts of that Chris guy."

"His name is Carlton." She spat in reply, only causing Eric's resolve to go from calmly requesting answers, to squeezing out the needed information.

She began to squirm, a pain forming from where her belt was placed. She used her to attempt and pry off the metal, another fail. With no choice but to agree with her survival instinct, she screamed out the Bounty Hunters placing. She was then flung to the floor like worthless trash.

"Why do you care so much about Charles? Something you’re not telling me?" She inquired in a teasing way; it was only to erase the memory of her embarrassment.

"I owe him." Was his serious and simple reply/ She sensed something in the sentence however, the way his posture was and the volume of his voice added to her suspicions that Eric did not mean it in the sense that Charles had done Eric a favour in the past, it sounded as though Eric was to do wrong by Charles, in the future.

Once she had regained breath, she straightened her back and began to walk through the building. She ended up by the entrance of the righteous soldier’s home, joining the group just before they set off. Knowing the wall she was now least favourite out of the pack.

The silence continued as they walked through the town, bodies were squished together in the tight space, the loud cold of people trying to sell their useless junk. Seemingly distracting the small gang from their slightly awkward tension.

Raven began to inconspicuously searching through the range of items, knowing she would return later and perhaps purchase those that give her highest interest.

"This way." Ginger called, noticing the distracted warriors continue down the blocked path, they were about to turn another corner when the Red-Head stopped all from walking, she had taught her instincts to become alarmed every time she neared these Atoms, pure evil circulated her heart and vile rose in her throat. She looked at them all, not trusting her voice to crack and reveal just how terrified she really was, she needed to keep up the 'courageous hero' or else she would have failed herself. She locked eyes with Charles hoping he would read her mind so she wouldn't hate to say The Devil's name. Charles gave her a swift nod before looking at the two other partners that gave a nod to Charles, Ginger realising he must have sent a telepathic message using his psychic powers.

She gave the group a hand signal to tell them to follow her, she had all alarms set and based around, the devils atoms. They entered the building, all eyes roaming around the surprisingly luxurious setting, they were surrounded by gold, and polished wood reflected the shiny background. "This guy is sure liking the life." Eric snarled, jealousy was the kind of life he should be living.

"Shut up," Ginger whispered she heard voices coming from a room; the door had 'Carlton's Office'. She stopped, everyone following her movements. The knob on the door began to turn, causing panic within the group.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this was late, I attempted to put it on last week but then my internet crashed, which gave me time to write more, so it was secretly a good thing.

~Please Comment and Subrscribe~