Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Sixteen

Alex's POV

I was having hot chocolate with my Mom while Riley was sleeping in the bedroom. I felt bad for her, it was really hard on her being away from Zack the first time. It was hard on me as well but, I knew we would be back in their arms tomorrow.

"So you knew he was my mate?" I asked my Mom, carefully sipping my hot chocolate.

She nodded while taking a sip of hers, "I know he was a fine gentleman but, I just didn't want to give you up. Your father told me that once the time was to come, I was going to have to let you go. It sucks not being able to see you everyday but, I'm slowly getting used to it."

I started to bite my lip, "So you're like okay with all of this?"

My Mom shrugged and nodded, "Yeah, I know you're in good hands. Brian will treat you right."

A smile formed onto my lips while thinking of Brian. He really was a true gentleman and he did treat me right. It took me a little while to get used to it but, now I know what love feels like. It's way better experiencing the real thing then reading it in some romance novel.

I finished my hot chocolate and gave my mom a hug, "I'm going to bed. Thanks for the hot chocolate." She smiled and kissed my cheek. "Not a problem, dear. Sleep well." I headed up to the room that I used to call my room. Everything was all empty now. It just had a bed and a dresser. A sigh escaped my lips as I curled up on the mattress. I could it quite lonely without Brian.

Brian? I called in my thoughts. I forgot how long the mind-reading thing could go but, I was hoping it would work. A few minutes passed and I heard nothing in my head. I just pulled the blanket over me and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I wiped it while rolling my eyes. That's one thing I hated about this whole thing was it made me weak. I hated crying.

Alex? What's wrong? Brian's concerned voice entered my mind.

A smile crept onto my face, I just miss you. It feels so weird without you here lying next to me. I told him truthfully in my head.

I could picture him smiling right now. I miss you too, Alex. It'll all be over soon. We'll fight and then swing by and pick you guys up. He was trying to reassure me but, I just had a really bad feeling.

Brian was starting to feel it too. Alex, you're just scared. It's normal. Everything will be okay.

That made sigh, Okay, I love you. I felt proud saying that now.

I love you too, get some sleep.

With that I fell into a dream-less sleep.

Image


I woke up the next morning at 5am. A sigh escaped my lips as I rolled out of bed. Today was the big day. They were going to fight. It was really hard not to worry about them. I needed to distract myself and I knew the perfect solution.

Riley shook her head, "Are you crazy?! They told us not to leave the house!"

That made me roll my eyes, "Riley, it's just School. They're going to be fighting anyways."

She sighed, "If we get in trouble, I'm blaming you for this one."

Again I rolled my eyes. We changed into the clothes we packed last night and headed downstairs. My Mom was at work this morning so, we had to walk. Riley was complaining the whole way there and I was making sure not to let Brian hear my thoughts about this.

Once we arrived at the School, I saw Zack leaning up against his Ferrai. I glared at Riley and hit her shoulder, "You told him!" She shrugged innocently, "I wasn't going to keep it from him!"

I sighed as we got over him. He took his sunglasses off and looked at me, "This wasn't a good idea. You need to go back to your mom's house. It's safer there."

"Zack, you guys are going to be fighting. We'll be safe here because, every member will be fighting." I explained while crossing my arms over my chest. Zack sighed heavily while running a hand over his face. He eyed me and shook his head, "Fine but, stay here until we get you."

I smiled and nodded, "No, duh."

He rolled his eyes and pulled Riley into an embrace. He whispered comforting things into her ear and gave a passionate kiss before leaning in his car. We headed into the School and went our separate ways to go to our lockers. I grabbed my books for my first hour and shut the locker.

I dropped my books out of my hands when I saw who was standing in front of me.

Brian's POV

We were all headed for the boundary line. Zack had to go take care of something but, he said he'd meet us there. He wasn't lying because just as we passed the opening, Zack was waiting for us. He rushed over to us in a blur, "The girls are at School."

Matt's eyes widened, "What?!"

Zack sighed, "Alex thought it would be better if they were at School. Riley said Alex needed something to distract her."

I shook my head in disbelief and just as I was about to talk to Alex in my head, the declan's showed up. Greg and Blake weren't with them though. Oliver stepped forward as did Matt. Matt looked at the rest of the guys, "Your down numbers."

Oliver smirked, "They'll be here."

Matt of course tried to do his persuading in telling them that this is our land and we shouldn't have to fight for it. Oliver was actually starting to listen which made me mad because, I wanted to fight. I mainly wanted to fight Greg for putting Alex through hell. Once that bastard shows up, his ass is mine.

All of a sudden I heard Alex in my head. BRIAN HELP ME! THEY- It snapped apart like a rubber band. That only meant one thing and that was she was more than 15 mile radius away from me. I know couldn't feel her emotions and I couldn't hear her thoughts. It made me feel empty. I looked at Zack and he was feeling the same way.

I started to piece everything together and I was about to strike against toe Declan clan knowing they did something. Oliver gave us a sinister smile, "Well, our work is done boys." Just as I took a step forward they fled like a bat out of hell.

Matt, Jimmy, and Johnny were all confused by this. I couldn't talk, I felt like I didn't even know how to breathe. Zack actually dropped to his knees and realization hit me. I rushed to Zack, "Fuck, dude. Are you going to be okay?"

"I don't know." He croaked out.

Matt looked at us, "What's going on?"

"They have Alex and Riley. I felt everything break apart-"

"Almost like a rubber band." Matt finished my sentence knowing what he felt like.

I nodded my head furiously and started to pace. "We got to get them back. Alex was so scared something was going to happen and look at this!"

Zack glared up at me, "It was Alex's fucking fault! If she would of just stayed at her mother's house, Riley wouldn't be practically dying like me."

"Don't fucking blame Alex for this shit! She didn't know, it wasn't her fault!" I yelled in Zack's face.

He rose to his feet, "She was told to stay at her Mom's house but, she never fucking listens does she?!" He shouted back into my face.

Just as I was about to deck him in the face, Matt came in between us. "Enough! If you guys keep fighting then, we won't be able to come up with a plan to get them back."

Zack looked at Matt, "Well you better fucking hurry! I only have 24 hours until the mate-ship starts to reject itself." That was one thing I was kind of thankful for. Alex and I could be apart for 72 hours but, since Zack and Riley just mated in the past 12 hours, they can only be apart for 24 hours.

We all rushed back to the house in hopes of coming up with a plan. The whole time I was saying in my mind. I love you, Alex. I'll get you home soon. Even though she couldn't hear a word I was thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, an update from me? Why, yes it is. c;

I'm sorry it took a while. I'm busy with School now but, I'll try my hardest to get more chapters out soon!

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
A7xMeredith15
RazzyVengeance6661
SevenfoldGirl_
Avenged foREVer
SummerA7x
catcraz826
Spoileddxbrat
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
Mari_Raven
XxRebeccaLeexX
undead;
FaBzShadows
VampGirl4eva
You guys are amazing! Thank you! c;

Also thanks for sending me messages and profile comments telling me how much you love this story and want me to update. It helped a lot, so thank you!

P.S to those who wanted to read a fight, don't worry there will be one not right now but, soon. xD