Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Six

Alex's POV

I only thought soul mates were real in fairy tales. I never in a million years believe that I would have one. Once our lips touched, I felt a whole rush of emotions flood through me. I didn't think it was real at first. I realized that they weren't my emotions, they were Brian's. Love. Passion. Nervousness. I think I was the nervous one, not him.

He pulled back and looked into my eyes. I was stunned to what just happened. "Whoa." Was all I could say. Brian felt the same way. "I've been dreaming about this day for years, and I never pictured it to be so amazing." I actually agreed with him on this, It felt amazing.

I started coughing and I looked at him worried. "I thought I accepted it?"

Brian felt my worry and put a hand on my arm. "You're still going to feel a little off for the next couple of days. Your body has to get used to not shutting down. It needs to re-cooperate. As long as you don't leave me for the next two days, you should be fine."

For once I was actually okay with it. I get it now, I can't live with out him, and now I'm started to wonder if I even want to live without him? Why am I thinking that? I've only known him for a week. How could I feel like that already?

He must of noticed my spike in emotions, because he grabbed my hand. "It's still going to be pretty overwhelming. You'll get used to being able to feel my emotions. It will confuse you for awhile, but once you get used to it, you'll be able to tell your emotions from mine."

I gave him a nod, and felt kind of nervous because I just kissed him. I had no clue what was suppose to happen next. Are we suppose to be dating now? Or are we just friends? I started to feel stupid for not knowing the answers to those.

Brian started laughing and I looked at him confused, "What?"

He smiled, "Your emotions are all over the place. You were nervous, and then you felt stupid. What's wrong?" His chocolate eyes met my blue eyes.

"Um.." I didn't really know how to ask it, and I started to get embarrassed.

He was still holding my hand, so he gave it a little squeeze. "You can tell me anything, you don't need to be embarrassed about it. You're still new to this."

I took a deep breath and exhaled. "Okay, um. Are we suppose to be like.. dating, now?"

Brian chuckled, "That's what you were embarrassed about? I thought you wet the bed or something." That made me laugh, and he continued. "It's all up to you. Whatever you want me as, I can be. If you just me as a friend, I can deal with that. If you want me as a companion, I can be that too. It's all up to you, you're my Mate; I do whatever you want me to do."

I started to think if I just wanted to be friends with him or what. He looked at me, "You don't have to choose right away. Hell you don't even have to choose. You can just live life the way you were before you came here, except you can't be away from me." He smiled.

His smile was adorable.

Brian chuckled, "Thank you."

My face started to get red, "I thought you couldn't read my mind?"

He shook his head, "I can't, only when you let me, and you let me hear that one." Brian chuckled and I looked down at the bed embarrassed. I think your smile is adorable as well. I realized his voice popped into my head, and I looked up at him to see him smiling.

I chuckled, and he helped me get out of bed. "C'mon, let's go show the other's you didn't die."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I'm sorry. /: I'm still trying to figure out how this story is going to go along.

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the last chapter:
catcraz826
Tickle Me Sara
caitlinstarz
SevenfoldGirl_
Mayhem_
LittleRedRiddingHood
amandap
KillJoySynner
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
RazzyVengeance6661
You guys are some pretty amazing people. ♥