Status: In progress, hopefully week by week updates(:

The Call of a Lifetime

Chapter 2

I heard whispers. My head was pounding with a headache. I finally was able to focus my hearing onto the whispers just as someone, I’m pretty sure Kate, said, “Maybe we should pour water on her?”

“KATE!” This was Audrey, scolding as usual. “She passed out, you pour water on people if they’re asleep and you don’t want them to be.”

“FINE then, ruin all the fun.” Kate replied, shortly.

“How about we kill her and answer the call ourselves then?” Kate said, still trying out ideas.
It was then Felicity interrupted, “I don’t know about ya’ll but I say we slap her. It’s not like she wouldn’t do it to us.” No doubt about it, this was Licity.

“Oh come on, just shake her,” this was Audrey again.

I lay there a second thinking, “Why am I asleep and where am I? Why were all the girls here?”

I felt a hard poke in my side, I burst out in laughter and immediately sat up. That was definitely Rosie. As I finally regained my composure, I looked up to see my computer sitting in front of me, One Direction’s Twitcam up, but the video gone. It all came rushing back, I won the phone call. I won the contest.

I looked around at my now silent friends and was greeted by equally excited stares. My first intelligent words of choice were, “No… Way…”

I was answered by excited nods of yes, all while trying to hold in screams.

“Oh MY GOSH!” Now it was time to fangirl. I was joined by screams coming from the other girls who were now grabbing me into a huge group hug.

“Hey Ell, after they announced the winner and you passed out, they said they were emailing you, to set up a time for the call!!!” Audrey announced.

“OH MY GOSH… I’m gonna check my email right now.” I practically scream as I reach over to my laptop, grabbing it and pulling it over in my lap before signing into my email to hear, “You have 3 unread messages,” come blaring out my speakers.

I quickly opened my inbox, “Oh my gosh! How long was I out, cause they’ve sent three!”

“No way?!” I heard screams from behind me, then hands trying to pull my laptop away.

“Hey now, I was the one to win the contest after all! Paws off my computer!”

“FINE!” one of my friends shouted before letting go of my laptop.

“Thank you!” I said rather sarcastically before opening the first email.

I read out-loud the email, “Hey babe. xx So pumped about the call, can’t wait to talk to one of our biggest fans! How does 7pm sound to you? Just let us know if you’re available then! Thanks! Love, One Direction. P.S. Harry says to tell you he loves your name. P.P.S. Congrats, can’t wait to speak to you!” As I finished I sighed, if only I had a chance with one of those amazing guys. “HARRY LOVES MY NAME?!” I screamed as it hit me.

“I hate you,” Julianne stated somewhat sarcastically, “He’ll still love me though.”

“Of course Juli,” I replied over dramatically as I quickly write up a reply, including my number to the boys before stating, “7 PM, which gives us… less than four hours to prepare for a call from the hottest guys on planet Earth.”

“So since you won, does that mean only you get to talk to them?” Licty questioned tentatively.

“Well, she did enter the competition every day and she did win. I think like we said before, we get to say hi and maybe a couple other things, then shut up. It’s only fair,” Audrey was always the best at being the leader.

“I don’t mind if you guys get in on the conversation, I just want to talk to them as much as I can.” I stated. I actually worried that once the boys talked to my friends that they’d be less interested in me. I fell into thought as they continued to babble about the call. I can’t believe I’m going to be talking to One Direction. I sat there for a minute in awe, “It’s so crazy!!”

“I know right?!” was the general excited response I got, and everyone went back to fangirling.

After calming ourselves back down and talking over how we thought the call was going to go, Audrey spoke up, “Well, I think I’m going to head home, we have almost 4 hours before the call, and I need some beauty rest, plus I need to tell my parents that I’ll be back over here tonight and what it’s for!” she said as she gathered up her things and headed towards the door with a wink and a quick wave.

“I think I’m going to head back too,” Felicity stated, “You know I’m gonna have a time convincing my parents into this.” She laughed as she reached for her keys and did an awkward jog-walk towards the door.

“Meee three!” Juli chimed in, following in on Felicity’s heels.

“Hey dude, you know my parents don’t care, so can I chill here, I’ll call Deb, and make sure it’s okay.” Kate added. I always found it weird that she called her mom by her first name.

I responded, “Yeah sure, that’ll give me somebody to talk to! Are you staying too Rose?”

