Status: In progress, hopefully week by week updates(:

The Call of a Lifetime

Chapter 1

“Well, that’s it!” I said to myself as I press the submit button on the last day of the “Win a Call with 1D” contest.

“I know I’ll probably never win, but it’s got to be worth a try, right?” I asked one of my best friends, Felicity.

“You’re right. Because I’m going to win and Harry is going to fall in love with me because I’m a sexy beast.” Felicity stated.

“Oh, really?! I’m pretty sure he’ll want to marry me!” Roseanna countered.

“NO! He’s definitely mine. I’ll win him over with my ninja skills, Harry likes cats, cats have ninja skills, I have ninja skills, and therefore Harry will love me.” Julianne jumped in with as everyone started laughing.

It was then that the unusually quiet Audrey spoke up, “Okay you guys, the drawing’s tomorrow, let’s make a pact that if one wins the call, then they’ll let the other girls sit in, even if they don’t say anything but hi.”

“DEAL”

“DEAL!!”

“deallio”

“ditto”

They all spoke with different levels of enthusiasm before turning to the other member of their group who didn’t respond. They turned to see Kate as always staring blankly at her phone.

“I’ve got this.” Roseanna whispered.

“HEY OH MY GOSH, ROSS IS STANDING OUTSIDE,” she said very loudly, looking out the nearby window.

“HOLY CRAP, WHAAAAT?!” Kate practically jumped up from where she was sitting.

Audrey spoke up once again, as the rest of the girls laughed at Kate, “Uh… just kidding, but we wanted to know if you’d like to join our pact, for the One Direction call?”

“Umm, yeah sure,” Kate said with one of her signature smiles and thumbs up.

Right as she did, One Direction’s Up All Night video popped up on the TV and all the girls tuned into watching it.

“Can you imagine what it would be like to meet them?” I asked, in a dazed sort of state.

“Yeah, I can, they would be screaming and running from you and we would be chasing you screaming “ELLA KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF!!” just kidding babe,” Felicity made a winking gesture at me before I glared at her.

As the boys started to sing the chorus I turned my attention back to the music video. I just can’t wait for tomorrow.

*************************************************************************************

I sat straight up in my bed as a strange feeling crept through my body, I glanced at the clock 1PM?! How could I have let myself sleep this late? The boys would be announcing the winner in an hour! I bet the girls were already here! Sure enough, when I threw on my clothes and sneaked down the stairs I found five teenagers sitting in my living room.

I took note that Felicity had her stunning red hair pulled back into a ponytail which was unusual for her. Roseanne’s brown locks were falling down over her shoulders with the messy part as always, Audrey had her’s swooped back with a couple of pretty pins in her gorgeous naturally curly locks. Julianne’s coal black hair was slid into a side pony with a few pieces hanging out the side and Kate’s brunette perfectly straight hair was pulled into a side pony as well. The next thing I noticed were their outfits, they had all dressed as well as they could to look like their favorite 1D member. I suppressed a laugh. Sometimes they could be so strange. I decided to go back up and change into a striped shirt and red pants to go along with my friend’s trend.

As I went back down the stairs, I peeped around the corner once again before entering the room. “Well I see you guys didn’t have any trouble getting in.” I remarked sarcastically because they all knew where the spare key was and we practically broke into each other’s houses all the time.

“None at all babe,” they chimed simultaneously back to me.

“Sleeping beauty has arisen!” Roseanne exclaimed before looking at my own messy clump of brown curls. “Woah, Beauty here didn’t have time to do her hair!” she teased as the other girls burst out in laughter.

“That’s so hurtful, I thought you said the other day that I’m beautiful, just the way I am.” As soon as the words escaped my mouth, I knew I shouldn’t have referenced the song. I now had 4 off key soloists singing Bruno Mars to me. I looked at Julianne for help, I used my weak ASL knowledge to sign to her S.O.S. but she just shrugged and laughed as the other girls sang.

As the song finally drew to a close I clapped as loudly and as dramatically as I could.

“Thank you, Thank you, we do take donations.” Roseanne said in a ringmaster like voice.

“You guys are absolutely insane,” I laughed out.

“We know, you drove us there,” Audrey said in the preppiest voice she could muster, this set off another set of the giggles.

After we finally caught our breath and drew our giggle fit to a close I decided I was hungry and headed over to the kitchen, “Anybody else want some food?”

“Me!” they all chimed.

“Nutella sandwiches sound good?” I knew what the answer to this would be.

“Yes” “Yes” “Yes” “How about ham for me?” “uhh, I’ll just eat some chips”

Roseanne always wanted ham, Kate never ate anything nutritious. “Well come help yourself, Kate. Roseanne, do you want anything besides ham on it?”

“Whoooop! I love the chips your mom keeps in the house.” Kate yelled as she came running over to the kitchen and opened the cabinet where we kept all the chips. “I’m in heaven!” she exclaimed.

“Uh, okay… But Ell, I want mayo on my sandwich please.” Roseanne said as she stared at Kate confusedly.

“Yes your majesty” I say sarcastically as I begin to laugh at the expression on Felicity’s face changed to one of utter disgust.

“EWW! Who likes mayo?”

“I do obviously,” Rosie said in the snobbiest voice she could muster.

“Guys, guys,” I took a minute to catch my breath from laughing before continuing; “We’ve got to pull it together, they guys make the drawing in less than 20 minutes! I need an assembly line over here, all my people, get over here and make your sandwiches!”

