Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Nineteen

Alex's POV 

I could barely walk, courtesy of being away from Brian for so long. We both leaned on each other, walking towards the boundary line. There was this feeling in me, almost like I was whole now. Being apart from Brian left me broken, like half of myself was gone. It was so hard to explain, but I know right now, I haven't felt better in my whole life. 

Brian tightened his grip around me, knowing what I had just thought about. I was letting him hear everything in my mind, because it was the only way that it actually made it real for me. Brian knew this too, so he made sure he let me hear all of his thoughts as well. 

He was thinking about how the guys pretty much betrayed him. That they were a family, but they didn't even come to support him. Of course that made me feel upset, because he was upset about it. Another part of his mind was just thinking about how he just wants to go home and lock us in his room. Now that thought wasn't such a bad idea, I even told him I liked the sound of that. 

We were getting closer to the boundary line and Johnny was explaining everything to Izzy about the mate-ship. In reality, this was the best thing that could of happened to her. She's told me about the horror stories living with her brother and how she just wanted to escape. This was her chance and I know for a fact that she wouldn't have any trouble in accepting the mate-ship. 

Once we got to the boundary line, some faces came into view. I spotted Val hovering Zack and Riley who were both lying on the ground. Matt who was pacing, stopped when he saw us. It was like he seen a ghost. Jimmy was looking at Matt confused, but turned around to see us. 

"Oh my god." Were the words that he said, making everyone look at us. 

Just as we stepped foot back on Avenged territory, Jimmy pulled Brian and I into a hug, "I can't believe you guys are okay," He stiffened when he noticed Brian's neck, "Bri, you're bleeding." 

Brian nodded as Matt looked at him for an explanation, but Brian didn't even want to talk to him. He felt like Matt didn't deserve an explanation, since he couldn't help him fight for his mate. I was on Brian's side for this one, probably because I couldn't stand to see him hurt over this. 

Johnny, who was holding Izzy's hand took the role in explaining to the gang on what had happened. Val got up from Zack and Riley to check on Brian's cut. 

She put a little pressure on it, causing him to wince. It made me squirm, but he squeezed me hand to reassure me that he was fine. 

Val looked at Brian, "It's not that bad of a cut, Jimmy can heal you when we get home." Brian only nodded at this. 

I looked down at Zack and Riley. They both seemed to be half out of it, it was expected though. They were apart for too long, it almost made me feel bad. 

They'll be okay in a few days. Their mate-ship needs to repair itself, just like ours. Brian explained for me and I took that as comfort. 

Johnny finished explaining everything and Jimmy shook his head in disbelief, "That is so fucked up!" 

I, of course, figured he was talking about everything that happened to us and so did Johnny, "Yeah it is, but we're okay now." 

Jimmy continued on, "Short-shit got a mate before I did." This made me roll my eyes, but it did ease the mood. 

Izzy turned to Johnny with a small smile on her face, "You're not short, you're fun sized." Johnny blushed massively at that, causing a few of us to chuckle. It was cute, they were made for each other. 

Matt spoke up for the first time, "Let's get home and we can have a meeting in the morning. Jimmy help me get Zack and Riley in the car. We'll drive them home. You can drive the rest of them home." He seemed to be unemotional about the subject, which isn't really surprising, because he's like that sometimes. 

I watched as Matt lifted Zack off the ground and Jimmy did the same to Riley. They had to let go of each other to get in the truck. Once the hands let go of each other, an almost whine escaped both of their lips. Riley started to cough, so they hurried up and got them into the truck. Matt got in the driver's side and Val turned to us. 

She pulled us into an embrace, "I'm so glad you guys are okay!" Val kissed both of our cheeks and got in the truck with Matt. They took off and we all headed to the other truck. 

Jimmy got in the driver's side as Brian, Izzy and I got in the backseat. Brian would of offered to sit in the front, so Johnny could be by Izzy, but she hasn't accepted the mate-ship yet, so she didn't need to be as close to him as I need to be to Brian right now. 

"Well, fuckers. Ready to go home?" Jimmy asked. 

I turned to look up at Brian and smile. Where ever Brian was, it was home to me. 

We got back to the house and everything was starting to feel okay for me. I was on edge for a bit, but the more time I spent with Brian, the more I realized that I was okay. 

Once we got inside, Izzy and Johnny ran off, probably so Izzy could accept the mate-ship in private. Brian still hasn't let go of me since he got me, which I wasn't going to complain about. It was nice to feel his arms around my body. 

Val walked over to us, "Jimmy, why don't you heal Brian so they can go to bed." 

"Yes, Mom." Jimmy winked at Val, it only made her smile. Jimmy guided us into the living room and instructed Brian to let go off me and sit on the couch. 

He hesitated and I reassured him I would be okay. Brian did what Jimmy said and Jimmy put his hand on the cut. I watched his eyes go black, which made the memory of me hitting my head on the bathroom counter come haunting me again. That was when Greg manipulated my mind. I shook my head, trying to erase the thoughts. 

Jimmy finished up, "The cut was pretty deep, so you're going to have a scar. Or I'm sure Val has some lotion shit that will get rid of it." He chuckled. 

Brian just shrugged, indifferently, "It's a battle scar." 

"Alright love birds, go get some rest." Val announced, while walking into the living room. 

I looked up at Val, "How's Riley and Zack?" 

She tossed her head side to side, debating, "They'll be okay. It will probably take a few days, but they made it. No one was coughing up blood, so they made it just in time." I wasn't sure if I could believe that they would be okay. It was my fault they got into this predicament. 

