Status: To Be Continued...

Marvel Her Beauty

Become So Numb I Don't Care If I Bleed It Out

Weeks had passed and through a rush of adrenaline and hope, the gang had put together their abilities and created an impeccable machine. Although one Mutant still needed to take part and contribute using her gift. "Ginger!" Hank called from the basement, Eric had just finished connecting two pieces of metal which would now constitute as the helmet. Raven had gone to get wires from the market and Charles was able to connect the wires while Hank had programmed the computer.

"Yeah McCoy?" The red-head pranced into the room with a smile on her face. Ever since Hank arrived, the two had become very close friends. Hank was normal now, yet technically he was wrong. Once again. Back when the Humans ruled the world and Mutants were the freaks, he was put into the latter group. Even now, when Mutants finally took over he was placed in that group!

The one connection that Hank and Ginger shared was that they were both being hunted, to be killed. And somehow the two managed to form a friendship because of this fact. I twas unusual for Ginger at first, she had always treated herself as a monster and as a consequence had avoided any sort of human contact. Charles was step one of her breaking the concrete block-aid she had built around herself. Hank was the second step to building a door for people -who she would give a key- to enter.

"It's finally your time to shine." He did a short nervous laugh at his own comical quote. "I need an energy source to power up all this machinery." A look of horror appeared on her face, sure she had been practising her power with Charles. But she lacked confidence in her ability and was constantly unable to use it. This didn't pass by Hank unnoticed, he stood up and held her elbows in a comforting way. "Don't worry it's just electrical! You said you were able to do that right?"

She nodded her head, in truth she was still unsure about her powers. She soon realized that what Charles had said was all true, her power only worked when she was in danger. When you are hit with a sudden pain, instinctively you would flinch. For Ginger, when she was put in danger, it would be then that her power would appear and on instinct she would use it to save her. Although perhaps if she pushed herself enough and brought out her instinct to help others, maybe then the ability would be able to make an appearance.

Hank guided her towards a larger rectangular machine, he had kindly added two glove-like components so Ginger could use these to store the energy source within the generator. They felt uncomfortable around her tiny hands, the scratchy fabric causing her skin to become itchy. A torturous feeling filling her gut at the realization that she was unable to stop the tickling while supplying the energy. "Start when you want," the Human pushed in a comforting way.

Ginger kept taking in deep breaths, starting to feel a pressure weigh down on her shoulders. It began with the pins being stabbed in to her palm as she transferred the electrical energy. "10 percent" Hank called from his post. Deciding she needed to push herself in order to achieve the best reaction Ginger began to pulse more electrical currents in to the machine. The pain in her hands began to spread, by the time it reached her shoulders they had reached only 25 percent and as a consequence the red-head thought it would be a good idea to send a blast of energy through her body in to the generator. This was probably the worst idea she had, the initial shock of pain was the reason she had fallen to her knees and let out a loud scream. Her hands still remained in the gloves, the pain was now stabbing all over her body only instead of pins, it was more like swords. Her gritted teeth were crushed together as she carried on sending the shock waves.

"Ginger, stop!" Charles' voice called as his arms wrapped around her thin body, attempting to pull her away. "God dammit stop!" He ordered.

It was no use though because as soon as she heard Hank announce they were at 77 percent she was decided. She just couldn't face failing the group, through the process of building this machine she was pretty much useless. Unable to go outside and too stupid to help with the technical stuff, this was her moment. "I can do this."

This soon became a war between two stubborn minds, the more dominant in favour of winning. And that theory soon became a fact as Charles managed to pull her away from the machine. Rage boiled in her veins as she began to thrash around, feeling hatred form towards the Telepathic male. "I could of done it," she yelled with her head high and red eyes. Without thinking about her actions; the girls arms violently contacted Charles chest. The movement did no damage towards Charles' body, although because of the impact he did take a step back.

Charles' eyes widened in surprise, unable to comprehend why she was acting in such a savage way. He summarised different options and decided that reading her mind to figure out her confusing emotions, he only found disappointment that was settled her heart and it had been in residence for quite some time. "Ginger, calm your mind." he moved closer and wrapped his arms around her body in hope of bringing her a sense of alleviation.

She did not object to the order as she realized she must be put in a place of tranquillity before she did something stupid. That thought did not manage to end the heightened anger she was in, arms bashing against Xaviers chest until she eventually gave up. Tears fell from the shimmering green orbs that were attached to her pale face, it only occurred to her then that there was no use fighting Shaw, Sebastian had already won. First he had ended the visible beauty of Mother Earth and now he had consumed all hope. Ginger thought she could handle this, she entered the war believing she had a renewable supply of the lightening emotion, but now it seems she had run out. The red-head could no longer suffice with being held by the Man she had endlessly tried to impress.

