Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Five

Alex's POV

It was going on a week. I haven't accepted the mate-ship, and I didn't plan on doing so. I've become so weak that I couldn't go to school, or even get out of the bed. Every now and then I would get some coughing spells, but Val would give me some pills that would make me sleep.

She isn't happy with my choice, but she understands it. She knows what I'm going through, and supports me no matter what. I just wish everybody else was like that. Matt comes in every day and practically yells at me. He usually gets half through before Brian comes in and drags him out. Even the rest of the guys have tried talking to me, but I won't listen.

I felt another coughing spell come on, and Val entered with a couple of pills. She handed me them with a glass of water and took them. She sat on the bed, "Okay, hun. It's been 7 days, are you sure you want to do this?" She asked.

I gave a stiff nod, "Yes." My voice was all raspy.

Val's mood seemed to sadden, "Okay, but just so you know it's going to hurt us to see you go."

I gave a shrug and the pills seemed to kick in and I closed my eyes.

I woke up and I saw white everywhere. I frowned and stood up. I saw a man and I realized it was my Dad. "Daddy!" I ran for him and he pulled me into his arms, "Hey sweetie."

He let go of me and I looked up at him, "Am I dead?"

"No." He chuckled, "You're dreaming, and we need to have a long talk."

I frowned, "About what?"

My Dad crossed his arms, "Well for starters, I am not going to let you kill yourself."

"Dad, I want to be with you." I said almost in a whine.

He nodded, "I know you do, but it's not your time now. Brian will take care of you, Allie."

This made me upset, "You know him?"

"Yeah, I knew Brian for awhile, before you guys even had a connection. When I found out you had a bond with him, it made me happy to know you would have a great guy to take care of you. Your Mom didn't want to give you up though, but Matt said you could last 10 years. I was surprised you lasted 14, though." He explained.

I shook my head, "I didn't choose him though. I barely know him, and I'm bound to him for life."

My Dad chuckled, "I know, honey, but Brian isn't a bad guy. This isn't the worst thing to happen to you. Hell, this is probably the best thing to happen to you. He loves you, and you'll love him too if you give him a chance."

I shrugged, "I don't know if I want to give him a chance."

He sighed, "Alex, please just accept the mate-ship. Once you do, you'll realize that Brian loves you so much, and you'll think the way you were acting was stupid. Everything will get better. He'll be there for you, whenever you need him."

I rubbed my face, but nodded. "Okay, I'll accept it."

My Dad smiled, "Good." He then kissed my forehead, "I love you baby girl. You'll see me sometime in the future." I smiled, "I love you too Daddy."

I woke up from coughing. I couldn't stop, so I reached for the water that was on the end table and drank it. It helped the coughing die down a little. I felt myself get a little nervous to what I was about to do. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to him.

"Brian." I tried yelling out, but it came out in an almost whisper.

He appeared by my side within seconds. I took in his sight, and he had bags under his eyes. It looked liked he hasn't slept in days. His hair was all messy. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I.." I couldn't think of how to word this. I tried again, "I accept it."

Brian frowned, "Did Matt talk you into it? Alex, I'm okay with this. It's what you what, don't let them talk you out of it."

I shook my head, "I want to, Brian. It's my choice." I said, which was the truth. I was kind of still unsure about it, but I knew that I didn't want to die now.

He took a deep breath and exhaled, "Okay. Are you ready to accept it now?"

"Well if we wait any longer, I'm probably going to be dead." I said.

Brian chuckled, "Right." He sat down on the bed next to me, and lowered his face. My heart started to beat faster and I started to get nervous. He smiled, showing off his perfectly white teeth. "Don't be nervous." I rolled my eyes knowing he could feel my emotions.

He gazed into my eyes for a brief moment, "You're sure?"

"Yes, Brian. I'm positive." I said kind of getting irritated.

He rolled his eyes and lowered his head again. His lips were inches away from mine. He pulled back again, "Alex, Are you really sure about this?"

"God Dammit!" I almost yelled as I put my hands on both sides of his face. I pulled his face down and crushed my lips against his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, and filler chapter. Yay, she accepted it! : )

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
KillJoySynner
foreveraoutcast
Mayhem_
XxYouhadmeathelloxX
amandap
catcraz826
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
RazzyVengeance6661
You guys rock! :D