Brian heard this and took my hand in his, "Let's go to bed." He got to his feet and we said a quick good night to Jimmy and Val, before he lead me up the large staircase. 

We passed my room and I started to think about it. I didn't really look at it as my room anymore. I knew that from here on out that I didn't want to be away from Brian in anyway, so it's not really my room anymore if Brian isn't in it with me. 

Once we were in his room, I sat on the edge of the bed and he let go off me, so he could take his shirt and pants off. If he wasn't my companion now, I would probably want to look the other way, but now I just watched him as he exposed his beautiful sculptured chest. 

I looked down at myself to see that I was wearing the same jeans and t shirt. I know all of my clothes were in my room, but I didn't feel like moving. 

Brian opened his dresser drawer to toss me one of his shirts, "You can sleep in that." I smiled and un buttoned my jeans and pulled them off. I pulled my shirt off, not caring if he was looking, because he had every right to look. I pulled his shirt on and it was like a night gown on me. 

He walked back over to me and took my hand into his. I could feel his love for me mesh with my love for him. It made our emotions almost electrify. Brian pulled me up to my feet only to place a finger underneath my chin. 

My body knew what was coming next and it was well over due. My heart started to beat erratically and he lowered his face. I felt his lips brush against mine, causing jolts of electricity to radiate off of me. Brian smiled, before crushing his lips against mine. My heart felt like it was going to combust from all of the feelings flooding my mind and body. 

Brian didn't waste any time in deepening the kiss. I parted my lips as his tongue slipped into my mouth. I could feel his warm breath enter mine, only to make my knees shake a bit. He took his other arm to wrap around my body, preventing me from falling. I pressed my lips more into his, showing him I wanted more. 

He carefully laid me on the bed without breaking the kiss. He was hovering over me as I let my hand trace his the muscles on his chest, almost like I was memorizing every piece of him. I bit down on his bottom lip causing him to moan in my mouth. That send waves of pleasure through my body. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer to my body. 

Brian slowed down the pace and the deep, passionate kisses turned into short pecks. He groaned while pulling away from me, only to lie on his back next to me. I noticed that he was now back to keeping his thoughts to himself. 

It bugged me a bit, not being able to know what he was thinking. Brian turned over on his side to face me, so I did the same. He reached out and took my hand into mine, "You don't know how bad I want this right now, but I want it to be perfect. We both are drained and it wouldn't be that great. I want it to be mind-blowing and special for you, so I need us both to be in good condition." He rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand. 

I was a little disappointed, but I understood that he wanted it to be perfect for me, so I couldn't really argue. I gave him a smile, "It's okay." 

He returned the gesture, "I'm sorry I made you excited like that, only to make us stop. I just can't help myself with you..." He let go of my hand to caress my cheek with his thumb. 

That made my emotions spike up again as I nodded my head, "It's okay, Bri, really. Let's just get some sleep now." 

Brian pulled the covers over us and he opened his arms up for me, which I gladly accepted. My back was against him, while he had his tattooed arms wrapped around me. We just laid there thinking about the past 24 hours and everything that took place. 

He opened his thoughts up again, knowing that it gave me comfort. I wasn't very good at keeping my thoughts to myself, so it didn't take much for me to open my thoughts up. 

Thinking about Riley and Zack made me feel horrible. It made me feel like it was my fault. I was the one that convinced them that if we went to School, we would be fine, but we weren't. Riley kept telling me it was a bad idea, but I wouldn't listen. Look where they ended us? We both almost lost our lives and our mates. 

"Alex, it's not your fault. You were doing what you thought was right. You had no clue that they would be at the school. Please, don't blame yourself for this." Brian spoke while tracing shapes on my arm. 

I bit my lip, as my eyes started to water up. I couldn't speak or I knew I would start crying. He buried his head in the crook of my neck, "Lex, don't cry, please don't cry. I promise you that none of this is your fault. You shouldn't even think about it right now. Everything is okay now, we're okay, and they'll be okay, too." 

"Yeah, but you won't talk to Matt." I stated as a tear rolled down my cheeks. 

Brian let go off me, "Turn over." I did what he said, knowing he wanted to look at me when he was talking. He reached out and wiped the tear off my cheek, "Me being mad at Matt has nothing to do with that. None what so ever."

I objected, "It does, Brian. Don't you see?! If I never left my mom's house. If I never convinced Zack that we would be safer at school, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Everything would be okay. Nothing would of happened to us." I started to sob. 

Brian felt my guilty and sad emotions. It made him feel upset, "Baby, you gotta stop this, okay? Please just let the past be the past. Let's just concentrate on the future, Just you and I, okay? You and I.." He pulled me into his arms while I cried on his chest. 

He rubbed my back soothingly and it did help for a little bit. I felt his emotions and me feeling like this was tearing him up. I knew that I couldn't make him feel hurt over this like I did. It wasn't fair, so I took a few breaths, calming myself. I listened to the beat of his heart and it sounded like a lullaby. My eyes were getting sleepy. 

"I love you, Alex." He knew I was about to pass out. 

I opened my mouth, with my eyes closed, "Love you, too." I was falling slowly into a deep sleep as Brian tightened his grip around me. I was almost out, but I heard Brian say, "I'll make sure everything is okay." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay another update! I'm getting my inspiration back! Also I'm going to need a character for Jimmy's mate, so if you want to be the character or make a character, send me a message. Whoever messages me first, I'll go with. (: