Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Eight

Alex's POV

"Well looky here, we meet again. Did that tree not scare you enough?" The hooded stranger smirked at me. I couldn't move, I was frozen. He seemed to noticed, and chuckled. "Maybe this will do the trick." His eyes went black and lights were flashed onto me.

The guy disappeared and a car was coming at me, full speed. Still not being able to move, I just started screaming at the top of my lungs.


"Alex!" I heard someone call my name, but I kept screaming.

They tried again, "Alex, c'mon. Wake up." I finally stopped screaming and opened my eyes. I sighed in relief when, I saw Brian hovering over me. It was just a dream. I had to keep telling myself. It was just so scary, though.

Brian noticed my emotions, and he started to feel bad. "Alex, it's okay. It was just a dream, you're safe. No one is going to hurt you. Do you have any idea why you would have a dream about getting hit by a car?" He asked confusedly.

I bit my lip, "How did you know?"

"You let me hear it through your thoughts. I was sleeping, and an image of you standing in front of car coming at you full speed, woke me up. I ran in here right when you started screaming." He explained while sitting on the side of my bed.

I ran my hand threw my messy hair. "I don't know, but it was scary."

He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles, "Hey. I won't let anybody hurt you, ever. I don't know why you had that dream, but whatever the reason is, I'll protect you from it."

That made me smile, Brian was such a sweetheart. It made me feel safe. He seemed to noticed and gave me one of his signature smiles, that made my heart skip a beat. "Try to get some sleep now." He lowered his head, and let his lips touch my forehead.

I felt a course of energy go through me, and it made me shutter, but in a good way. I was still pretty freaked out from that dream, I didn't really want to be alone, but I didn't want to bug Brian. I watched him stand up from my bed, and I was really wishing I could just ask him.

Will you stay with me? I pushed my mind to let him hear. I kind of felt weird asking him this, because we barely know each other, yet I'm in love with him. Did I just say that? I questioned myself, and Brian brought me back to reality. "Sure."

He crawled onto the bed, and laid next to me. For some reason, my heart beat quickened, and I started to get nervous. I started to bite my lip, knowing he was going to question me about being nervous.

Brian took me by surprise, and pulled the covers over us. He grabbed my hand. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said, while my heart beat was being so loud. I bet the whole house could hear it. Brian didn't let go of my hand, and I was glad he didn't. Soon, I started to relax, and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

Morning

I woke up to my alarm going off. A groan escaped my lips as I leaned over the bed, and hit the off button. It was 5:30am. I haven't gone to School in a week, and I decided today was the day I needed to go back. I turned back over and saw a sleeping Brian.

A smile crept onto my face, as the thoughts of last night flooded through my mind.

He looked really cute and adorable when he slept.

"Stop looking at me, while I'm sleeping. I don't care if I'm cute." His lips moved, but his eyes stayed close. My face turned red, now realized I let him hear that. I really needed to get the hang of that.

Brian finally opened his eyes, "Since you woke me up, good morning."

I frowned, "Sorry, I didn't realize I let you hear that."

He chuckled while sitting up. "It's okay, don't worry. You're just lucky, you're you. If it was any of the guys, I would of beat them senseless."

That made me laugh, and I sighed. "I got to get ready for School."

"You don't have to go." Brian said while linking his fingers through mine. That seemed to be our thing. We always held hands, and I actually liked it. It made me feel comforted and safe.

I shook my head slightly, "I want to."

He nodded, "Alright, but can I drive you at least?"

That was a good compromise, so I agreed. "Yeah."

Brian let go off my hand, and left my room, so I could get changed. My hand was feeling cold now, that he let it go. I changed into a pair of jeans, and a band t shirt. I slipped my converse on, and put my hair into a pony tail. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Once I was finished, I grabbed my book bag, and walked downstairs to find Brian waiting for me. He gave me a small smile, as he opened the door for me. I went out it, and followed him to a garage. He punched a code, and the door opened.

My mouth dropped opened, when I saw a whole bunch of cars. There was a mustang, camaro, Ferrari, corvette, and dodge truck. There were some other cars, that I didn't know the names of.

Brian chuckled, "So which one you wanna take?"

I just looked at him, "I can't choose."

He lead me to the black mustang. "She's my baby."

We got into the car, and the engine roared to life. It felt pretty amazing to be riding in a mustang. He got me to School in about 10 minutes. I thanked him for the ride.

"No problem, have a good day. I'll be here to pick you up after." He grabbed my hand to give a squeeze. Just that little squeeze would make my heart beat a million miles an hour.

I got out of the mustang, and walked into the school. I sighed as I walked to my locker. I did my locker combination, and opened it up. I grabbed my books for my first class, and shut the door. I jumped when I saw a guy leaning against my locker.

"Hi, there. We meet again, huh?" It was the same guy from last night, and my dream.

I gulped before turning around to head to my class, but he stopped me. "Hey, wait. I never got your name." His grin was making my stomach turn.

"Fuck you." I said while running out of the school instead of going to class.

Brian, come back. Please, I don't want to be here. I yelled in my thoughts, hoping he wasn't too far to hear. I waited, and sighed in relief when his voice came into my mind. I'm coming.I walked farther away from the school just in case that guy was following me.

The mustang pulled up beside me, and I jumped in it. Brian noticed the fear in me, and looked at me worriedly. "Alex, what happened?" Instead of telling him anything, I just had the need to kiss him. I crushed my lips against his, almost like the first time.

He seemed surprised at first, but gladly returned it. I felt his emotions mix in with mine, and it felt amazing. Just being able to feel what someone feels for you, is amazing.

Brian was the first to pull back, "As much as I want to keep going, I want to know what happened. Why are you afraid?"

I sighed, "It's nothing. A kid was messing with me, and I panicked."

"That fucker! Who is he? I'll beat his fucking ass!" Brian went to put the mustang in gear, but I stopped him. "Brian, it's fine. I just wanna go home." I said which was the truth. If that guy was going to be at my School, then I never wanted to go back there.

He took a deep breath to calm himself, "Alright." He put the mustang in drive, and took off. I looked out the window, still feeling on edge. I needed to find out why that guy keeps showing up like that. It was scaring me to even think about it. I was careful not to let Brian hear it.

Brian must of noticed my emotions, because he grabbed my hand, while still holding the steering wheel with the other. It helped relax me, and I started to feel bad. I was lying to Brian, and I don't even know why.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to following people who left comments:
Avenged foREVer
lovelyavenger
gothique4
RazzyVengeance6661
Mari_Raven
DaRkAnGeL448
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
XxRebeccaLeexX
You guys are pretty amazing! <3

Also, I thought it would be sweet to have an update on Brian's birthday! ;D

Happy 31st Birthday Brian Elwin Haner Jr! ♥