Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Seven

Alex's POV

Brian lead me into the living room where everybody was sitting. Everyone's heads popped up when we walked in. They all got smiles on their faces when they saw me. Jimmy was the first to run over to us, "Oh my god, you accepted it! This is so fucking awesome!"

I chuckled at how crazy he was acting. He then gave me a big hug and twirled me around. Brian laughed, "Jimmy. Put here down, she's still kind of weak." He said which was true.

Jimmy sat me back on my feet, "I'm sorry, Doll. I'm just so happy that you're alive."

"What about me?" Brian asked.

Jimmy just waved his hand in front of his face, "Shh.. No one cares about you Bri."

The other's laughed at this, and Jimmy grinned at him. "You know I love you Brian."

"Yeah, yeah." He said while taking a seat on the chair.

Zack came over to me, "So what made you change your mind?"

I shrugged, "I'm not really sure, I just knew that I didn't want to die. I don't know why I wouldn't just accept in the first place. It's not bad or anything, I actually kind of like it." My face turned pink at admitting that I liked being Brian's mate.

"Yeah, now you see. Too bad, you didn't see Brian over the past week." Matt said in a pissed off tone. Brian gave Matt a look, but he just shrugged. "She deserves to know. Every night Brian would cry, and scream. Your emotions were eating him alive. You don't know how it feels to have someone's emotions ripping, and gnawing at your heart. It's like someone is stabbing you. Plus, Brian had to deal with you rejecting the mate-ship, so he would have coughing spells. Now, that you're all smiley and happy, just remember what you put him through." Matt stormed out of the room.

I started to feel extremely bad. Brian stood up, "Hey.. don't worry about it."

Before he could continue, I wanted to take a breather, and let this digest. I walked out of the house, and let Brian know that I was going for a walk in my thoughts. He didn't respond back, so I just kept walking.

I felt like shit. I let Brian suffer through all of that. I was selfish. Now, Matt's pissed at me. This just keeps getting better and better. As I walked down the road, it started to get dark. I sighed, knowing I should turn back. My feet kept moving though.

A guy in his mid twenties was walking towards me. I was confused, but he smiled as he approached me, "Hi, what are you doing out here at night?"

"Fresh air." I said while studying him. He was in dark blue jeans, with a black hoodie on.

He crossed his arms, "Well I think you should head back."

"Wh-" I looked up into his brown eyes, and I watched them turn black. I then realized he was like Brian and the others. I heard a loud crunch, and then a tree fell next to me. Fear coursed through me, and I turned around to start running.

As I ran, I glanced back to see if he was still there, but he wasn't. That made me more scared, and then I bumped into something. I screamed, and realized it was Brian.

I put a hand on my heart, and started to catch my breath. Brian got worried. "What happened? Why were you scared?"

"I saw a wild animal." I lied, of course. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to tell Brian this.

He chuckled, "I'm sure it was more scared of you than you were scared of it. C'mon, it's dark. I don't want you walking alone at night." Brian held his hand out, and I grabbed it without second thought.

All the way back to the house, I kept thinking about that guy. I was being careful to make sure Brian didn't hear that. When we got back inside, the guys were in the living room wondering what happened.

Brian laughed, "She saw a wild animal."

They all chuckled, and I rolled my eyes, "What? It was big!"

"Sure, it was. It was probably a rabbit." Zack said with a smirk planted on his face.

I crossed my arms, while they all picked on me. Except Matt, he still was no where in sight.

Val entered, and smiled hugely when she saw me, "Alex! I'm so happy you changed your mind. It's good to have another girl in the house. You can help me keep the boys in line." She gave me a hug.

"We're not boys." Jimmy stated.

"And we don't need to be watched." Johnny added.

"We're men!" Zack said with a grin on his face.

Brian nodded his head in agreement, "Men, who don't need to be told what to do, by girls."

Val smirked, and looked at me. I know what she meant, and I looked over at Brian. "Can you get me a glass of water?" I asked with a smile on my face.

He gave me one of those adorable smiles, "Sure." He walked off.

Zack groaned, "Awh, c'mon! That's not fair! You're his mate! Of course he can't say no to you."

Val crossed her arms, "Zack, go clean your room. It's a filthy mess."

He shook his head, "Nope. I don't need to listen to you."

"1." Val said while tapping her foot.

Zack smirked, "That ain't going to work on me."

"2." She said, and Zack's smirk was still planted on his face.

"thr-" She was about to say and Zack disappeared up the stairs in a flash. It made my hair blow around. I forgot that he's the fastest. Val smiled at me, "Works every time." She looked back at Johnny and Jimmy, "Do I have to count to 3 with you guys?"

"No Ma'am." They chorused together, and walked upstairs.

Brian came back and handed me a glass of water. He looked around, "Where'd everyone go?"

Val smirked, "Cleaning their rooms."

He chuckled, "You're such a mom to them."

She nodded, "Just be lucky I don't have to be like that with you." She said and walked out of the living room.

I was starting to get tired. "I'm sorry." I said while looking up into Brian's eyes.

He frowned, "For what?"

"Taking so long, making you suffer through all of that. I feel so bad, I don't deserve you. I really don't." I said while looking at the floor.

Brian sighed, "Alex, don't worry about it. All that matters is that you accepted it, and we're both alive and well. I don't care if I had to go through some obstacles to get here." He grabbed my hand, and linked his fingers through mine. "It was worth it."

I started to feel the love, and I realized that it was his emotions. It felt nice to feel that. I was starting to understand what he saw in me. I looked at him, and smiled. He really was a great guy. I just wish I wasn't selfish in the beginning.

A yawn escaped my lips, and Brian chuckled, "C'mon, I'll take you to your room."

I didn't feel like walking, too tired.

Brian grinned, "Fine. I'll carry you." I then realized I let him hear that. I had to be more careful with that. He slipped his arm underneath my legs, and behind my back. He carried me up the stairs bridal style.

We got to the top where Jimmy was, "Awh, you two love birds are adorable."

My face turned red, and I buried my head into Brian's shoulder to hide it. Brian laughed and kept walking. Once we were in my room, he laid me down onto the bed. He pulled the blanket over me, "Goodnight."

"Night." I smiled, damn he was really good at making me smile. I wonder what he would do if we kissed again. Brian smirked before leaning down. He gave me a soft peck on the lips, "Sleep tight." He winked, and left my room.

I really needed to get a control on that mind hearing thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, everybody had been asking for longer chapters. I'm sorry the other ones were really short, it was because I wasn't exactly sure how this story was going to pan out, but now I know. So you should see more updates and longer chapters soon. :)

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
Mayhem_
undead;
catcraz826
RazzyVengeance6661
SevenfoldGirl_
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
Mari_Raven
synsbumbum
Avenged foREVer
MissCassy
lovelyavenger
You guys rock! :D

P.S I want to clarify that this isn't a werewolf or vampire story. It's just a supernatural story. They just have powers, and they have a circle. It's almost like their witches, but they're not. If that makes any sense, I just want to assure you guys that there will be no werewolves or vampires in this story.