Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Twelve

Alex's POV

Brian grabbed a hold of my hand. "You're not going insane. I should probably tell you about their special abilities." He guided me back into the living room, which was empty. We sat back down on the couch, and I was actually getting kind of worried to what he was going to tell me.

He gave my hand a squeeze, "It's okay. I'm not going to let them touch you, I know Greg already did, but I won't let him ever again."

"Greg is the name of the guy who has been following me?" I asked, not actually sure.

Brian gave a nod, "Yeah, and you did see him in the bathroom, you're not going insane. He manipulated your mind to make you think you were seeing him. That's his special ability. he makes you see stuff you really don't. Just like I can make someone feel something, they're really not."

I shook my head, "You can't do that on me, right?"

He nodded, "Yeah, whatever special ability you have, it doesn't work on your mate. Matt found that out when he was trying to keep Val in her bedroom-" I got confused, and Brian waved his hand in the air, "-Long story, but he was trying to use his power because that's his ability. Being able to use with no limits, but he actually started to get weak. That's when we found out our powers won't work on our mates. Believe me, I tried."

That made me chuckle, "You did?"

Brian smiled, "Yeah, I hate seeing you upset, so I always try to make you feel something else, but it doesn't work of course." That made me blush for some reason, and I bowed my head to hide it.

He put a finger under my chin to make me raise my head. Brian stroked my cheek gently with his thumb. You're beautiful. His words came into my head, and I smiled to myself. I really wanted to kiss him, but I felt weird just going ahead and kissing him.

"Alex, you can do anything you want to me; I'm your mate. I'll approve anything you want." He said sweetly to me, and my cheeks turned a darker shade of red. I buried my head into his shoulder. "I need to get a better hold on that mind reading thing. How come I never hear you slip up?" I complained.

Brian chuckled, and wrapped his arm securely around my body. "I'm a little more experienced. It's okay, though. You just need to practice, and you'll get used to it. Just like you got used to separated your emotions from mine."

I nodded into his shoulder. "That was easy, though. I'm always feeling like the stupid one, and you're just loving me anyways."

His mouth was by my ear, and I could feel his breath. It was sending shivers down my spine, in a good way. "Alex, you're not stupid. You're still new at all of this, all the feelings you're feeling are normal." His voice was low, and I couldn't help but, find him extremely attractive.

A weird feeling formed in the pit of my stomach, and I felt Brian tighten his grip, like he could feel it to. I wasn't exactly sure what it was, but I raised my head to look up into his chocolate filled eyes. They were making my heart beat really fast.

He leaned down and his lips brushed against mine softly.

"Hey love birds!" Jimmy said while entering, and Brian let out a long agitated sigh. I pulled away from him to see Jimmy grinning, and I knew my face was a bright tomato. Brian glared up at Jimmy. "I love you man, but you always come in at the wrong times."

He shrugged innocently, "It's a gift."

I chuckled, and Brian just rolled his eyes. "Is there something you wanted?"

"No, just wanted to see how you two were doing." Jimmy smiled brightly, "-But, I think I got my answer." He walked back out, and I yawned involuntary.

Brian laced his fingers into mine, "C'mon. You had a rough day, you need to get some sleep." He guided me up the stairs, and into my room. Once I was sitting on my bed, he pressed his lips against mine. "Goodnight." Brian said while, pulling away.

I smiled, "Good night." He walked out of my room, and shut the door behind him. I realized I was still smiling like an idiot, and I rolled my eyes. I walked over to the dresser, and grabbed some pajamas. I changed into them quickly, and walked over to my built in bathroom. I brushed my teeth quickly, and went to lay in my bed.

I shut the light off, and closed my eyes. I started to feel like I was being watched, so I opened my eyes, and looked around. I seen Greg, the hooded man standing by my dresser, and fear coursed through me. I couldn't speak. Brian! I yelled in my thoughts, and in seconds my door was opened, with the lights flicked on. He rushed over to my bedside, "What's wrong?"

I looked back at the dresser, and saw that Greg was no longer gone. I started to cry, he was making me feel like I was going insane. Brian pulled me into his arms in a swift movement. I rested my head on his chest, while crying softly. I opened my eyes, and saw Greg standing there.

I gasped, and pulled away. Brian looked behind him, "What? What's wrong?"

"I think I'm actually going insane." I said while wiping the tears that were on my cheeks.

Brian finally understood what I was seeing, and he grabbed my hand. "He can't hurt you. He can make it look like you're seeing him, but he can't touch you." I was still freaked out till no end.

"Want me to stay with you?" He asked gently, while looking into my fearful eyes.

I gave him a quick nod, "Please." Brian gave a small smile, and shut the light off. He crawled into the bed next to me, and I didn't waste no time in burying my head into his chest. I could feel Brian feeling guilty about this.

"It's not your fault." I said while inhaling his scent.

He ran his hand through my hair, "It feels like it." I let out a sigh, and raised my head to look him in the eye. "Please don't feel that way. It's making me feel upset." I said truthfully, and Brian kissed my forehead. I lay my head back down on his chest.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Greg again. I buried my face into his side, and Brian rubbed my back soothingly. I was mad. "I hate this, I hate him. He's making me feel like I'm crazy. He can always do this, can't he?" I mumbled into his chest.

"No, he can only be 2 miles away from the person to manipulate them." He explained, but that didn't make me feel better because, he's probably never going to leave. Brian kissed the top of my head. "Don't worry, I'll take care of him. I won't let him hurt you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it was short. /: The next one shall be longer, I promise. :)

So, what do you think of this Greg character? Do think Brian will be able to 'take care' of him? Let me hear your thoughts. ;)

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the last chapter:
KillJoySynner
XxRebeccaLeexX
catcraz826
cindycannibal
Avenged foREVer
RazzyVengeance6661
Mari_Raven
gothique4
undead;
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
I love you guys! ♥♥

Readers: 325
Subscribers: 99
Comments: 90
Recommendations: 13

Guys! We're soo close to 100 subscribers & 100 comments! :D If we get both by today, I'll update again.♥