“Sure thing dude! If that’s okay with you?” Rose said in her ever chipper voice.

“Fine by me!” I said, before jumping up and running to the door to wave bye to the rest of our friends.

As I came walking back to my two friends left, I was studying them, I never quite understood either of those two. Kate always called her mom by her first name, which was extremely weird, I thought as my gaze turned to the slender brunette. Then as Rose started speaking on the phone to her mom, my attention was brought to her. Although normally chipper, the girl was definitely crazy, but could have an angry streak. “Guess that’s why we get along.” I laughed quietly to myself, drifting off in thought.

“Would you stop laughing like a freak and come save me?” I was suddenly snapped out of thought by Kate screaming and Rose on top of her, trying to get something out of her clutches.

“Wait… I’ve been laughing?” I said foolishly.

“Um, yeah… you have. Now would you like to come save me, or do I have to start biting her?”

“Fine!” I said rather sarcastically before making my way over to them and attempting to pull Rose off of Kate.

After a few minutes of struggling I gave up and flopped back on the couch next to them.
“Why do you need her phone so desperately anyway?” I asked Rose before thinking of an ingenious plan.

“It’s not her’s! It’s mine and she’s trying to go through my inbox and I don’t like it!” Rose practically screamed into Kate’s ear.

“Well in that case!” I jumped up and landed on the other half of Kate and began poking her sides. “Give back her phone or else!”

“I can’t… Breathe!” Kate managed to burst out with between laughs and squirming.

“Then give Rose her phone back!” I said, with a warrior like tone in my voice.

“Okay, okay, truce!” Kate said as she handed Rose her phone back.

“So… Rose, anything you want to willingly tell us?” I said in a detective like voice.

“No, NEVER!” She screamed before running up the stairs and slamming the door to what I assumed was my room.

“I’m going up. You stay here.” I ordered Kate before walking for the stairs.

“I’m coming too!” Kate said before running after me.

“No, you’re not. Just let me talk to her, okay?”

“FINE!” Kate huffed back over and flopped back down on the couch.

I climbed the stairs to see the door to my room shut, just like I had anticipated. I walked over and slowly sat down at the door, tapping gently before calling out quietly, “Rosie, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, go away!” she said, I could hear in her voice that something obviously had gone wrong, and I wasn’t stopping until I could cheer her up.

“But babe, I don’t like it when you’re sad.” Since the most part of our lives was dedicated to One Direction, we had picked up on many of their “bromances” and we had our own little “wo-mances” as we liked to call them. We’d also picked up on the vocabulary. Right then I heard the lock click and I opened the door to see Rose scurrying back over to flop on my bed. I crawled through the door, turning back only to lock it, before crawling over to the bed, to sit beside it, criss-cross apple sauce style.

“What’s the matter Rosie?” I said, looking up at my best friend to see a strange, confused/angered expression on her face.

“I just got a text from Anna, saying that she saw Jared in the park with another girl… His arm around her, holding hands, and kissing. She even took pictures.” She said, letting out a saddened sigh.

Jared was Rose’s boyfriend of 2 years. I had noticed some recent changes in the way they acted, but nothing serious. Or so I thought… “Aww, Rosie, I’m so sorry,” I said, now getting up on the bed beside her to give her a hug. “Is it too early to ask if I can go kick his butt?” I said, knowing this would pull a laugh out of her.

She chuckled, now through the few slow dropping tears coming down her face. “Yeah, you and Kate and Licty.”

“You don’t think I can take him alone?” I stated sarcastically, sitting back at arm’s length with an astonished look on my face.

“Oh, I know you can, but I want them there to hold you back, so you don’t kill him.” She smiled again. My friends know me all too well, I thought to myself.

“We’ve been going through a rough patch lately anyways… I figured it was going to end soon, I actually wish I could be the one to end it.” She said, now calm, and wiping the tears trails from her face.

“You still can, how about I drive you over to the… Park, is that where you said he was at?”

“Yeah.”

“Well how about we go over there and you storm up and dump his ass?”

“I don’t know. Isn’t that a little harsh?”

“Oh come on Rosie… What he did was pretty bad, plus I’ll be there by your side.”

“Okay… let’s go tell Kate and get over there, and back before the boys call.” At the mention of the boy’s call, a smile snapped to both our faces. Gosh I’m so excited.

