Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Three

Alex's POV

Matt cleared his throat, "I guess I'll tell you what Brian didn't get to. You know that were in this circle, right?" I nodded and he continued, "Well we have this power that we were all born with. It doesn't become active until you hit 16. The guys and I became a full circle at the age of 17. Some kids that have power have to go and find their circle. We were lucky, because we were all friends."

I got a little confused, "How did you know you belonged together?"

"Our Fathers told us, because they were apart of a circle too. We got all the history from them. Now, onto the power." Matt said and adjusted himself, "What our power can do is pretty much anything, but you can tell when we use it because our eyes turn black."

Matt then looked at the chair next to me and almost studied it. I watched his eyes go all black and the chair moved back a little. I was shocked when I looked back at a smiling Matt. He chuckled, "Oh believe me, there is so much more I can do. I just didn't want to scare you." He winked at me.

I got back on the subject, "So is there like any limits on it?"

He nodded, but shrugged. "Kind of. If I'm using my power in a fight, my energy weakens, and it takes awhile for me to recover. Well actually, that doesn't happen to me, but the other guys it does." Matt said and I gave him an eyebrow raise.

"When we formed our circle we all got a special ability. For me, it's my strength. I can use my power all day and not loose any energy. Brian is able to manipulate people emotions. He can make them feel happy when they're sad, but one person his ability doesn't work on, is you. The special abilities we have don't work on our mates." He explained.

I started to get more curious. "What about the others?"

Matt scratched his arm. "Jimmy can heal people, so if you get hurt, he can cure you. Zack has speed. He can run faster than any of us, and Johnny, well we haven't figured out what his is yet." He then chuckled.

"Wait so, Brian said you guys stopped aging at 21, so I'm going to be like 80, and he's still going to be the same?" I asked. If that's true, that is going to be so un-fair.

He let a laugh out, "No. Actually once you accept your mate-ship, you will stop aging when you hit 21 too." I frowned and Val butted in. "So, technically I'm 25."

I nodded, "Wow. This is so much for me to take in." I thought out loud.

Matt agreed. "I know it is, but you know Brian isn't going to hurt you. He's your mate, he loves you. You're the only girl in this world for him. Please, don't take longer than a week to accept it. It'll kill both of you-"

Val cut him off, "Once you accept the mate-ship, you're going to look at Brian differently. Right now, you probably don't even care about him. As soon as your accept it, you'll feel all of his emotions, and realize why you guys belong together."

I bit my lip wondering, if I should just accept it now. Matt pulled me out of my thinking, "Don't just do it because we're telling you. Do it because you want to. It'll be better in the end."

"So, can I still go to School?" I asked, changing the subject.

Matt nodded, "Of course. Jimmy and Zack went to get all of your stuff from your house now, oh and your car." He said while grabbing a hold of Val's hand and putting it in his lap.

I sighed, "I know this sounds bad, but I don't really want to be here."

Val looked at me, "Hun, I know exactly how you're feeling right now. It'll get better with time."

Matt agreed, "You're safe here, Alex. No one can hurt you, Brian wouldn't let that happen. If anyone tries to hurt you, he can sense it. I actually had to stop him a few times over the years."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Really?"

He nodded, "Oh yeah. Like a couple months ago, you were at School, and I have no clue what happened, but you got scared or something, and Brian took off for you. Zack and I had to literally drag him back here."

I tried to think of what happened and then I remembered. "This Senior was messing with me and wouldn't leave alone." It was a lot worse than that, but they didn't need to know that.

Matt sighed. "I figured it was something little like that, but there was no telling Brian that. Here, I'll show how fast he'll be here." I frowned as he stood up and walked next to my seat.

He put his hand on my shoulder, "Don't try to hide your feelings. I'm going to do something, and you're probably going to get scared, but that's good, because I want to show you how Brian can feel that." I nodded and Val gave me a reassuring smile.

Matt pulled a pocket knife out of his pocket and put it to my neck. "I'm going to slit your throat." He said calmly and I thought he was serious, "What?!" Fear radiated through me and within seconds I felt the knife go away.

I looked around and saw Matt on the ground and Brian was standing over him, "What the hell?!" Matt laughed, "Calm down, killer. I did that to show her that you can feel her emotions."

Brian seemed to relax and walked over to me, "I'm sure Matt and Val gave you the whole mate-ship talk, but don't listen to them. If you don't want to accept it, that's fine. I'm not forcing you to do this. Yeah, I die, but I rather die than force you into something you don't want."

I almost wanted to smile. Brian was a real sweetheart, maybe if I accept it this won't be so bad. Matt and Val said it gets better as soon as I accept it.

"Your stuff is in your room now." Jimmy said while entering the patio.

I decided to go up and check to see if they got everything. When I got up there I found bags, and boxes. I started to put things away and I found a picture of my Dad and I. Tears started to fill my eyes. He died when I was 9. I wish he was still here. Maybe if I don't accept the mate-ship I could be with him? I just shrugged and put the picture on the end table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated! <3 Thoughts?

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
KillJoySynner
Mayhem17
XxYouhadmeathelloxX
LittleRedRiddingHood
RazzyVengeance6661
jessicalareathompson
You guys are amazing! <3