Status: Writing. Ideas welcomed.

Traveling Backwards

Chapter 2

Ryder didn't seem to notice the two intruders. I glanced over at Lurk who seemed to have noticed. I sometimes forgot he could read minds--or maybe he had just looked outside?
"Jaydee?" Sage's quiet voice averted my eyes from the window, "Are you feeling okay?" Her concern voice and gently spirit made my stomach twist into knots.
"Not really. I think I need some air," I half lied.
"We'll take her home," Lurk murmured, grabbing my arm beneath the elbow and yanking me towards the door.
"C'mon, Ryder!" I called looking over my shoulder. He bounded over to us.
"Hey! No goodbyes?" Xavier asked, frowning. I knew what Xavier was thinking. He knew something was up. But before anyone else could protest, we were out the door and heading for the elevator.
Lurk pushed me inside along with Ryder.
"They're here,” I growled, suddenly concerned for my friends' well-being. Neither of the guys seemed to hear me.
I felt a familiar sensation creep up on me. "Something's wrong with Wol--,"
A stabbing pain silenced me, throwing me to the floor--my side burning. Had Wolf just cut himself?!" I thought. I had felt this before. But it was different on earth. The burning pain sent everything into a blur and I felt like I was falling.

---XXX---

When I awoke, I was in a dark room with a small light coming from a flashlight propped up. Lurk was sitting beside me--his eyes trained on a door. I sat up and exhaled, "Where are we?"
"A shed." he stated bluntly.
"Anyone know we're here?" Might've been a stupid question, but I needed to know.
"The family isn't here." Lurk stood. "Ryder's inside collecting food."
I call that stealing… I thought to myself.
As if on cue, Ryder poked his head in. "Those humans have one scary-ass dog." His breathing was heavy.
My stomach growled. Fortunately, they had plenty of food so we filled our bellies.
"I need bloodddd" Ryder whined, glancing in my direction.
"Don't look at me,” I hissed, covering my neck with my hands.
Ryder pouted--but I could tell he wasn't gonna try and snack on me.
It was still late so I curled up again and closed my eyes and drifted into an uncomfortable sleep.
Wolf. Kaige. Jayleen. My friends. These things whirled through my head. When would this shit end?

---XXX---

I was moving when I woke up. Someone was carrying me… Lurk was carrying me. He was running through the yard of the house with the shed.
"The family is home," Lurk explained, getting a better grasp on me.
"Did they see us?" I asked, suddenly wide awake.
"I don't think so, Ryder got out faster. I made sure to get you first."
"Thank you," I breathed, leaning my head against his broad shoulder.
When we were a safe distance, Lurk let me carefully get on my feet.
"Where are we supposed to stay?" I asked, frustrated. We probably should've planned these things before jumping into a black soupy portal.
Lurk shrugged.
"When we find Ryder, we can figure it out," he said.
I sighed and held my side, which still kinda stung. Ugh. Wolf. I didn't even want to think about him. When he asked me to marry him, I was really stressed out, still am. Doesn't mean he had to return the ring. I just told him 'not yet'. That meant later was still a possibility. I'm only sixteen. Even though he's immortal...I'm still sixteen.
"There you guys are!" Ryder called to us from across a silent street. There was a gas station to the left of him, little family-owned shops to the right. I knew exactly where we were, and it wasn't far from my old house. But by now, another family was probably living there.
"Ya'll walk slow," Ryder teased, crossing over to us.
"Sorry. So where are we going to stay?" I questioned, impatient to have this issued resolved.
"Jayleen and Kaige followed us here," Lurk blurted out, ignoring what I asked.
Ryder tore his gaze away from me and locked it on Lurk. His eyes widened. "What?!" he exclaimed, "Why? When? How? That's not good, not at all...they're here to replenish their supply of human blood, I just know it and...and...Did you tell her the rule, Lurk?"
"What rule?" I asked.
Lurk turned to me, but didn't maybe eye contact.
"When something--or someone--from hell returns to Earth, even for a short time, they have to take a human back with them."
♠ ♠ ♠
first half written by ForeverFugitive
second half written by tdg-addict
just fyi.
:D
comments are wonderful things<3
and all of our subscribers get cookiesss
(not really but you should! tell mibba.)