After we finished filling Kate in on the whole thing, we made our way out to my car, backed out the driveway, and we were on our way to the park.

When we arrived at the park, we didn’t see anyone around. It seemed so empty, so we decided to drive around, to see if we spotted them.

“I STILL don’t see them.” Kate was always complaining, “Maybe this isn’t the best idea?”

“Well, like Ella said, I don’t want people to see me as someone who’ll take this crap from anyone. Especially a guy,” Rosie spoke defiantly; there was my best friend again.

“LOOK! There they are,” I said as I pulled into a parking space to look over into the park at Jared and… “Oh my goodness, it can’t be…”

“KAREN?” the words escaped Kate’s mouth so viciously.

We all sat there in awe for a moment, looking at the two sitting on the park bench, trying to swallow each other’s tonsils. Karen used to be a close friend to all of us, until she started hanging around with a bad crowd and became really stuck up and slutty.

“Oh my goodness,” Rose muttered before swinging open her door furiously. I’d never seen her THIS angry before. Before I knew what I had done, I had opened my door and was storming after her.

We stormed across the park towards the completely oblivious couple, within a few strides, we were there. Rose’s first action was to reach up and slap Jared on the top of his head to get his attention. Jared immediately jumped up, while the slower witted Karen sat there stupidly for a moment, which gave me enough time to get over beside her and pull her up by her shirt to stand beside Jared infront of our little mob.

“HOW DARE YOU?!” Rose screamed, I could tell she was beyond furious now as she reached up punching him in the chest. Jared was five foot eleven and solid as a brick, but the force of Rose’s blow sent him tumbling backwards. Rose followed suit.

“I thought you said we had something real? AND WHAT ABOUT THIS?!” Rose screamed as she pulled off the promise ring Jared had given her 6 months ago at Christmas, and flung it in his face, hitting him straight in the eye.

Jared sat there for a moment before countering, “This isn’t what it looks like, babe. I can explain.”

This just fed Rose’s fire, “Oh really? So you and Karen here were just sitting here playing tonsil hockey for the fun of it?”

At this she turned her fury at Karen, “And you! I see what kind of friend you are, you’ve turned into about the biggest skank that I know!”

At this Karen finally started to use her brain and struck at Rose. And this is the point at which I lost it. I was on top of her in a minute, with one hard blow to her face, I sent her to the ground, where she promptly landed on top of Jared.

And now I spoke, the anger in my own voice scaring me a little, “If either of you, EVER, come near my friend again, you’ll regret that you ever lived.”

At this I turned on my heels, hooked arms with Rose and headed off, back towards my car. We never slowed down until we were seated in the car and looking out the window at the morons still lying on the ground staring at us.

Kate was the first to break the silence, “WOW; that was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.”

“Kate… where were you this whole time?”

“Right here… filming it!” she said showing us her iPod, “I wanted our friends to be able to see.”

Rose spoke now, “He’s such a good for nothing. I’m glad it’s over, if he’s that easily won over, then he wasn’t right for me to begin with.”

“You’re absolutely right babe.” Kate and I said simultaneously before pulling Rose into a big group hug.

“Now let’s get home and get ready for that call!” I said before cranking up my car and pulling out of the park. I reached over and turned on the radio, and to our pleasant surprise, What Makes You Beautiful came blaring out of the speakers, as we all sang along.

When we reached home, I noticed that there was already a car in my driveway, as I pulled in, I recognized instantly Audrey’s car. I glanced down at the digital clock on my radio console, and noticed that it was already 6 pm. An hour till we were talking to the hottest men on earth. As we all bounced up into my house, we found Audrey splayed out on the couch, perfectly at home, watching tv.

“Hey there love!” we all screamed before tackling Audrey in a dog pile.

“OUCH, GET OFF!” Audrey screamed, lashing out against us with her hands.

As we all pealed ourselves off and straightened our hair and clothes up, I could see the questions building in Audrey’s mind.

“So where were you guys at?” Audrey questions, cautiously.

“I’m gonna let you guys explain that while I go up and take a quick shower. I have a feeling that everybody will be here asking the same question before long, and make sure you show that video!” I laughed as I stated, then raced up the stairs to my room to gather my clothes before heading to the bathroom. 6:20 pm. I cannot wait.

