Status: To Be Continued...

Marvel Her Beauty

No Sleep Until The Earthquake Ends

The door opened, revealing 2 figures, while one was taller both still dressed as if they were kings. Perfectly tailored suits out-lined their bodies, the sleeves ended to reveal both of the bulky fore-arms, as the two men shook hands they both tightened their knuckles in a secret way of testing each other's physical strength.

"If I see, sense or hear anything about her, I will call you immediately!" The shorter dark haired Mutant Hunter lied, he made this obvious however, Shaw was too busy to threaten the younger offspring, and the Elder looked towards his watch and dashed out of the room with a final glare towards the Lord of Arrogance. The Bounty Hunter watched carefully as Shaw moved further and further away, keeping track of his aura, once he thought that The King was at a safe distance he finally called out to the four Mutants hidden around his room "you may reveal yourself now."

The black haired warrior watched as the four figures came out of there hiding spots, of course the Bounty Hunter had already gotten over the surprise of having 4 strangers enter his own personal hideout, as soon as he realised that one of the mutants was his red-headed pal he felt at ease and his mood instantly turned from cautious to mischievous, while Ginger became even more aware, knowing full well how Carlton was going to act.

"What a lovely-" Carlton was stopped when a petite hand was pressed against his chest.

"Don't." Was the short hello that Ginger gave before she entered his office?

"Here for Business again?" The Bounty Hunter asked melancholy, his shoulders lifting to emphasize how he isn't a fan of her ways, he knew why she did avoid any joyful conversations, anything playful would show another side to her, a side that needed to be hidden to protect herself because in times like these only stupid Mutants would relax.

"So what are you here for exactly?" Carlton questioned with a smug look on his face after handing the young orphan a drink, Shaw had just won the War against Humans, now only Mutants walked the Earth. The first few months were mayhem, cities were in ruins, and there was so little food and water. If you weren't killed by a fellow mutant, you would have starved to death, only the strongest mutants were able to make it through.

Ginger had learned to use her ability to create food, it wasn't a fine delicacy or even edible really - but it supplied stamina and running became a must in her lifestyle, soon enough it became a mix of common knowledge and instinct to punch and kick any life as everything was dangerous.

Carlton just bargained his way through life, promising his service in locating any mutant, all he needed was a name or an image, with this information it became so easy tracking the creature that it was simpler then tracking down a screaming giant in an elevator, this also managed to get him on the good side of Shaw, making him basically untouchable.

"You have a radio." She answered simply before taking a sip of the strong alcoholic drink; the Hunter gave a quick nod, understanding now that the reason for her presence was for Shaw's big speech that is said to begin tonight.

"You excited for it?" Carlton interrogated, attempting to get the small girl to talk, he couldn't stand silence, even when he was alone he would talk to himself in order to defeat the quiet surroundings.

"I'm excited for the moment someone drives a stake through the Vampire's heart." Ginger spat, her eyes glaring into the distance as she thought of how the King of this disgusting world had sucked away the beauty to fill his needs, as a Vampire would attempt to on a Human Being.

Carlton stared with anticipation when he realized he had hit a nerve inside what he thought was a well-mannered young girl, but the sentence said before had proven him wrong, she was definitely self-righteous but she was underestimating the strength of her enemy. "You’re a hater?" He could do nothing to hide the smile appear on his face, the young girl turned towards him and sent a raised eye-brow towards the Cheshire-cat grin that adorned the man's face. "Sorry, but, your personality really does not suite your appearance." To add to his apology he handed her another glass of fluids.

"With a mixture of confusing sounds the Radio began to play, it started with America's national Anthem, then Britain’s and a few others unrecognisable due to each being in a different language. “Good evening my Fellow Mutants, I am your saviours and Ruler, I am your new King." A fuzzy voice echoed through the room. Carlton and Ginger were repeatedly topping up on their drinks as Shaw went on about rules and what the future held.

It came to a point when both Mutants were sat, yelling at the radio for lying, swearing and screaming while being merry. They had arms around each other as they both sang a new Anthem called: Shaw's Anthem

I am your bloody King
Bend down and kiss my Ring
Even though my feet smell of Cheese
They'll make you cough and sneeze

I sharen't get a wife
Hopefully I'll be stabbed by a knife
I'm lonely forever
A great person for Never

It was a work in progress, but both find the lyrics to be hilarious in there drunken state. They both did a content sigh as they lay on the carpeted floor together. "And on my final note, a last rule for All mutants to obey," the King took in a breath that was audible on the radio "if you go against me and feel the need to resist my wishes, then you are techniqually against your own king, which is punishable by death." With that threat the Radio cut of, the whole world sat in silence, there fate was made clear and now they had to make a decision. Bow down of fight back.

"Fuck you butthead" The red-head giggled.


The Bounty Hunter smiled slightly at the memory, that was the last time he and Ginger got a long, he never joined the resistance or defied Shaw because he had no reason to want to die, Ginger saw this as selfish so they grew apart, even though sometimes Ginger did get thoughts of leaving Shaw to destroy this world, she would always tell herself what told Carlton "The world will end if we sit back and allow it" and Ginger was never one for watching.

"We need to find a man named Hank McCoy, also known as The Beast?" She continued to avoid eye contact and search through the collection of folders.

"The Beast?!" Carlton snorted "I don't even need to use my powers to find that Ape, he's down on Sunset Boulevard, wrestling for money nowadays. I tried once but as soon as he got me in a He-"

"Interesting story." She exited the office, she had gotten the information she needed and felt no need to carry on a conversation, and she carried on walking down the busy streets, hoping the rest of the gang was following behind her. She had been to Sunset Boulevard only once, but that day hadn't disappeared from her memory, making it easy to find her way back to the Ember like streets.

It was actually a beautiful street, especially when the sun is setting. The roads are made of some new mineral which was formed throughout the settling of the Nuclear blast, it is a deep red when lightened by the orange sun and rainbow like sky, the crystal ground turns into a mix of purple and yellow, through the day it's like walking on fire and through night it's like walking on the star covered lunar sky. The residence however weren't as beautiful, on the outside and the inside. It was pure anger and vile thoughts, the ugly minds mirrored onto their bodies.

Ginger finally stopped at the entrance; a giant stone wall towered over the buildings next door and across the small pavement, and a door with a rectangular hole cut through was placed in the middle. "Ginger!" a voice called from inside the crowd, she turned to see the group running after her, all with tired, fed-up expressions. Once they were all by her side she turned back to the door and tapped her fist on the castle-themed doors, the sound was loud and echoed slightly but wasn't overheard in the crowd of shoppers that passed without giving a second glance to the stone wall.

"What?!" A voice snapped, disgusting yellow eyes outlined by black appeared in the small rectangular cut out on the door. Ginger stepped back in fright, overwhelmed by the strong aggressiveness she was forced to face from the monster.

Charles took a step forward, noticing the Red-Heads apprehensiveness, "We need to find a man named The Beast." He spoke in a kind and slow voice, Ginger looked towards Charles for a second finally realising that he still hadn't accepted it; Man was a word said by not many these days, it was normal to ask for "A Mutant named...", was that why Charles seemed so hopeful, because he had yet to comes to terms with the fact that they were now extinct? The creature behind the door snorted and began to laugh; the group looked at each other with confused expressions being mirrored. The laughing face disappeared before there was a loud sound that did manage to bring attention from passers.

As soon as they entered the door was slammed shut, blocking any other outsiders from entering the 'Dark Side Territory'. The group of four took in their surroundings, faces only showing pure shock, it was almost like a fairy-tale setting, wooden houses with straw roofs outlined the crystal path, none of them could convince themselves that a few seconds ago they were walking down a graveyard of what was once a potential city of memories and institutional value. "Good luck," the Gate Keeper taunted, Eric was annoyed and as such used his powers to shut the door in the vile Bullies face, a giggle erupted within the gang and all eyes went to a scaly blue creature who was repeating the Malicious Mutants action and erupt with laughter.

"Raven!" Charles protested to the shape-shifters childish ways, in the mean time making Ginger jump at the sudden change in his personality, "Get back into cover form, now!" It was then the group knew, Erik instantly caught on to Charles' behaviour, he knew there was something that his Partner was hiding, something dangerous that could ruin their aim to achieve Hank's return.

Once again Ginger emotionally switched to optimistic, she looked at each Mutant, seeing how cautious they was seemed to be a metaphorical punch to the Child hidden inside, she had grown up hearing legends of these Freedom Fighters, how they fought for justice with bravery in their hearts and regrets in the trash can. She could literally feel the Lil' Ginger inside of her begin to shed tears, surely a couple of Mutants with bad reputations couldn't scare off Soldiers such as themselves?

"Let's go then, I have a pretty good idea where be- Hank is!" Her voice had become cheerful, the mood swing managing to refill the others with another level of Shock but also appreciation, secretly they all needed one spec of happiness, and the hilarity of the weird mood swing girl was enough humour to cause a small smile to hide under the seriousness. Ginger began to walk down the yellow brick road to find her wizard so she can return home, to her Human home.

Her eyes were stuck to the pavement as she looked at the mirrored image of herself, her skin looked ebony and her hair was more maroon then its natural blood red, caused by the shade of the pavement. Her figure was too thing and her torn jacket now reached her abdomen instead of its place beside her anus and her once skinny jeans seemed to be becoming slightly baggy. She wasn't pleased with what she saw, in her eyes the Mutant reflected seemed to represent a weak girl in need of help, all she saw was a brittle-boned child, but she knew different of course and that idea that she was so much more just fuelled the new persistence to complete this mission.

Finally she looked up, turning a few corners, the streets becoming more grimy as they moved further into the city, the place seemed to change from being a fairy-tale into a nightmare, blood seemed to be graffiti on the walls, loud cheering filled their ears, they passed more streets, concentrating on the image of the big-foot scientist they once knew. The genius they grew to love, Raven seemed most hopeful out of all of them. More corners, more blood, louder screams.

A small ring appeared in sight, it was made of littered items: Wood, Iron, rubber etc.; it was set up in the middle of a wide opening, Charles suspected they were in the Town Square, this probably being the pinnacle of entertainment for the rough residents. Lights brought all concentration to the stage and almost blinded the newcomers; they had to take some time for their eyes to adapt. A roar filled the room, quieting the crowd just for a second. All attention was token from the besmirched surroundings and brought towards the blue Monstrosity that gave out another roar louder than before, allowing people to feel the full lever of this mutant’s power.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love to learn your opinions and am quite upset that I only have one comment, although I can't express the happiness I felt when I learnt I had a subscriber, I want you to know I am devoted to this series and have planned on writing atleast 7 more and I'm in the middle of planning more, so if you are a fan of Marvel then please stick around.

~Please Comment and Subscribe~