Status: Slowly coming off Hiatus...

Signals of Love

Chapter Nine

Alex's POV

The ride back home was silent. I didn't say anything to Brian. He tried to talk to me, but I would just shake my head. I guess, I was acting like a bitch, but I just really didn't want to talk about it.

As soon as we got back to the house, I went for the stairs, but Brian stopped me. "Alex, something's wrong. What happened? What did the guy say to you?"

I shook my head, "It's nothing. Don't worry about it, Brian."

"No, I am going to worry about it. You're upset over this, I'm not just going to let it slide." He said while putting a comforting hand on my shoulder, except I didn't find it comforting.

I shook it off, "Well, you're going to have to! I don't wanna talk about it!" I snapped at him.

He tried again, "Alex you're feeling-"

"Brian! I don't have to explain every god damn emotion to you! God, you're smothering me! I can't do or say anything with out you wondering what it's about! I'm sick of it!" I walked back down the few stairs and walked out the front door. I slammed it in the process.

I started walking the same path I took yesterday, know that the guy was at the School, so I didn't really have anything to worry about. I started to feel bad for yelling at Brian like that. If he knew why I was stressed out, he would understand, but I just haven't found the right time to tell him.

Walking gave me time to think to myself, carefully not to let Brian hear. I started to feel guilty, but it wasn't my emotion, and I sighed knowing it was Brian's. He thinks this is his fault. I'm the one that snapped at him, he should be angry, not guilty.

I decided to go back to talk to him, but as soon as I got back to the house, Matt was standing outside the front door. He had his arms crossed over his chest, "You can't just run off like that."

"I was just walking, what's the big deal?" I asked while shrugging.

He scoffed, "The big deal is, it makes Brian feel like shit because, he thinks he did something wrong."

My bitchy side seemed to keep coming out today, "Well I'm getting sick of you telling me what to do, and telling me how Brian feels. If he feels this way, then he can tell me. I don't need a fucking messenger." I walked past him and made sure to bump his shoulder in the process.

I heard him growl, and that totally wrecked my mood. I didn't even want to talk to Brian now.

I needed to calm down, I needed to just relax.

A bath started to sound really good to me right now. I walked up the stairs, and passed Brian's room. I noticed the door was closed, so I just headed into the bathroom. I started the water, and put some bubbles in there to make it soothing. I stripped out of my clothes and got into the tub.

Laying in the hot water felt extremely relaxing to me. It helped my nerves. I laid in there for about an hour, and once I started to get pruny. I figured it was time to get out. I pulled the plug on the top and stepped out of the tub, while wrapping a towel around my body.

I walked over to the mirror, and screamed when I saw the hooded guy, I kept seeing. He was grinning and I was about to run to the door, but I slipped and hit my forehead on the edge of the counter. "Fuck!" I said as I fell to my knees. I pressed my fingers to it, and found blood.

There was a knock at the door, "Alex, are you okay?" Brian asked.

"I'm fine, Brian." I said while standing to my feet, looking around. Feeling like an idiot when I didn't see the guy. I must be going insane. I looked back in the mirror to see blood trickling down the side of my face. "Son of a bitch." I muttered.

Brian groaned, "Alex, you're hurt. Let me in."

I sighed, but unlocked the door. He walked in and didn't even seem to care that I was only in my towel. He examined the cut by pressing his fingers on it. "Damn, that's deep. What happened?"

"I slipped and fell." Which was the truth.

His facial expressions softened as his gaze met mine. "You gotta be more careful."

That made me nod, and he grabbed a wash cloth. He pressed it against the cut, which made me hiss in pain. He smiled apologetically. "Sorry, here." He grabbed my hand and put on the wash cloth. "Change into some clothes and then I'll have Jimmy come look at it."

I gave him another nod, as he walked out of the bathroom. I changed into my clothes real quick, and pulled the wash cloth off to look at it again. It looked really bad, I was probably going to have to get stitches. I walked out of the bathroom, and walked into my room.

Brian walked in with Jimmy trailing behind him. Jimmy instructed me to sit on the bed, and I did. He pressed his fingers gently on the cut, and I winced in pain. Brian clenched his fist, and I again forget he could feel what I felt.

Jimmy's gaze met mine, "I'm going to heal you, okay? It won't hurt or anything."

I hesitated, not sure if I wanted him to, but Jimmy smiled. "I promise it won't hurt."

That made me give in, "Okay."

His fingers were on my forehead and I watched Jimmy's eyes turn black. Fear raced through me, because it was reminding me of the hooded guy. Brian was at my side in seconds, and he grabbed my hand. Jimmy dropped his hands, "All done."

I pressed my fingers up to my forehead, and found no blood on them. I smiled up at Jimmy, "Thank you." He ruffled my hair, "No problem, be more careful next time." He walked out of my room leaving Brian and I alone.

Brian, who was still holding my hand gazed at me, "Alex. Why were you scared?"

"I thought he was going to hurt me." I lied, still not knowing why I was keeping this from him.

He shook his head, "No, this was deeper than this. It was like someone was about to kill you. You know you can tell me anything." He tried playing that card.

That made me sigh, "It's nothing, Brian. I'm fine." He was about to object, but I cut him off. "I'm kind of tired, so can you leave so, I can go to sleep?" Brian's gaze stayed on mine for a second, but he nodded, while letting go off my hand.

He walked out of my room, closing the door behind him. I laid back on my bed as a tear rolled down my cheek. Why couldn't I tell him? I sighed, and laid on my side to face the wall. I was going to have to tell him sooner or later. The one question that was haunting me the most was, what does this hooded guy want with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, an update 2 days later? Get used to it, I'm going to try to update more often. ;D

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
XxRebeccaLeexX
KillJoySynner
RazzyVengeance6661
Avenged foREVer
catcraz826
Mari_Raven
You guys make my day! :)