As I finished up in the bathroom, 10 minutes later, I began walking back downstairs where I could hear all the girl’s voices ringing out in laughter. I had decided to go with my natural hair look, by just adding mousse and letting it curl, although it was still soggy hanging down around my shoulders at the moment. I reached for my IPod, which I had stashed into my pocket before leaving my room; from there I looked at myself in the camera, and then noticed the email notifications. I clicked on the app instantly, while I was still walking, I clicked the first of the 5 emails.

“Hey babe, can’t wait to chat with you in a bit! Xx Love, Liam.” I chuckled lightly, stopping in the hallway just out of sight of the other girls, before opening the next email.

“HEY LOVE! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN! CAN I BRING KEVIN? Xx I LOVE YOU!!! --Lou” My heart raced instantly after reading the name. I paused lingering for a moment, before opening the next email.

“Babe, I can’t wait to talk to you, the rest of the guys and me are pumped! Yeah Buddy! Xxx Love, Niall” My grin grew ever wider, on to the next.

“VAS HAPPENING?! Can’t wait for this call in exactly 37 minutes now, it’s going to be amazing. Xx <3 Zayn” I chuckled again, on to the next.

“Hey there sexy(: Can’t wait to talk to you here in a bit. Hope you’re just excited to talk to us! Xxxx, Hazza.” I laughed loudly as I imagined him saying this, the way he said “us” like “OOHS” always killed me.

Just as I heard the girls scream, did I realize I made a mistake, they were all now bolting in my direction, screaming something about wanting to know what was so funny. I landed on the bottom step, struggling to keep a hold on my iPod.

“If you guys would chill, I’d read the emails to you!” I yelled.

“EMAILS?!! YAYYY!!!!” I heard Felicity yell as she ripped my iPod out of my hand and began reading the emails out loud in the best British voice she could muster.

After Licty had finished the email reading, we all traipsed up the stairs, to my bedroom, making sure to bring lots of snacks and drinks, hoping that this phone call would last a while.

6:55 PM the clock read, I held my house phone in my hand, ready to pick up the call as soon as it rang. We had all piled up in a circle in my floor, lying out on a huge air mattress that had been bought just for occasions like this. We sat in silence, all staring at the phone.

“6:57 PM” someone, I think Kate said.

“Guys, remember, Ella gets to talk first, and then she’ll tell the guys we’re here, and let us speak to them really quick. Just remember who won the call.” Audrey reminded each of us.
“6:59 PM.” I said, looking at the time on the phone… I was shaking with excitement.

“10" Kate began counting down, looking at the clock on her iPod.

"9"

"8"

"7"

"6"

At that moment, the phone rang. I picked it up within a second and put it on speaker.

“Hi!” I somehow managed to get out, although my excitement showed obviously in my voice.

“Hi, we’re One Direction!!!” “WHAAHOOOOO!!!! Ella?! Is this Ella Scott speaking?!”

“Yes it is!” I said even more excitedly, my heart racing.

“YAYYYYY!!! WHOOHOOOO, WHOOOP, how are you babe? AAHHHHHH” all this was screamed into the phone at once. I couldn’t contain my excitement; I wondered how long they would talk to me. Little did I know what the future had planned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys, so sorry for waiting so long to write this chapter. hopefully it won't be as long till the next! I appreciate all the subscribers, I never thought I'd have many at all! AND a shout out to my friends who insisted that I keep writing! It would have taken much longer without them! I hope you guys really enjoyed this chapter, and I should soon be posting the next!

While I'm at it, I figured I'd explain why it took me so long to post this story!
-The weekend I had planned on writing, my dad fell off our truck and had to get stitches in his leg!

-I've been training my dad's horse on the weekends, because he's too grouchy to do so! So I've had to spend most of the weekends bonding with the horse to get him to trust me enough to lead him on the horse trailer.

-I haven't really been in the mood to write. And if any of you are writers, you know that you have to be in a certain mood to be able to write well. I would write and delete, it sucks.

But yep, so sorry for taking so long!

And just so you know, I wrote a bunch of this tonight, and it's 12 AM, so forgive the grammar mistakes! Just lemme know about them in the comments!

LEAVE COMMENTS AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
ALSO: check out the character's page, I have profiles posted! (:

That is all, so sorry for the long author's note, if you read all of this, you are awesome, comment and let me know(: