Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Twenty One

Alex's POV

It was about noon, when Matt, Jimmy, Johnny, and Brian left the house to go speak to the Elders. Zack and Riley, finally stopped puking up blood, but now, they couldn't even keep their eyes open. Their bodies were so weak.

I was in Brian's room laying on the bed, I wasn't sure how long they were going to be gone, but I was hoping that it wasn't for long. Even though, it didn't hurt having Brian away, since he was only a half of a mile away, I still craved having his arms wrapped around me.

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts, "Come in!" I shouted, knowing that it was probably Val.

Sure enough, I was right. She walked in with Izzy following her. Val smiled at me, "How are you doing, Alex?"

That made scoff, "Me? I'm fine. It's Zack and Riley that I'm concerned about."

Val only sighed when she heard that, "Honey, you can't blame yourself for what's happening to them. It was not your fault. It was nobody's fault." She tried to convince me.

Part of me wanted to believe her, but the other half wasn't letting me. I just nodded in response, deciding to drop that subject.

Izzy spoke up, "You do realize that if you guys never ended up in my brother's mansion, then I would of never met Johnny."

Val smiled and nodded, "That's true," She turned her head in my direction, "See? Everything happens for a reason. I'm sure Riley and Zack will be okay. The Elders will know what to do."

I still didn't exactly know who the elders were. I remember Matt telling me stuff about them, but I can't remember. Val noticed my confused expression and decided it was story time. Both Val and Izzy sat on the bed, explaining to me who exactly the Elders are and what they can do.

The Elders were actually just the Father's of the guys. That's how the guys formed their circle was because, they were following their Father's footsteps. Val said that once your kid forms a circle, you start to age, slowly, but by the time you're 100 years old, you'll look like you're 50. And if you don't want kids, then you never get older. Apparently, the Elders have this strong power that if they fight anyone, they'll win. Which is why they've kept the Avenged land for so long.

"How are they going to know what to do to help Riley and Zack?" I asked, still wondering how this would all happen.

Izzy sighed, "Alex, the Elders have been around for over a century. My Dad is 120 years old and he only looks like he's 55. If they have been around for that long, then they most likely have encountered something like Zack and Riley's problem, don't worry. They will be fine."

I exhaled loudly and laid back on the bed. I just wanted everything to be back to normal. Was that so hard?

Brian's POV

After getting a lecture about not asking for help, when the Declan Clan had Alex and Riley, they started to ask questions about Riley and Zack.

Matt answered them all, making it really pointless for the rest of us to be here. I was zoning off into my head, anyways.

"Junior!" My Dad shouted, causing me to snap my head towards him. He pointed his finger at me, "This is about Zack, he's your brother. You're all family, so I don't think day dreaming is going to help."

I sighed and leaned back into my chair, "I've had a rough few days, okay?"

Gary, Matt's Dad, nodded, "Very well, but I'm sure everyone here has dealt with the same, so it would be in your best interest to pay attention."

I rolled my eyes, when Gary turned away. I hated how similar he was with his son. They both acted like they were the boss all the time.

After we described to them what exactly what Zack and Riley were doing. Joe, Jimmy's Dad, had another question, "Since their reunion, have they kissed?"

I started to think about it and I didn't see them kissing. Jimmy turned to Matt and shouted, "I told you so!"

Matt rolled his eyes, "I didn't know, fuck. I thought that they would just need to hold onto each other, so what's wrong then?" He asked the Elders and I shook my head in disbelief. I couldn't believe that this was his fault.

All the elders turned to Vince, Johnny's Dad. He sighed and looked at Johnny, "This actually happened to your Mother and when we first met."

Johnny frowned, but stayed concentrated, "What did you have to do?"

"We had to drink each other's blood."

We all frowned and gaped at them in shock. Matt got angry, "We're not fucking Vampires!"

Gary rolled his eyes, "No you're not, but a mateship is a bond between two people, when it's broken, the only way you can repair it is by drinking each other's blood."

"They got to each other in time, so I thought they didn't break the bond." I stated, confusedly.

John, Zack's Dad nodded, "They made it, but didn't do anything to fix it. They didn't kiss, so the bond didn't get repaired by their saliva. Now the only way to repair is by their blood."

I wrinkled my nose up in disgust.

John motioned to us with his hand, "Now go on, go save my boy."

Gary agreed, "We can have another meeting once Zack is up and running again."

With that, we headed back home.

Alex's POV

I was laying on the bed with my eyes closed. Resting was all I could do at the moment. I started to feel Brian's emotions. He missed me.

I wonder if she's asleep. Brian said in his thoughts. I didn't bother responding.

The door opened and closed. Not even a second passed, when I felt someone lay on the bed. I peeked one eye open to see Brian getting under the covers. I shut my eye and heard him chuckle.

"I know you're up."

I mentally rolled my eyes, while fully opening my eyes to look at him. He was smiling. His emotions matched his smile.