She climbed up the staircase and made her way towards the bedroom that the C-men had so kindly given her, all Ginger wanted at that moment was a lock on her door so she could loathe her existence alone. She also wished that Sebastian didn't existed, that she wasn't the only one with this -world saving- ability. And if the Gods were unable to grant her any of those, her desire for loneliness was certainly as impossible.

She expected either Hank or Charles too appear at her doorway. Raven was of female gender so she was expected too understand the vacancy of a friend by her side was need so a victim of trauma was able to think. And Eric hated her, she presumed.

"Get up." Ordered the German, his presence unpredicted by the red-head. The man who despised her ended up being the first to console her. He moved further in to the room and stood tall with his chin raised to show that at that precise moment, he was in charge. "We're going to visit Shaw."

To this statement she jumped up with her hair raised and goosebumps appearing, "excuse me?"

"What are you deaf?" He questioned rhetorically, "Shaw is the only person with a generator. If you haven't noticed we kind of need one."

She showed her defiance by crossing both arm and grimly replying with, "if you haven't noticed, I ain't a suicidal adventure whore!"

They were both fuelled by solid hatred and being near each other was not a way to calm their ferocity. "Now you listen her little girl, this is no time for you to have a paddy or give up! Charles, Hank, Raven. You're not a friend to them, you are so much more to those people." His voice lowered slightly. "To them you are hope, you're the only thing stopping them from kneeling down to that vile man. Can't handle it, too bad because you are going to have too." He dragged the unwilling female down to the doorstep. "You let us down and that is everything the resistance has done, down the drain." She couldn't reply.

Ginger felt like a cat had literally ripped out her tongue and stopped her from communicating. With nothing to comeback with she just followed Eric on their travels to catch up with Charles and Hank. The plan had been quickly mapped out to the group, they would go to Shaw's mansion and be guided around by an undercover resistance agent. They split up, find the generator and run. No one said it was full proof, but this was a rushed operation that needed to be completed.

They arrived behind the large building, everyone grateful that the Mutants who survived had no time to guard Shaw. A male Mutant dressed a vile auburn rag let them inside the large building, once the group entered they found themselves inside a smoky kitchen that was filled with numerous scents.

"Now, Eric ad I will look around the left while you and Ginger check the right, got it?" Charles instantly took charge, everyone accepted the order without question. They need to be as stealthy and as quick as they could in hopes that Shaw would not make an appearance. He owned 7 other Mansions around the globe, so it would mean the gang were very unlucky if he was at this building.

Hank and Ginger were the luckiest of the two pairs, they had found a large room which looked the most promising to inhabit a generator. Many different types of machinery lingered on the walls, some large and others small. "You hear that clinking sound?>" Hank whispered, even though his eyes were still marvelling the collection Shaw had acquired.

"Uh huh." Ginger would have nodded, but then she noticed that the Humans attention was infected by the surrounding contraptions.

"Look for the source of the ticking noise and I'm positive it will be there." He manoeuvred himself around the machinery, still secretly wishing to mess around with all the buttons. Ginger was taking interest in the noise, when she looked around, all she saw was a useless complicated stack of junk.

She rounded a corner and found a moving item and suspected this was the wanted generator. It was smaller then she had anticipated, although this concluded for an easier escape. "McCoy." She called, hoping no one was actually snooping around the room in order to protect what she presumed was important technology, why else would Shaw keep them?

Hank made his rushed appearance and grinned when he found the only working piece of metal in this room. He was about to phrase a congratulations too Ginger when he heard the door open. It sounded like the person intended on making a slow entry but was betrayed by the squealing door, the footsteps were also difficult to hear. The Mutant and The Human were lucky that the floor was made of marble because it caused a tap every time someone gently placed down their foot.

Hank quickly began to remove a cylinder shaped part, a yellow glow was being emitted from inside and as soon as he took out the piece that yellow glow was the only thing lighting up the darkened room. He held up the piece of glass to light up their surrounding. "I forgot that if you take this out the power will turn of-" His sentence was cut short as a bullet was put through his neck.

"Oh my God." She couldn't move at first, her green orbs fixated on the blood that now dripped on to the glowing contraption. "H--Hank?" A lump grew in her throat when she received no reply, anxiety forced its way through her body as she realized she was stuck in the darkness being hunted by a trained gunman.

"Well hello, it's great to finally meet you, Ginger."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I saw The Bourne Legacy and it pushed me to finish planning the fifth and final book of my Marvel collection. That's right, this isn't just going to be one book. Ginger will face adventures featuring, The Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and of course her soon-to-be best friend, Hawk-Eye and I must say, the final book is thrilling!

Also go check out my other Marvel Universe Fan Fiction, called Comical Love

I hope y'all enjoy

~Comment and Subscribe~