Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Eighteen

Brian's POV 

Everyone was running around the house, rushing. We only had about 9 more hours left until Zack and Riley start to die. I wish I could do something to make him feel better, he blames me and Alex for this and he kind of has a point, but he's also dying, so he's just pissed off. I had my bag packed full of weapons that I would need and I headed back downstairs. Zack was walking out of the living room and he almost fell. I rushed over to him and grabbed him. 

"I don't need your help." He yanked himself out of my grip and a sad sigh escaped lips. I felt so bad for him. Val came over and helped Zack to the kitchen.

Matt walked over to me, "I'm going to start loading stuff in the cars. I'm taking Zack and Val. You're riding with Jimmy and Johnny." I nodded and we heard a knock at the front door. 

We both looked at each other confused and he headed for the door. I followed and he looked out the window, "Who the heck is that?" He thought out loud and opened the door to reveal a girl about Alex's age with reddish- brownish hair. She looked kind of spunky. 

"Can I help you?" Matt cleared his throat. 

She smiled innocently, "Um, can I come inside? This is kind of private..." 

Matt looked at me and I shrugged, having no clue what to do. Matt just scoffed and stepped aside. She walked in and he shut the door behind her. 

She turned to us, "Alright, first off who is Matt that has been feuding with Oliver Green?"

"I am." Matt became suddenly interested in the subject and she looked up at him, "Oliver is my brother."

We both tensed up and Matt took a step forward, "Did he send you here?" He asked through gritted teeth. 

She shook her head, "No, I came on my own. I want to help Riley and Alex. I'm going to need your help, though."

I squinted my eyes at her, "Why should we trust you?"

"Because, I'm not like my brother. I'm sick of his antics and I'm not going to stand around and watch him kill two innocent girls-" 

Val walked over to us and gasped, "Izzy!" She pulled her into a hug, "What are you doing here?" 'Izzy' hugged her back and then let go, "I'm helping Riley and Alex out." 

This made Val frown, "You're back with your brother? You said you were leaving after you dropped me off?"

She sighed, "He promised he wouldn't put anyone in danger anymore, but he lied, so I'm done now. We need to get the girls home and I'm no longer considering him a brother!"

Matt and I looked at each, confused as ever. We had no clue what the fuck was going on. Val noticed our expressions, "Izzy was the one that let me go when the Declans captured me." 

This just confused Matt even more, "You said they just dumped you off?"

Val nodded, "I didn't want to mention Izzy, because she risked her life for me. I thought she was going to leave her brother, so it wouldn't of mattered." 

Matt looked back at Izzy, "You swear your Brother didn't send you?" 

Izzy rolled her eyes, "I promise, Matt. I just want to get them home and we have to hurry we don't have much time. Riley is barely hanging on." 

I butt in, "How's Alex?"

"She's fighting and doing a hell of a job at it." That made me smile, knowing she was okay. 

Matt rubbed a hand over his head, "So how are we going to do this?" The question was directed to Izzy. 

She took a deep breath before explaining, "Well I talked to the girls first and they told me that Riley's mate, Zack, has speed-" 

I cut her off, "His power is practically drained-"

Izzy nodded, "I know, but I also know once he gets her side that his power will start to recharge and he'll be able to get her out of there in time." 

Matt nodded, taking a few seconds to think about it, "Alright, what about Alex?" 

"Well, I can get only one person into the house without getting noticed, so I'm going to take Zack and make sure he gets Riley out. After that, I'll sneak Alex out the best way I can." Izzy explained her plan and I didn't feel too good about it. 

I shook my head, "That's stupid."

She started to laugh, "Boy, Alex sure has you pegged. She knew you wouldn't approve of it, but she wants this and she wants you to follow orders." 

That made me clench my jaw. I pinched the bridge of my nose and exhaled, "Whatever, then what are the rest of us suppose to do?" 

"Stay by the boundary line, so you can make sure that they get across." 

Matt looked at me, "What do you think, Brian?" 

I shrugged my shoulders, "Let's get going." 

He patted my shoulder, "We'll get her out, dude." I nodded, accepting his sympathy that he rarely shows, unless it's to his mate. 

Matt turned his attention back to Izzy, "Alright you can ride with me, Val, and Zack. That way it'll be easier for you to get Zack in," He looked back at me, "Go get Jimmy and Johnny. Meet us at the boundary line." 

I hurried of to the back of the house, knowing that's where they would be. I heard Matt's truck roar to life and peel out of the drive way. It only made me scoff. I know he only did that to make sure I didn't try to make Izzy take me instead of Zack. 

Jimmy and Johnny were packing up weapons when I entered the room. Jimmy looked up, "Oh, we're almost done." 

I shook my head, "Plan changed. It's a long story, I'll tell you guys in the car, let's go." 

We all piled into one of the other trucks we had. The only reason why we took trucks is because it's mainly off road driving. All the way to the boundary line, I explained everything to them. They didn't really know how to feel about it, because they didn't want Zack to die, but they didn't want me to die, either. 

I parked beside Matt's truck and shut the engine off. We rushed out of the truck and walked over to where Matt and Val were standing. Matt had his arms crossed, "She just snuck him over the line." 

An exaggerated breath escaped my lips and I started to pace. I really hope this works, I can't lose Alex like this. I can't lose myself like this. 

A few minutes passed and Johnny groaned, heavily, "We can't just sit here." 

Matt spoke up, "Yeah, we can. If we can do this without causing a fight, then of course we can just sit here. That's not how we were brought up, incase you don't remember. Fighting is always the last option." 

Johnny rolled his eyes at the lecture he's probably heard a million times. Our fathers always made us follow that saying. It's actually a good thing, but when it comes to times like this, I actually wouldn't mind using violence first. 

