Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Fifteen

Alex's POV

We were all standing outside in front of the Declan clan. I was scared, I wasn't sure what was going to happen next. A guy that was standing in the middle of Declan clan took a step forward. Matt did the same in his direction. "What do you want?" He spoke in a calmly manner.

"I want our land." He seemed to be the leader of the Declan clan.

Matt scoffed, "It's not your land, I don't know what your Fathers are telling you but, it's not Declan territory; it's Avenged territory."

This made the leader shake his head, "Yeah, because you stole it from us."

"We didn't steal shit!" Zack glared at the leader.

Matt put his hand out in front of Zack, almost stopping him from doing anything else. The leader smirked at Riley and I. It was making me shiver. "I see you got 2 new members."

Greg looked in my direction, "Long time no see." He winked, and I wrinkled my nose up in disgust. I refused to look in his direction so, I looked somewhere else. I noticed Greg right in front of me, and I panicked. I looked back to where he was before to see he was still there. Fear raced through me, and I groaned knowing he was making me see this.

The next thing I saw was Brian's eyes turn black, and Greg was on the ground holding his head while writhing in pain. The leader glared at Matt, "If you want to fight now, then.." Matt raised his hand up, "Stop. Brian, snap out of it." Brian's eyes went back to his normal color.

Greg groaned, and got back to his feet, "You mother fucker!" He raised his hands up, and before he could do anything the leader stopped him. "Greg, not now. We'll fight later." Greg stepped down. The other guys were tense, ready for a fight.

Matt looked back at the leader, "Oliver, we aren't giving up our land. You'll have to beat it out of us."

Oliver smirked, "That can be arranged."

"Name the time and place, we'll kick your fucking asses!" Zack seethed.

I looked at Riley who seemed worried. I was too. Greg looked over at Zack, "Tomorrow at our boundary line." Matt looked at Oliver, "You're going to regret this, boys."

The Declan clan all snickered in response. They finally left after saying a few taunts. Once they were completely gone, I let my arms snake around Brian's torso from behind. He un-did my arms so, he could hold me from the front. Once he did that, I felt safe.

Riley seemed confused as ever, "Who the fuck was that?"

Matt sighed, knowing he was going to have explain everything all over again. We all headed back inside. Brian and I headed for the stairs but, Matt stopped us. "Alex needs to hear this too."

I frowned, "I already have."

He nodded, "Yeah but, I'm going into complete detail. You need to know everything you can about the Declan clan." I sighed, and Brian laced his fingers through mine, guiding me into the living room. We all sat down, and Matt started it off by telling Riley everything I already knew.

I'm tired I said to Brian, while looking up into his dark brown eyes. He caressed my cheek. You need to hear this, Alex. I sighed, and Matt started talking about their powers.

"Greg can manipulate what you see, Oliver can make you feel pain by simply touching you, Jake can read your mind, like your mate can but, he can hear every single thing. Blake has speed like Zack does, and Danny who the youngest is hasn't found out his power like Johnny." Matt explained, and I finally knew all of their names.

Riley must of gotten scared because, Zack wrapped his arm around her. "They're not going to hurt you." For the rest of the night Matt told us all about the Declan Clan. He told us on how before the Avenged circle was formed, their fathers had this land for over a century, and the Declan clan was always fighting them for it. That's all they wanted to do was fight. Of course they never won. I wondered why they didn't just give the land over, and Matt said it's been in their blood-lines for so long, they didn't want to give it up. It meant too much to them.

Matt told us that they were going to fight tomorrow, and most likely they would win. Brian became worried, "Matt, we can't have our mates with us." I frowned, wondering what he had on his mind, and Matt agreed. "Well where are they going to go?"

We could go to my Mom's. I haven't seen her in so long. I didn't realize I let Brian hear that until he looked back at Matt. "They can stay with Alex's Mom." Matt sighed, "Brian, you know the rules. They can't stay with their parents.."

"Exactly so, if something were to happen, and they were going to try and get them. They wouldn't go check Alex's mom's house." Brian said, and Matt smirked, "That's brilliant, I'll call her right now." I smiled, knowing I had a good idea for once.

Matt came back in a couple minutes later. "I explained to her about everything, you guys need to head over there now." I frowned and looked up at Brian, "This early?" Brian was about to say something but, Matt cut him off, "Yeah you guys need to be away from this."

Riley and I sighed at the same time. Once we were in the car, I frowned. "Wait, why isn't Val coming with us?" I asked Brian and Zack from the back seat. They both shrugged, "If they were to go after you guys, they would go after you 2, since they already had Val."

I sighed, thinking it was stupid that Val got to stay. She was lucky, she got to stay with her mate while we got shipped off. I was happy that I got to see my Mom but, I didn't want to leave Brian.

You'll be okay Brian reassured me probably feeling my sudden worry. We got to my house that I thought I would never see again. My Mom rushed outside, and I got out of the car. She pulled me into her arms, "Alex!" She said while getting chocked up.

"Mom, don't cry." I said with a chuckle.

She rubbed my back, "It's so good to see you."

I finally let go, and she looked at Brian, "You treating her right?"

"Yes, ma'am." He gave one of those signature smiles he always gives.

I noticed Riley clinging onto Zack for dear life. It had to be hard on her, the first day she finds out she can't live without Zack, she has to leave him for a day. Good thing it's not longer than a day. Brian pulled me into his arms, "I'll be here as soon as it's over."

"I'm going to miss you.." I mumbled into his chest.

I felt his lips against my hair, "I'll miss you too, Alex. It's just a day, we can handle it."

Before even thinking, I blurted out, "I love you." I bit my lip, while keeping my head buried in his chest. I was scared that I shouldn't of said that. Brian pulled away, and cupped my face. He had the biggest smile on his face, "I love you too." He gave me one of those heart pounding kisses.

Once he pulled back, he wrapped his arms around me for a second time. His lips were by my ear. "Thank you for making me your companion." A smile tugged on my lips, now realizing that was what I had to do to make him my companion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.. /: Sorry! Next chapter is the big fight! And yay, Alex made Brian her companion. ♥

Not going to lie, this chapter pretty much sucked, and a bit rushed. It might be because I'm like half asleep, lol.

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
A7xMeredith15
kangel529
XxRebeccaLeexX
Avenged foREVer
SevenfoldGirl_
catcraz826
Mari_Raven
undead;
RazzyVengeance6661
panic!britty
SummerA7x
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
cindycannibal
Spoileddxbrat
You guys rock! ♥