Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Eleven

Alex's POV

After we all finished with lunch, Brian called us all into the Living Room. I was kind of nervous to know what he was going to say. He noticed, and gave me a supportive smile. That calmed me a bit, as I sat on the couch between Val and Jimmy. The rest of them brought chairs in to sit on them.

Brian was sitting in the middle, and exhaled really loudly. "I don't know where to start."

"First, tell her what you're even talking about." Matt rolled his eyes.

I was confused, and Brian looked into my eyes. "Alex.. That guy that messed with you, is apart of the Declan clan." He said, and I was still confused as ever. I cocked an eyebrow at him, "So what's that got to do with anything?"

He sighed, "Well, I guess it's time for a history lesson." All the guys except Matt, groaned. Brian got comfortable, before speaking. "Alright, well you know we have a circle. Our Circle is called the Avenged Clan. For centuries the Avenged clan and the Declan clan have had a feud. We have tried multiple times to set out a truce, but they want nothing to do with it. The Declan clan are exactly like us, they have 5 members, and all of them have special abilities. I was shocked when Zack said he saw one of them with you. They haven't been around since Matt mated with Val.." He trailed off and something clicked in his head.

Matt scoffed, "Un fucking believable! Those fuckers are out of their minds if they think they're even going to touch her!" I was shocked at this sudden protectiveness from Matt. We didn't really get along, so this was pretty new to me.

Zack scratched his head, "Um, they already touched her. He was trying to choke her, before I showed up. That's why he fled, because he seen me coming."

I was still trying to process it all, "So what do they want with me?"

Val spoke up, "They want to use you to get under Brian's skin, just like they did with-"

Matt cut her off, "No. She doesn't need to know that."

"Yeah, she does!" Jimmy exclaimed, "She needs to be prepared if anything happens!"

Matt just scoffed, and Val continued. "The same thing happened with Matt and I. I was only 14 at the time, and they started to taunt me every time I went to School. I told Matt, and he started to take me to School every day. One day, I decided to go to School by myself, and one of them took me."

I gasped at this, and she continued. "I was away from Matt for 4 days. By the end of the fourth day, I was about dead from being away from him for so long. They were doing it, just to get under Matt's skin. Right when I thought I was truly going to die, they dropped me off in the woods somewhere. They left after that, and we didn't see them since then, until now." She explained, and I started to get afraid.

Brian walked over to me, and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "They won't touch you."

The tears started to fill my eyes, and I was thinking off the past times of seeing him. The first time, when the tree fell, then the time when I was at school. I was remembering when I saw him in the bathroom mirror, and then when he was choking me.

I felt Brian remove his hand. "You've been keeping this from me?!" He asked appalled.

I bit down on my lip realizing, I let him hear that. "Brian-"

He cut me off, "No! This is fucking serious, Alex! You should of told me the first time you saw him. He could of kidnapped you or something. I can't believe you fucking lied to me! Why?" He yelled, with anger filled inside of him. It was making me feel bad and scared.

"I don't know." I said while looking at the floor.

Brian's emotions were spiking out of control. "I can't believe you!" He yelled, and ran out of the room. I heard the front door slam, and the tears rolled down my cheeks. Matt went off after him, and I was feeling like shit.

Zack was the first to say something, "You lied to me, Alex. I knew you were lying too. I gave you two chances to tell me the truth, and you didn't. Why did you keep this away from us, huh?" He asked in a calmer tone then Brian had.

I shrugged, "I don't know, I really don't. He was just really scary, and I wasn't sure if I was suppose to say anything." The tears continued to fall, and Val rubbed my back in a soothing way.

Zack was about to say something, but Val cut him off. "That's enough, Zack. She needs to calm down." He sighed, and walked out of the room. Jimmy and Johnny just kept quiet. Val continued to rub my back, and I was trying to control my tears, but feeling Brian's anger was making it even worse.