"You're cheery." I commented, not really feeling his vibe.

Brian shrugged, "Zack and Riley are okay, I have you by my side, I'd say I have a lot to be happy for."

Hearing the first part made me smile, "They are? What did you have to do?"

He grimaced, "Long story and a disgusting one at that."

I frowned, but he cupped my face with his hands before I could question him about it. His lips attached to mine, making an electric shock shake through my body.

Brian moaned into my mouth and pulled away, only to kiss the tip of my nose lightly, "That will never get old."

"Never." I breathed against his face.

He wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me onto him, so we were laying down. I started to realize that I love just laying with him. It makes me feel safe and loved. Brian had the power to make every worry in my head go away.

I felt him tighten his grip on me, making me snuggle closer to him. My body was feeling more at ease and I was beginning to feel tired.

"Alex!" Someone shouted and threw the bedroom door open.

That made me jump out of Brian's arms to see who was standing there. I got the biggest smile on my face when I seen Riley. She looked good. Her face was no longer pale and it almost seemed like nothing even happened to her.

I got off the bed, no longer feeling tired, and rushed off the bed to pull her into my arms. "I'm so glad you're okay, Ri!"

"Alex, I'm glad you're okay! I can't believe all of this happened! Izzy is Johnny's mate now? I've missed so much! I really just want to thank you though." Riley admitted to me.

That made me shake my head in disapproval as I let go off her, "Riley, there is nothing to thank me for. I did nothing. If anything, it's my fault you got involved in all that."

She scoffed and shook her head, "Alex, don't you dare blame yourself! Whenever that scumbag came in to hurt me, you always risked yourself to save me, Alex, you're the one the kept me alive. Thank you!"

"N-" I tried to object.

Riley wouldn't let me, "Alex just fucking say you're welcome, please!" She ended with a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes, but sighed in defeat, "You're welcome."

Zack walked into the room, looking like himself again. He wrapped his arms around Riley's shoulders, "I was wondering where you went."

Riley smiled and leaned herself into his body.

Brian finally got off the bed, "Zack, it's good to see you alive again. I was kind of getting disgusted with the zombie Zack."

He rolled his eyes but nodded, "Yeah, it feels good to be myself again. Matt told me that we have to meet up with the Elders."

I frowned and looked up at Brian with a questioning gaze, but Brian chose to ignore it, "Yeah, but don't worry about it right now. Just concentrate on you and Riley."

Zack shrugged and kissed Riley's head, "Sounds like a plan to me." He slipped his fingers through Riley's, "Why don't you go lie down in my room? I'll be there soon."

They shared a short kiss and Riley left the room. I tensed up, knowing Zack wanted to talk to us about something. I couldn't help, but think it was going to be something bad.

Zack looked at me, "Alex, I want to say thank you for helping Riley when I couldn't. That means a lot to me. I also don't want you to blame yourself for this. Let's just move forward from this, we're all okay, we should be happy."

That relieved me a bit, "No problem and you're right."

He gave me a reassuring smile and turned to Brian, "I want to apologize for all the shit I gave you. It wasn't your fault, it was no one's fault."

"Dude, don't worry about it. I would of acted the same way I understand." Brian said.

Zack put his fist out, "Still buds?"

Brian bumped his fist with his own, "Forever."

After Zack finally left, we were alone again. I felt good knowing everything was okay now. It seemed like I had almost forgot what that felt like. Brian decided to go shower and I stood by the window, just staring out into the yard. It was getting dark, signaling night time.

I started to see a shadow and frowned, trying to figure out what is was. A gasp escaped my lips when I saw Oliver standing there with a smirk on his face. All the pain that I felt because of him came flooding back in memories.

Brian was at my side in seconds, "Alex?"

I couldn't tear my gaze from the window, but then Oliver disappeared. I closed my eyes, feeling tears squeeze past. Brian wrapped his arms around me, "What's wrong?"

"Just remembering some memories that I don't want to remember." I half lied.

Seeing Oliver did make those memories flood back, but I didn't want Brian to know that I saw him. He doesn't need to worry about another thing. I know it was Greg that made me see Oliver, he was just trying to make me scared.

Brian smoothed down my hair, "Nothing will ever happen to you again, I'll be sure of it! I won't let anyone take you away from me, okay?"

I nodded into his chest, "Okay."

If only I could believe him. The Declan's aren't going to stop and it worries me to think of what next they could possibly do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoaa, I can't believe I'm writing again. It feels really good!

I wish this chapter could of been a little better, but I really wanted to get it out, because it's been so long.

I also I would like to thank everyone who has messaged me or left me comments telling me how much they missed this story. You guys are my inspiration! I'll try my very hardest in updating more.

A have a couple new characters that are going to be revealed very soon, so look out for that! =)

Also, please give me your feedback! I know this was a rushed chapter, but I would still love to hear your thoughts. (: