Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Fourteen

Alex's POV

I was actually kind of happy to have a girl my age with us. Val told me that we would probably have to talk to her about everything, just like she had done with me. I was sitting at the Kitchen table doing all of my homework. Every time I would get confused on something Brian would try his hardest to help me, even if I told him I could figure it out. He would just say he didn't like seeing me confused. I had just finished my last piece of my homework when we heard the front door open.

Matt walked into the Kitchen and greeted Val who was cooking dinner. Val smiled, "How is she?"

"Well, you don't have to worry about talking to her." He said, while looking at Val and I.

That made me frown, "What do you mean?"

Before Matt could say anything else, Zack walked in holding hands with a girl that had bright red hair. I was a little surprised to see them holding hands but, Zack smiled at us. "Brian, Alex, Val, this is Riley." He gestured to her, "Riley, this is Val, Brian, and his mate Alex."

She smiled at us, "It's really nice to meet you guys."

Val returned the smile, "It's always nice to have another female in the house." I remembered Val telling me that the first time I got here. Brian seemed to be confused at how excepting Riley was taking this. "Did you tell her about the mate-ship?" He questioned Zack.

Zack nodded, with a grin on his face. "She accepted it in the car."

Matt put his two cents in, "Yeah, I couldn't get them to separate."

Riley blushed, while Zack kissed her cheek. I was totally shocked to how cool she was being with this. She accepted it within like an hour, and I took a week to decide. I watched Riley peck Zack's lips, and he pulled her into a deeper kiss. I could feel Brian's jealousy knife my heart.

He was jealous of the fact that Riley accepted it so fast, and it took me longer to accept it. They were laughing, and poking each other. If you were just looking at them from the outside, it would seem like that they've been dating their whole lives. I knew Brian wanted that. He wanted to be my companion but, I haven't decided yet. Seeing Riley and Zack act like that was making me feel bad.

I walked out of the Kitchen and walked down the hallway. I walked out of the house, and sat down on the front porch. Why couldn't I be like her? Why couldn't I of accepted it as soon as they told me about it? I'm treating Brian like shit. I've been with him for over 2 weeks, and I barely even kiss him. Riley has known Zack for like an hour, and is all over him like a fly on dog crap.

The front door opened and I knew it was Brian. He wasn't going to let me feel like this for so long. He sat down next to me and sighed. We didn't say anything, we just stared off into the distance. It was starting to get dark outside.

Finally he broke the silence, "Don't compare yourself to her."

I shrugged my shoulder, not looking at him. "It's kind of hard not to, I mean especially if you're jealous of Zack. I guess I don't deserve you if I didn't accept it so early."

Brian took my hand, "Alex, don't talk like that. Like I told you before, I don't have to be your companion. I can just be your friend, it may hurt but, I can get over it."

That made me shake my head on an instant, "That's the problem! I don't want you to get hurt over it." I said while looking up into his chocolate filed eyes. He gazed into my eyes. "It doesn't matter. If it's what you want, I can live with it. This is all about you."

"How do you know that's what I want?" I asked him quietly.

A smirk started to form on his lips, "Is it what you want?"

Deep down, it wasn't what I wanted. I've always wanted a guy to have, to hold, and care for. I just never thought that day would come true, and I never thought it would be a soul-mate better yet. I shook my head, not trusting my voice.

Brian's emotions were getting a little out of control. It was hard to tell what were mine, and what were his. His smile turned into a smile. "What do you want, then?"

I had no clue how to even say this. What do I just say, 'oh I want you to be my companion.' Brian grinned while chuckling. "That's one way of putting it." I groaned, and buried my head into his shoulder. "I hate this stupid mind reading thing!" I yelled in frustration.

He rubbed my back soothingly, "Hey, it gets you out of saying stuff out loud." I raised my head to look back into his eyes. "-But I don't even mean for you to hear it."

Brian nodded, "Some part of you wants me to hear it, so it lets me hear."

I just rolled my eyes at that, "So do I have to like ask you?" I asked, not really knowing what to do or even say for that matter. Brian shook his head, "Nope, you just have to have sex with me."

My face went pale, and Brian busted out laughing. I sighed in relief, and hit his shoulder. "That's not funny, Brian!" He smiled, and continued to laughed. "It is, though." Brian finally calmed down and he kissed my head softly. "Seriously though, all you have to do is let your emotions have control instead of your mind. Whatever you feel like doing, do it."

I didn't waste any time after he said that. I crushed my lips against his. He smiled into the kiss, and deepened it. My lips parted, and his tongue explored my mouth. This was the first time we ever kissed like this, and I was wondering If I was even doing it right.

You're doing fine. Brian let me hear, as he continued to assault my mouth with his tongue. I rolled my eyes, and started to feel the love. The same love Brian has been feeling, I was actually feeling it for once. I was enjoying every second of this.

"Well, well." A deep voice interrupted us. We separated, and I looked out in the distance to see 5 guys standing there. I saw the hooded man, Greg with them. I gulped realizing they were the Declan Clan. I started to get afraid. Brian stood to his feet, and helped me to mine.

He stood in front of me protectively, and I still had fear radiating through me.

Go get the others Brian told me urgently in my head.

I protested, They'll hurt you.

I watched his shoulders tense up, and he said to me in my head. Please, Alex. I'll be fine. I finally agreed and opened the front door. I rushed inside, and started yelling for the others. I had to tell them that our worst nightmare had finally shown their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun! ;)

Okay, so I put Alex and Riley in the character page. Go look if you would like to know what they look like. (: Right now, Jimmy and Johnny won't have a mate for a while. They will eventually get one, just not at this moment.

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
Mari_Raven
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
SummerA7x
catcraz826
KaelynKatastrophe
RazzyVengeance6661
Avenged foREVer
Mayhem_
cindycannibal
You guys rock! Thank you! ♥