Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Two

Alex's POV

I felt the heat of someones hand on my forehead. I groaned slightly and the movement was gone. I let my eyes flutter open and I saw the guy that I just met, Brian looking down at me worriedly. I squinted and sat up slowly.

"Matt, she's up!" He called out of the room and seconds later Matt came walking back in. "Good to see you're up now. I know this is all a bit overwhelming."

I cocked an eyebrow at him, "A bit?"

He chuckled, "Well, I'm going to let you talk with Brian. He's going to answer all those questions you have floating around in your head, or if you don't feel comfortable around him, just come fine me." Matt said while walking out of the room.

Brian sat down next to me, "So, what's the first question I can answer?"

"Why am I here?" I asked while looking around the big master bedroom.

He scratched his face, "I'm pretty sure Matt told you why, but I'll re-explain. You're my mate. We made the connection when you were 3 years old, You can't live without me, and I can't live without you." He practically said the same exact thing Matt said.

I was still so confused, before I said anything he cut me off, "I know. It's really confusing. I guess I'll explain to you the whole history, then." It was like he could read my mind.

Brian exhaled before starting off, "First you're probably wondering how it's even possible to have a Mate. Well, I'm in a circle with Matt and some other guys. By circle, I mean it's like we're almost like witches, but I can assure you that we are not some lesbo girls that fly on a stick." He said and that made me chuckle for some reason.

He smiled at me, before he continued. "I've been in the circle for about 40 years." I started to get confused, because he only looked like he was in his 20s. Brian chuckled. "I don't look 40, because I'm not. When you're in the circle, you stop aging at the age of 21. Now that, that stuff it out of the way. Onto you." He smiled while I waited patiently for his to explain.

Brian rested on his elbow so that he was laying down. "I met you at the beach when you were 3 years old. I was the second person to get my mate, Matt got his first. When I saw you playing in the water giggling, my heart tightened up, and you made eye contact with me. You then stepped on a rock and started to cry, I immediately wanted to go over to you, and make your pain go away. Matt noticed and restrained me. When we got home, you were all I could think about. I also didn't understand how I could mate on a 3 year old. The others tried to comfort me, but it wasn't working. Matt went to talk to your Mother, and explain to her what was going to happen if you didn't come to me in the future."

My mind was litteraly blown to what he was telling me about. He took another breath and continued. "She wanted to know how much time she had left with you, and Matt told her 10 years at the most. I was shocked that you lasted 14 years, it might of been because you were so young, and didn't really understand that feeling you had inside of you. Bascially now that you're with me, you can't be away from me longer than 72 hours, or you'll start to have a coughing spell that leads into you passing out, and you soon die." That kind of made me shutter.

Brian smiled apologetically, "Sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out."

I looked up at him confused, "Can you read my mind?"

He chuckled, "No and yes. I can't read your mind right now, but I can feel your emotions. I can read your mind if you push yourself to let me, just like you can read mine."

"Do I feel you emotions?" I asked not really understanding this.

Brian shook his head, "Not yet. As soon as you except the mate-ship, you will."

"Mate-ship?" I raised my eyebrow.

He chuckled once again. "It means that as soon as you realize you can't live without me, and you accept that, you have kiss me. Then, you'll start feeling everything I feel, and we can read each other's thoughts when we let each other."

Wow, I have to kiss him to accept that I will die if I don't stay with him. This is kind of making me mad. I didn't choose this. Brian must of noticed the spike in my emotions. "You don't have to accept this right away. You have a week to decide."

I scoffed, "A week? What if I don't accept it?"

I noticed Brian's face kind of droop. "Then you die."

"Do you die too?" I asked.

Once he gave a nod, I sighed. I didn't want to die, at least not this young. I didn't really feel like talking to him anymore. I just wish there was someone that I could talk to about this, that wasn't Brian. "Follow me." Brian got off of my bed.

I mentally kicked myself, knowing Brian can feel my emotions. I followed him out into the big hallway. We down this huge, massive staircase. As soon as we got to the bottom, he guided me into a big living room where Matt and 3 other guys were.

The tall one stood up and walked over to us, "Hey Brian, and hello Miss Alex. It's so good to meet you now." He pulled me into a hug and It made me laugh. I didn't even know him, and he was hugging me.

"I'm Jimmy." He said while letting me go. I nodded and he pointed out to the 2 guys on the couch. "The short one is Johnny and the one with the snakebites is Zack, or Zacky." I gave another nod, not feeling really comfortable.

Brian looked at Matt, "Where's Val?"

"Outside working on her garden." Matt said and Brian guided me down through the hallway, and into the Kitchen. He opened the patio door and we stepped outside it. I wondered who this Val person was. Brian called her name out and a blonde came forward. She was really pretty.

She noticed me, "Hi. You must be Alex, it's so nice to meet you. I'm Valary, but everyone calls me Val." She gave me a big smile, it actually was really comforting.

Brian scratched his neck, "Well, I guess I'll leave you two to talk." I started to feel bad, I shouldn't of felt like that, but Brian patted my shoulder, "It's okay." He went back inside and Val guided me over to a nice table.

We both sat down and she smiled at me, "So how uncomfortable did you feel?"

"Extremely." I grimaced.

She nodded, "So did I, I'm just happy I'm the only girl in the house now."

I started to feel more at ease knowing she was here. "How old were you when-?"

"I was 12. I was at a park when we made the bond. I felt so weird inside, I didn't know what was happening. As soon as Matt left, I started to have that same coughing spell you had. I think I must've coughed for like 5 hours. My parents didn't know what was wrong with me, but Matt came and explained to them what was wrong, and as soon as he walked into my room, the coughing stopped. I got to say bye to them, and I haven't seen them since." She explained.

That made me feel kind of lucky that I didn't have to leave when I was 3. "Do you miss them?" I asked her and she nodded, "Everyday."

"So was it like weird between you and Matt? What about the mate-ship? Brian said-"

She cut me off, "In the beginning I wouldn't go anywhere near him. I was petrified of him. With me feeling that way, it was killing Matt on the inside. I wouldn't accept the mate-ship. I didn't want to kiss a man that was like 30 years older than me, so I was just going to let myself die. I lasted 2 weeks, and the night it got really bad, Jimmy came into my room, and begged me to accept it. He said he didn't want to see me or Matt die because of this. I was so weak, but I told him I would. When Matt walked into my room, he looked horrible, almost worse than me. He asked me if I was okay with it like a million times. I told him yeah and we kissed. " She said with a smile on her face, like she was remembering the kiss.

"The rest is history." I heard a deep voice behind me. Matt appeared and sat down next to Val giving her a nice, passionate kiss. They looked so happy together. I started wonder is Brian and I would ever be like this. Did I even want to be like this with him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated! <3 Btw, I changed the name from True Meaning of Love to Signals Of Love. Just so you know. :) Thoughts on this chapter?

Thanks to the following who left comments:
XxYouhadmeathelloxX
KillJoySynner
RedundantWhatsername
Mayhem17
RazzyVengeance6661
You guys rock! <3