Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Seventeen

Alex's POV

I felt like my insides were being tore up. It felt like a 100 pound weight was on my chest. I wasn't sure how long I've been in this room, because I kept going in and out of conscious. I forced my eyes open to see how Riley was doing.

She was laying across from me, on her back. Her chest was barely moving up and down. She coughed and it sounded horrible. I managed to force myself to sit up. I crawled over to her and put my hand on her arm, "I'm so sorry."

"It's not-" She coughed a few more times before opening her eyes, "your fault. You were just doing what you thought-" She tried to take a deep breath, but it sounded wheezy, "was right."

I felt so bad for her. She doesn't deserve this, I'm not one who dragged her down in this. Just as I was about to say something, she grabbed my hand with her hand. Her grip was barely even there, "If you make it out, please-" She begged while holding eye contact with me, "Tell Zack I love him." A tear rolled down her cheek.

That was when I knew I couldn't take it any longer. I felt the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I stood up and shook my head, "No." Riley was a bit confused, but I walked over to the door and started pounding on it, "SOMEBODY HELP US!! PLEASE!"

The door flew open, which made me stumble back a bit. The leader of the Declan clan walked in. I swallowed the lump in my throat and he shut the door behind him. He was now smirking at us, "No one is going to help you, not until Avenged gives us what we want."

"You're never going to get their land!" I seethed, while clenching my fists.

Oliver placed on a hand on my shoulder, "Then you won't see your mates ever again!" His eyes went black and I felt a huge pain course through my shoulder. I screamed in agony and it got so bad that I couldn't even breathe. I was gasping for air.

"Stop." Riley croaked out and Oliver didn't listen. My vision was getting blurry and I couldn't even feel my body. "Stop, please!" Riley begged on my behave and finally he let go.

I fell to the ground while holding onto my shoulder. I had my mouth open, letting all the oxygen that I get, into my mouth. My shoulder was throbbing. Oliver went back to the door and I stopped him, "You can't just leave us here! She's dying! She needs her mate now."

He turned his head in my direction, "Well that's too bad!"

"Please, just let her go. You can keep me, do whatever you want with me, just let her go!" I pleaded out and Oliver glanced at Riley and back at me. He shook his head and walked back out of the room. I heard the door lock from the outside and I sighed.

Riley was groaning, "Alex.. you're the only one has a chance. Don't try to save me, just protect yourself."

I shook my head, "No way, Riley! I'm going to get you out of here, I don't care what it takes. You're going back to Zack."

A few minutes passed and the door opened again. This time it was a girl who entered. She looked a bit older than I or Riley did. She had brownish-reddish hair that was pulled back in a pony tail. She was wearing a spaghetti strap tank top and when she turned around to shut the door, I noticed a rose tattoo on her shoulder blade. I glanced over at Riley, who was barely with me at this moment.

The girl walked over to us, "How much longer can she last?"

I looked over at Riley and shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not sure. How long have we been here?"

"About 12 hours." She simply stated.

That made me sigh heavily and I shook my head, "She probably can last another 12 hours, but it'll drain her energy."

The girl nodded, "We can get her out."

"Excuse me?" I asked her, I didn't even know who this girl was.

She smiled innocently, "I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Izadora, but you can call me Izzy." She said with a small shrug.

I eyed her suspiciously, "What do you mean 'we can get her out'?"

Izzy smiled, "I'm going to help you guys break free. It make take some hours, but I'm going to try. My brother is a rotten man and I'm not going to stand here and watch him kill 2 innocent girls. Once he has a mate, he'll understand."

"Brother?"

She nodded, "Oliver is my brother, unfortunately. I promise you, though, I am nothing like him. He got my Dad's genes and I got my Mom's. I'm more of a forgive and forget kind of person and he's a grudge holding till he dies kind of person."

I scoffed, "It shows."

Izzy chuckled and clasped her hands together, "Anyways, like I said, I'm going to get you guys out of here. I just have to think of a plan.."

***


Brian's POV

"Zack, you need to take this. It'll be better." Val tried to persuade Zack into taking a sedative, so he wouldn't be feeling the rejection of the mate-ship.

He shook his head, "No! I need to be awake when we go and attack!"

Right on Que, Jimmy and Johnny rushed into the living room. Matt who was on the phone, hung up, "Got news?"

Jimmy nodded, "Oh yeah. They got their boundary line surrounded. We can't even get up to it. I'm thinking that's where they have the girls, just 15 miles passed the line."

My heart was broken. I couldn't stand this. Zack's facial expressions saddened and I felt so bad. I let my eyes turn black and I tried to make him feel happy. He snapped his head in my direction, "Don't even fucking try, Brian!"

I snapped out of it and Matt was pacing, "There's gotta be a way we can get passed there."

"I don't know man, things aren't looking too good, unless we plan on fighting just to get them back." Johnny said with a shrug.

Matt took a look at me and then at Zack. He took a deep breath before saying, "Then that's what we'll have to do. We have no other choice and I'm not about to lose 2 members of our circle. We're a family and we don't get broken up."

So that's how it's going to be. Fight till our death. Like Matt said, we don't have a choice. The only thing we can do is pray that we get Alex and Riley out alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy fuck, I can't believe I just update this. I just got this random inspiration and walla.. :D I'm trying really hard to get the other chapters typed. I'll try to have the next update out soon. By the way Izadora is a new character, which is owned by the lovely: Marissa.Motionless

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
Marissa.Motionless
Mari_Raven
FaBzShadows
gothique4
KCSavege
catcraz826
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
RazzyVengeance6661
A7xMeredith15
amodernmyth88
nells97
You guys are amazing! I love you all! <3