Love Through a Lens

two.

She forgot about that first picture until she went through her camera memory to find her pictures for her photography project.

The picture shouldn't have made the impact on her the way it did; when she took the picture, she forgot about it almost immediately. Sure, he was pretty; a lot of people at school were aesthetically gifted. She didn't notice anything special about them.

It was the picture that caught her eye, rather than him in it.

The lighting brought out the subtle definition of his cheekbones, of the curve of his upturned mouth as he smiled at some off-camera subject. It lit up his hair, giving it a more golden hue than its normally sandy appearance, and his eyelashes cast long shadows down his face, eyelashes that were longer than she thought could be natural. His eyes were soft, a pleasant contrast to his strong jawline.

If she had seen a picture like that in a show, there would be no way to tell that it was candid. It looked professionally staged, and was just as naturally breathtaking as a professional photo.

So she kept her camera closer at hand in school.

And Valerie didn't forget about any other picture of KC again. She simply couldn't.