"It's going to be okay, sweetie." Val tried to soothe me.

I shook my head, "No it won't. Brian will never forgive me." I said while wiping my eyes.

She patted my shoulder, "Yeah, he will. He's your Mate, he can't stay mad at you for too long."

"I feel so bad. His anger is making me just want to break out sobbing." I explained, and she nodded. "I know, sweetie. I get the same way with Matt, but you know Brian can feel your emotions now, too. He won't be able to last long with your emotions eating his heart."

Jimmy butted in, "I bet he won't last longer than 10 minutes."

Johnny disagreed, "I don't know, Brian was pretty pissed."

"15 minutes, then." Jimmy suggested.

Johnny shook his head, "I say 30 minutes."

The continued to banter back and fourth. It was making me feel worse, and Val noticed. "Guys! Stop, you're making Alex more upset." Jimmy and Johnny looked at me, "Sorry." They chorused together.

I didn't respond, and Val suggested, "Why don't you two go do something?"

"Fine, I can see when I'm not wanted." Jimmy said with his head pointed in the air. He got off of the couch, "C'mon Johnny. I bet I can beat your ass in some Call Of Duty." Johnny followed, "You're on!" They finally left the room, and I seemed to calm down a bit.

Val nudged me, "C'mon, let's go outside. Matt wants us." I sighed and reluctantly followed her. Once we got outside, I saw Brian sitting on the front porch step with his hands gripping his hair. Matt looked at Val, and she nodded. They walked back inside, and left us alone.

I didn't know what to say to him.

"Well, you can start by apologizing." Brain said, from hearing my thoughts.

I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry, Brian. I know I should of told you, but for some reason I couldn't. I was just too scared." The tears started filling in my eyes again. "I'm sorry." I said in a hushed tone.

Brian groaned, "Fuck!" He stood to his feet, and stood in front of me in a quick motion. "C'mere." He held his arms out for me, and I wrapped my arms around his torso without a protest. He rubbed my back in a soothing way like Val had done, but it was actually working this time.

"I'm sorry." I kept saying over and over.

He cupped my face, so I was looking into his eyes. "I'm sorry for over reacting like that. I was just so upset, why didn't you tell me? I'm suppose to protect you, Allie." That made me smile, because he used to the same nick name my Dad used to call me all of the time.

"I don't know." I whimpered, while avoiding his eye contact.

Brian sighed, and pulled me into another hug. "It's okay, just don't keep stuff like this away from me ever again. If you ever see him, you need to tell. Okay?" He asked, gently.

I gave a small nod, "Okay." He held me close to his body, and I felt all of his anger being replaced with love. That made me feel safe, and I wasn't upset anymore. I felt better, and I knew Brian felt the same way. I pulled back and looked at him in the eyes. I was getting this sudden urge, just to be close to him.

He noticed my change in emotions, and leaned down. His lips met mine, and I felt the electricity roam through our bodies. It was the best feeling, I have ever felt in the world. On instinct, I deepened the kiss, and then I let Brian have control of the kiss.

"HAH! I knew it!" I heard from behind us, and I instantly pulled away. I saw Jimmy there with a big grin on his face. That made my cheeks get red, and I buried my face in Brian's chest. Brian wrapped his arm around me. "C'mon, let's head inside." I let Brian guide me inside, and something was floating around in my head.

Instead of keeping it from Brian, I decided to ask him about it. He knew I was about to ask something, because he could feel my wondering. "What's up?"

I bit my lip before saying, "When I was in the bathroom, and slipped; it was because I saw him in the mirror. The next day when I saw him at School, he asked me how my head was. How is that possible? I swear I didn't see him in the bathroom.." I said while trying to think of a reason. "Or am I going insane?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are starting to heat up! ;D

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
Avenged foREVer
catcraz826
KillJoySynner
XxRebeccaLeexX
Mari_Raven
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
Indiana_Casablanca
Thanks, guys! :D