We waited a little while longer and a gush of wind passed us. We all tensed up and looked. Everyone sighed in relief, except me when they saw Zack holding Riley in his arms. Val rushed over to them, making sure Riley was conscious. They were sitting on the ground with Riley's arms wrapped around Zack's neck like she was holding on for dear life. 

We all walked slowly over to them. Matt was the first to speak up, "Did they make it?" I tensed up, not knowing what that meant. 

Zack, who seemed to be breathing heavily shook his head, "No.. I tried to help, I really did, but my power was draining. Oliver stopped them and I knew there was no way I could carry two people." 

I wasn't quite getting it, so I turned to Matt, "What is he talking about?" 

"Izzy said there was a chance that she wouldn't be able to get Alex out, but Alex wanted to make sure Riley got out." Matt spoke softly at first, "They got caught." 

My emotions were running in overdrive, "So we can't save Alex?" 

Matt sighed, "I'm sorry, dude. There's just no other way." 

"Yes there is! If you think I'm just going to accept this and let her die & myself, you're out of your fucking mind!" I started walking towards the boundary line.

Matt grabbed my arm to stop me, "You'll get yourself killed!" 

I glared at him, "I'm going to die anyways, at least I can be with her when I die." I yanked my arm out of his grip and started walking. No one tried to stop me after I said that. 

It was quiet and I didn't know where Alex could even be, but that's when I felt it. Her emotions flooding through my body, jabbing at my heart, making the pace go out of control. There was so many of them, I couldn't even comprehend what she was feeling. We weren't close enough yet for our mate-ship to allow us to hear other's thoughts. I just tried to make her feel reassured  from my emotions that she would be okay. 

Once she felt that, I felt a vibe of happiness run through me, so I knew she knew I was here. I kept walking, but stopped when I heard someone behind me. 

I turned around and groaned when I saw Johnny, "What are you doing here? I don't need you getting yourself killed, too." 

Johnny walked forward, "Dude, I'm here for you. Maybe the guys forgot that we are a family, but I haven't. I'll always have your back." 

A small smile formed on my lips as I grabbed his head to give him a nookie, "Alright, short shit. Let's get my mate back." 

We headed further into the woods. I knew were getting closer, because her emotions were becoming more clearer to me. I stopped in my tracks when I heard her voice. 

Brian! 

I looked around, thinking she was by me, but it meant we were close enough to talk to each other in our minds. 

Johnny nudged me, "What is it?" 

"It's Alex, I can hear her now." I actually started to smile, I was feeling more and more complete. 

Alex, where are you? I'm coming to get you. 

Her fear radiated to my heart as she panicked. 

No, you can't. Oliver will kill you. She was looking out for me. 

I continued to walk forward, while keeping contact with her, letting her hear all of my thoughts. 

I'm going to die anyways, once the mate-ship rejects itself. At least this way I'll be able to die, feeling like myself.

She kind of understood and tried to make a mental picture to where she was at. I realized it was right by their mansion. Oliver was taunting them. I knew we didn't have much time, so I started to run, Johnny did the same. 

Just as we got to their area, I spotted Alex and Izzy, but Oliver was no where in sight. Alex was terrified. 

He's- 

I felt Oliver's grip on my shoulder as pain radiated through my body. I screamed in agony and I could hear Alex screaming out loud and in her thoughts. Johnny was trying to help me out, but this is Oliver's power. He finally stopped, but I felt a sharp object at my neck, "I think it's time we end this." He sneered. 

This was it. This was how it was going to end. 

"You come any further and he dies!" Oliver shouted and I realized Alex had ran over to us with Izzy. 

Izzy tried to reason with her brother, "C'mon, Oliver. Don't do this, it doesn't solve anything." 

Oliver tightened his grip around my neck, "You shouldn't be talking after you fucking betrayed me! You try to help them, that's fine. Just know that I can just kill them one by one." The knife was now pressing into my skin. 

For once in my life, fear consumed my body and I watched my whole life play before my eyes. My life didn't have meaning till Alex. 

I'm sorry, Alex. I love you so much. 

She watched my life flash before my eyes and it all happened in matter of seconds. It's not your fault, Brian. I love you too, Always have, always will. 

The knife made a small incision and I winced, praying he would do it fast. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to all be done with. 

"Oh my god." 

Those three words made Oliver let go of me as I fell to the ground. I placed my hand over the small cut he made. I looked up to see what was going on. Izzy and Johnny were standing in front of each other, just staring. Alex was smiled and I realized what was going on.

Oliver grabbed Johnny, "Get the fuck away from my sister." He went to use his power on him, but Johnny grabbed his hand and squeezed it. Oliver was hunching over in pain like he had me doing earlier. 

Then it hit me. Johnny's power was being able to take someone's power and use it against them. I couldn't stop smiling. 

Johnny finally let go of him, "You can't do shit to me, because I mated on your sister, so if you want to try and hurt my friends, go for it. I won't let you and if try to hurt me or kill me, your sister dies." 

Izzy smiled and grabbed a hold of Johnny's arm. She hasn't fully accepted the mate-ship, but it was obvious what she was going to choose. 

"Get the fuck off my territory before I do kill you all!" Oliver shouted out in frustration. He was literally fucked, his plan didn't work and probably will never work, now. 

Alex rushed to my side and helped me to my feet. She buried her face into my chest and I held her close. I was complete again. I had my reason to live, back and by the looks of things, no one was ever going to come between, again. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I have no clue where this came from.. And I don't know when the next update will be, but I'm actually looking for a co writer for this, so if you're interested, send me a message. =)