“Yes mum.” 3 out of the 4 girls still in the living room said sarcastically before running over and grabbing at the bread and knives to make their sandwiches with.

“You okay Jules?” I asked the quiet girl still seated on the couch who seemed to be zoned out, while I spread the Nutella on my sandwich.

“Hmm, what?”

“Deep in thought or did nobody tell you we’re having Nutella ?” I asked a bit worried, she’s usually the first up for a Nutella sandwich.

“Just thinking, but now that you mention it, I do want one of those!” Julianne said as she jumped up and ran over to the kitchen, where she started to grab my sandwich before I scolded her, “Hey now, just cause I was worried about you doesn’t mean you get to steal my sandwich.”

“Danggit! Why don’t you love me?!” she asked over dramatically while pretending to cry.
“You’re not fooling me with that, now go make your own sandwich so we can eat before the boys do the drawing!”

“Okaaay!” she said in her quiet like voice before grabbing a knife and starting her own sandwich.

“Hey Ell, what kinda chips… oh never mind, Kate’s got them all out.” Felicity started to ask before looking over to see Kate sitting on the floor surrounded by all our chip bags.

“Seriously Kate,” I asked before walking over, grabbing one of the bags and making my way back over to the living room. “Hey, when you finish your sandwiches, stick the dishes in the sink and the stuff back where it goes and you can move over here.”

As each made their way over one by one, we sat and ate in almost silence, all of us probably thinking about the drawing to be made within the next ten minutes on Twitcam. As I finished engulfing my sandwich I opened up my laptop, throwing my cord to somebody to plug it up, unfortunately it was received it by smack to the head with an “OUCH” coming from I think, Audrey. But I paid no attention after that, because as I logged onto twitter I saw that the boys already had a Twitcam up and were live. I quickly opened it to gaze at them, before making it full screen and telling the rest of my crew.

“Oh my God, Liam!” Audrey yelled immediately.

“NIAAAAAAAAALLL” I heard Kate’s squeal come from over my shoulder.

“HARRRY” Rose, Juli and Felicity yelled all at once.

“Ahhh, Lou.” I said softly, gazing at the extremely handsome boy.

Right as I said that, Zayn reached over and started to poke Harry’s face, setting off a jolt of laughter from all of us. We quieted down as they started talking.

Liam started, “Well I guess we know why you are all here today, are you guys ready for this contest?”

Louis stared at Liam blankly a minute while the other boys were going on with yelling and going on about being pumped for the contest. “Liam… I think we all know that it’s not the phone call that they’re here for, but it’s for Harry’s sexiness.” Louis said this as he leaned back from his position on the row above Liam to put his arm around Harry and stroke his hair.

“Lou, I think you’re right, look at all those tweets coming in… 1directionlovelies: LARRY STYLINSON ALL THE WAY!!!” the rest of the boys laughed as Zayn did his best fangirl impersonation as he read a random tweet.

“Well loves, it looks like it’s almost time, we have about one minute.” Liam said, bringing the boys back down from their spill of laughter. “Niall babe, would you hand me that container with the slips in it?”

I glanced around at my friends, everybody was now zoned in, I whispered quickly “Niam!” as I stuck my tongue out at Audrey before turning back.

“Well guys, my watch now reads 2 PM” said Lou while looking at his blank wrist.
I laughed; boy did he always make me happy, even when he had no idea!

“Wait, I’ve got the countdown going on my computer,” Liam said before clicking a few buttons.

The boys all stared intently as Liam seemed to be moving between tabs and programs to find his count down. “AHH here it is!” he announced, sitting back proudly.

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!!!” The boys counted off before screaming in as many different keys on the last number as they could.

“I WANNA DRAW!” Harry screamed grabbing at the container.

“Woah there, I say that we let the oldest pick. Okay guys?” Liam stated, always the sensible one.

“Ahhh, spoil sport, kill joy!” all the other boys jumped in with.

“Whoooooo hooooo!” Lou yelled before fishing his hand into the bucket Liam was holding with all the names in it.

He tilted his head up, and kept swishing his hand around in the bowl for about a minute before grabbing one. He pulled it out one, I swear my heart stopped, I looked around at my friends, the looks on their faces were frozen, I could tell they probably were not breathing either. This was it.

“And our winner is…” Lou said in his show host like voice. “Erm drumroll please…”

The boys all started at once. Their offbeat fast drumming was going as fast as my heart beat, at that moment, I felt a different hand squeeze both of mine and I looked to see that everyone had grabbed each other’s hand and were squeezing so hard their knuckles were turning white. I have to say mine were the worst. My heart thud as Lou began speaking once again.

“AND OUR WINNER IS… ELLA SCOTT!!!!”

All the boys jumped in with “whoo hoo” and “yay Ella”

Nothing had prepared me for this, I had no hope of winning. Before I knew it, I had fallen back off of my seat. THIS meant that I got a phone call from One Direction… This was unbelievable; this had to be a dream. And with that thought I fell into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, this is the start! I promise I'll finish this chapter tomorrow, but it's 12:30 AM and I have school tomorrow, I hope everyone enjoys it so far though (:
(new night)
Okay, just finished this chapter, I'm trying to figure out a better name for the story, so if you have any suggestions leave them in the comments or tell me if you like the name how it is! Well I hope you liked this chapter! I will hopefully be posting the next, this weekend or next week! Hope everyone enjoyed it, comment and let me know!(: