Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Twenty

Alex's POV

Morning came a little too fast for my liking. I probably wouldn't of even woke up if I didn't hear Brian's thoughts running through my head. He was having a conversation with Matt and it wasn't exactly going well. Brian was trying to keep his thoughts covered, so I didn't have to hear them, but he was getting so angry, I don't even think he realized that I could hear him.

I sat up in his bed and stretched my muscles out. A slight cough escaped my lips, only making myself groan. I was going to have to deal with that for a while, since I was away from Brian. I rubbed the sleep out of the corners of my eyes and I felt Brian get really angry, like scary angry. I started to get afraid and confused. I wasn't sure what was going on and I wasn't sure if I should go check.

The next thing I knew, the door was open. Val walked in slowly and noticed I was awake, "Oh, you're awake, good." She smiled softly at me.

"What's going on down there?" I questioned, with a yawn following it.

She gave an almost apologetic smile, "They're just talking, but Matt wants to see you. Just know whatever he says to you, he's just looking out for the saftey of everyone, okay?"

That made me confused as ever, but I nodded, "Alright. Where are they?"

Val pointed downwards, "They're down in the living room. You go talk and I'll make some breakfast."

She left the room and I grabbed a pair of Brian's sweatpants to put on, so I wasn't just in a shirt, even if it was like a night gown on me, I wouldn't feel very comfortable wearing that in front of Matt. I headed downstairs, trying to figure out why Matt needed to talk to me. Brian seemed to of calmed down a bit, but he's blocking his thoughts again, so whatever it is, it can't be good.

I got in the living room to see Brian pacing and Matt looking out the window. Brian stopped once he saw me. His whole mood changed, it got happier within seconds. He didn't waste any time in pulling me in for a kiss. It wasn't nothing too big, just quick peck to the lips. Brian also wrapped his arm around my mid section, "Mornin', how'd you sleep?"

"Great," I said with a smile embedded into my face, "How bout' you?"

He kissed my temple, "Better since you were by my side."

Matt turned around and decided to interrupt our little talk, "Alex, we need to talk about a few things."

Brian stiffened up and started to glare at Matt, "I thought you said we could just drop it?"

"Once I talk to Alex and if she thinks the same way, then sure, we can drop it." Matt spoke, while keeping an eye on me.

I was so confused, so I looked up at Brian, "What's he talking about?"

Matt spoke up, "You can tell her if you want, Brian. Or I can, whichever you prefer."

Brian sighed and turned his head, so that he was looking at me, "Matt wants to experiment.."

"With what?" I asked, while looking at Matt, who didn't seem to change his facial expressions.

He took my hand into his hand as he continued to talk, "With us," Brian exhaled loudly, "He wants to see how long we will be able to go apart until the mate-ship starts to rejects itself-"

Matt cut him off, "I only want to do it, because we need to be ready just in case the Declan Clan want to attack again. We need to know how long it can go for."

I didn't really the idea too much. I looked over at Matt, "Why does it have to be Brian and I? Why can't it be you and Val? Zack and Riley? Hell even Johnny and Izzy?"

Brian nodded, agreeing with me, "Exactly what I said."

Matt rolled his eyes at Brian, before sighing, "Alex, you know if you would of listened to directions, none of this would of happened right? I mean I think you kind of owe us, since you put all of us through hell."

That made me angry. Brian was starting to feel the same way, he took a step forward, "What the fuck are you trying to do, Matt? Guilt her into it? You know that none of that was her fault. They would of found them regardless if they were at the School or her Mother's house. She doesn't have to do this if she doesn't want to. You might be the leader, but you can't tell my mate what to do, and you know if she doesn't want me to do something, then I have to listen."

"Will you do this for me or not?" Matt asked Alex, trying to completely ignore me, "If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be in this right now."

I honestly did not know what to do. Matt was right, this was my fault, but I also couldn't take Brian being so angry. I rubbed my forehead and just as I was about to give my answer, Jimmy, Johnny, and Izzy came running in.

"Zack and Riley are puking up blood!"

Matt didn't even hesitate in running upstairs. We all followed him up to Zack's room. Once we got inside, it was not a pretty sight. There was blood all over the floor that was mixed with puke. It looked like it was mainly coming from Zack.

Val had just rushed in with towels, she was trying to aid Zack. Izzy stepped in to help with Riley, who looked like a ghost.

"What's happening to us?!" Zack whined out, before puking more toxins up on the floor. Val tried to calm him down and sent a look toward Matt. She obviously told him something in her head, because he stormed out of the room.

The scent and sight of the blood was starting to make my stomach turn. Brian guided me out of the room where we found Matt pacing.

Brian was the first to speak, "What the fuck was that?" He gestured to the room that looked like a massacre had happened in there.

Matt shook his head, "I don't know. It can't be their bodies rejecting the mate-ship, because they made it with a few hours to spare.." He trailed off.

Seeing them like that made me feel scared and it made my decision on Matt's experiment. I was not going to risk it if that, what is happening to Zack and Riley, could happen to us. Brian was eying me, because I was keeping my thoughts closed off. He didn't need to hear my worries right now.

Matt spoke up again, "You know what have to do, right?" He was asking Brian, who didn't seem to be catching. I was just as lost as he was.

"We have to go the Elders."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short chapter! I already have someone for Jimmy's mate and I apologize to everyone else who was just a tad bit late. :( I'm looking to have the next update out soon(:

What does everyone honestly think of this so far? Do you think Zack and Riley are actually dying? What do you think the 'Elders' will have to say about this?

All feeback is appreciated! <3

Love you guys.