Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter One

Alex's POV

Just another boring day of School. The final bell rang and I went to my locker to grab my books. I didn't have any friends, I was a loner as most people would put it. I was only 17 years old and I was a Junior. I shut my locker with a sigh, before getting into my car to leave.

When I got home, I went straight to my room like any other day. I changed into comfortable clothes and started to do my homework. I'm really smart, since I have nothing else to do with myself. I started to cough and I couldn't stop. My heart felt like it was going to explode.

I managed to scream for my Mom and she came running in looking worried.

"Mom, what's wrong with me?" I kept coughing uncontrollably. I felt like I was dying.

She sighed, "Why is this happening so soon?"

I looked at her confused while still clutching my stomach, "What is 'this'?!"

Her blue eyes saddened. "Honey, you need your Mate."

"My what?" I asked still confused as ever.

She kept shaking her head, "This can't be happening."

I coughed really hard and I thought one of my ribs were going to break, "M-mom! Help me!" I sounded so desperate, but I couldn't get it to stop. It literally felt like I was dying.

She seemed to come back to reality. "Try to calm yourself. I'll be right back."

I wanted to ask where she was going but, I couldn't get words out. The coughing just seemed to get worse and worse. I was surprised I didn't cough up a lung yet. I've never had asthma in my life, so I didn't think it could be that.

My Mom entered with a sad smile on her face, "Sweetie. Someone is going to make this all better for you. I won't see you for a while, but as soon as you're better you can come see me, okay?"

"What are you talking about?!" I coughed out still confused to what was going on.

Footsteps sounded through the hallway and a guy with dark black jeans and a rock t shirt walked in. He had a cap on backwards and he also had a lip ring in. I couldn't really tell what color his eyes were, not that I even cared. I just wanted someone to stop this suffering.

"I'll take her now, Jenny." He said to my Mother and she walked over to me. She kissed my head, "I love you, Alex. I'll see you soon." Before I could respond the guy walked over to me and I felt darkness come over me.

...

I woke up and looked at my surroundings. I was in some bedroom, I never been in before. It was a master bedroom. My throat was aching from all the coughing I did. Where the heck am I? I looked around trying to find anything familiar.

Soon the door opened and two guys walked in. The same one who was at my house and another one that I didn't know, but seemed familiar. He had a tight muscle t shirt on that showed off his arms filled with tattoos. He had ripped jeans on, and his hair was standing up in almost every direction. In my eyes, he was definitely attractive.

"I know this is very confusing for you. I'm going to give you the short version and then Brian can give you the long version." The guy who's name I still didn't know said and Brian nudged him.

"Sorry. My name is Matt." He took a deep breath and continued, "I don't know how else to say this, but Brian is your mate. You guys connected when you were 3 years old. Since you were so young, it didn't affect you until now. Long story short, you can't live without him."

Numerous things were running through my head and I started to get overwhelmed. My mind couldn't wrap itself around what Matt just said. I started to get weak and I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so I know everyone is going to be like, what are they? lol. You'll find out the next chapter, but they are not werewolves! Anyways I hope you enjoyed. c: