Status: In progress, hopefully week by week updates(:

The Call of a Lifetime

Chapter 3

“Woah, I’m going to be deaf by the end of this conversation!” I practically screamed out just so the boys who were screaming on the other end could hear.

“Guys, guys, shhh, be quiet! One at a time! You know how to behave!” I could tell this was Liam, oh Daddy Direction, how I love you. “Sorry love, we’ll try to keep it down a bit, so you can understand us!”

I chuckled before replying, “As if I could complain, I am lucky enough to even be talking to you!”

“NOOOOO, WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES, YOU SOUND GORGEOUS.” I’m pretty sure Harry was the one to scream this, it drew an “awww” out of all my friends, and I mentally smacked myself in the head. I had planned on telling the guys about them being here, but not yet!

“Is someone there with you babe?” Zayn asked. It was creepy how I could tell their voices apart so easily.

“Oh, erm.” The girls were staring at me expectantly so I continued, “Yeah, I actually have five of my best friends here!”

“Awesome! So, you going to introduce us or not?!” Lou’s sweet voice boomed out of my phone.

“Yeah, I’ll call out their name and have them say Hi, how’s that sound?”

“GREAT!” was the eager response I received from all of the guys.

“Okay, who goes first?” I took a minute to look between all my friends. “Roseanna, you’ve had the bad day, so you go first. Then we’ll go in clockwise from there.”

“Hi! I’m Rose or Roseanna, I love you guys!”

“HIIIII!” the boys all chorused “Your name is so pretty, just like you I bet.” Harry at it once again. I could hear all the guys chuckle and they must have slapped or attacked him, because we heard several screams right after that.

We all continued laughing heavily as the screaming continued on the other end. It wasn’t until one of the guys spoke did we realize we were still sitting here laughing our guts out. “Who has the weird laugh, like almost silent, they are closest to the phone?”

I knew as soon as Lou had said it that it was me and that all the other girls were going to die over this comment before telling him. I once again hit myself mentally. Why did my laugh have to be so weird?

“THAT WOULD BE ELLA, WHO IS ALSO IN LOVE WITH YOU!” Kate screamed. Thanks Kate.

“OHHHH, is that so? Well Ella, your laugh is the cutest thing we’ve ever heard.” This time I was Niall speaking, his Irish accent as easily recognized as always.

“Kate!” I silently cursed her in my mind, she needed to think about what she was saying before she said it! “Yeah, that would be my laugh, haha, I’m a bit strange, it’s a habit I guess!”

“No reason to be upset at Kate, babe, I like to know when girls are in love with me!” Lou’s sweet voice rang out, and I immediately started blushing.

“Well, um… This is Audrey, say hi!” I said changing the subject as fast as I could.

“Hi! I love you guys too! And you should see El right now, her face is the color of a tomato!”

“AWWWW, it’d be so cool if we could do a video chat!” one of the guys said, I was too busy scolding Audrey to tell.

“That would be awesome,” I said, tuning back in. “I do have a Skype, but would your management let you do that?”

“No, they probably wouldn’t. But if we make a fake account or something, there’s not really much they can do. Besides would you guys leak it to the public?!”

“Why would we leak it? If we don’t, that’s more of you to ourselves!” I replied, laughing to myself quietly, this is crazy!

“Well, by the end of this phone call, we’ll see, you know, if you’re a complete psychopath or not.” Zayn jokingly stated.

“Oh, wow, thanks for the vote of confidence!” I replied sarcastically.

“No problem babe, so are you going to finish introducing us or not?” I laughed. That was absolutely Harry, the adorable ‘oohs’ was unmistakably his.

“Well, this is Kate,”

“OMG HAYYY” she said, being her normal, weird self.

“OMG LIKE TOTALLY HEYYYY.” That Niall and his cute American accent impersonation, next up was Felicity, as I introduced her, she decided to break the ice with the creepiest voice she could muster.

“Heyyyy, I stalk you in your sleep, just saying” Felicity said in a slow almost whisper tone.
Only to be responded to with Lou saying, “That’s okay, all five of us follow you around and take pictures of you wherever you go.” in the same creepy-like voice. Then at the same time, both our group of girls and the boys were hitting the creeper, telling them to be nice. It was actually kind of scary how much we acted alike.

“Haha, you guys are really creepy!” I said loudly, still laughing at the irony.

“AWW, love why’s that?” Liam said.

“Because! We just did the same thing to Felicity as you did to Lou, at the same time.” I replied.

“Oh… that is kind of creepy isn’t it,” Zayn said.

“Yeah, just a tad bit.” I said, poking out my tongue at the phone, even though I knew they couldn’t see me.

“She just stuck out her tongue at us you guys.” Niall stated, without any thought behind it.

“WHAT?! Are you guys like outside my window or something?” I practically screamed into the telephone, while the rest of the girls died laughing.

“Um, he’s Irish, therefore, he’s psychic. Duh.” Lou said in a girly tone, “ Plus I’m outside your window taking pictures of Felicity, remember?”

“No, really though, that was creepy!” I laughed out.

“It’s a gift.” Niall stated nonchalantly.

“He was just looking down at his nails blowing on them, wasn’t he?” I said, knowing exactly how to play his games.

“Uhhh… Who’s the stalker now?!” Niall shouted out.

“I’m just that good,” I said, with mockery in my tone.

We went on to finish introducing the Julianne without any hassle and found out many interesting things about the boys at the same time. As we continued the conversation, everyone ended up talking the whole time, and the boys seemed to really like us!

******

“What do you mean you don’t like Pokémon?” the boys screamed in unison.

“It’s a guy thing!” I screeched back.

“Is not!” bellowed Lou.

“Is too!” I squealed back.

“Is not!!” Lou protested once again.

“IT IS TOO LOUIS TOMLINSON!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, causing all of the girls to jump back and the guys on the other end of the phone to chuckle, all except for Louis.

“FINE THEN! SEE IF I EVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN!” Lou shouted in a voice that reminded me of a preppy girl.

“Fine, maybe I don’t want you to talk to me!” I forced myself to yell back.

“What?! Every girl wants me to talk to them. Many would die for the chance!” Louis said, sounding kind of hurt.

“Oh well, too bad I’m not one of them!” I stated sincerely.

“Oh whatever, you know I had you at hello!” Louis stated, nonchalantly.

“Maybe some of these girls who are so easily over taken by that fake charm you like to throw around, but not me! You act like such a jerk!” Woah… I can’t believe I just said that to Lou, I love him!

“Well then, I guess I’ll just have to change that, now won’t I?” When Louis said this, it made my heart flutter, he was so sweet sometimes in the midst of his childishness.

“He’s winking at the telephone. Can we move on away from the huge crush Lou has developed from talking to you?” Liam spoke in a bored like voice, even though over here, my walls were crashing down.

“Louis has what on Ella?!” Rose screamed, speaking for me. How did she know exactly what I was thinking?

“A huge cr… asldkfpioanfg. Ouch! What was that for?!” We were all laughing at the sound of Louis hitting Liam and them basically cat-fighting as we liked to picture it, although my mind was still trying to grasp the fact that Louis liked me, well, me so far.

“Hey you guys, we’ve been talking for 2 hours, exactlyyyyyy, noooooo….ooo….ooo….ooow!” I stretched out the syllables while waiting for the time on the phone to hit the 2 hour mark.

“Yeah, guess it’s time to go, lads?” Lou said, I could tell he was joking though. Or I hoped he was joking.

“What?! Leaving already? Are we that boring?” I asked.

“He’s just kidding, we still haven’t made that video chat, yet! We need to see you before we can ease our minds off into sleepy-land.” Zayn said this time.

“Haha, poor fellows. Well, if you guys want to go ahead and make your account, we can keep chatting until you are all ready?” I said more as a question than a statement.

“Sounds great! Niall babe, hand me my laptop.” Of course that was Liam, or should I say, Niam?

“AWWWW, NIAM IS SO REAL!” Audrey squealed out, despite our shushing.

“Definitely babe!” Niall and Liam chimed at the same time.

“Okay, I’m on my computer now; I have the Skype website up, filling everything in. What should I make the user name guys?” Liam asked quizzically.

For the next few minutes we heard only whispering. What on Earth could they be coming up with? I’m actually a little frightened to know, I’m sure it will probably be just silly or outright weird.

“Does it really take an hour to figure out a user name?” I asked, exaggerating on the time, as it had only been about five minutes of whispering.

“Yes, yes it does! Thank you very much.” Louis snapped back with a bit of sass in his voice.

“Okay, gee! Don’t get sassy with me!” I replied, a bit offended.

“Aww, love I didn’t mean it, I was only joking.” Lou cooed.

“Alright, I forgive you this time.” I said jokingly. Louis was such a sensitive cutie.

“Wait! You tricked me! I take my apology back!” He shouted dramatically.

“Just like that time you took back saying I was Pikachu and everyone loves Pikachu, because I frowned at you?” Harry said cheekily.

“Exactly! But I guess I still love you anyways.” Louis replied, I was unsure if he was talking to me or Harry. I didn’t really care, it was cute either way.

“Hey! You weren’t talking to…”

“So, Liam finished up that registrationing yet?” Louis cut into Harry’s comment. Hmm, that didn’t make sense.

“Yes I have! Do you girls want to pull out your computer and add me or… I have no idea what the heck this is.”

“I can probably help you out some.” I said while chuckling to myself. “And I already had out my laptop. You know, waiting for you slow old men to fix your account. So what’s the username?”

“L-N-H-L-Z-F-E-S” Liam ticked off the letters easily, although I found them to be complete garble.

"And we are not slow old men!" Louis shouted back.

"Are too!" I yelled.

"You two are acting like either brother and sister or an old married couple. I can't tell. Just stop. It's kind of weird! Plus, Ella's mine." Niall spoke up, boy did that ever make my heart flutter. I'm his?

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" All of the boys screeched, "We share her."

"I will never share. Do I share my food? No. Well Ella is my food... Wait that sounds like cannibalism." Niall said, I think they had forgotten that we were listening in, and they weren't whispering like they had been doing.

"EXACTLY! Ella did you hear that? Niall wants to eat you. I wouldn't let him feast and be a cannibal on you!" Louis screamed out.

"Okay, okay. It's alright. I love you all!" Which was true... But I really did like Lou the most... Although, now I was having mixed feelings towards Niall. What am I talking about? I barely know them and I doubt they like me that much.

"Well, we'll settle for that right now. I guess." Liam stated with a melancholy sounding voice. I just imagined him making his sad face that is always so adorable.

“Anyways... What the heck took you so long to come up with a bunch of letters for the username?” I questioned sarcastically.

“I’m hurt that you think it’s just a bunch of letters! I was one of the main contributors to this!” Niall whined, adorably.

“Well, then please explain what it means!” I said, now trying to think of the possibilities with the acronym.

“Oh come on love, it isn’t that hard!” Harry said blatantly.

“Then just tell me!” I said, beginning to get frustrated.

“Liam, Niall, Harry, Louis, Zayn, Fancy Ella Scott!!” Zayn chirped out with much enthusiasm.

I froze at this. It was too sweet! So they fancy me? Wow, never had I even have one guy fancy me! These fellows are so bizarre. I could feel the heat rising in my face as I stumbled for my words, “Aww, you do?”

“SHE’S LIKE MAJORLY BLUSHING” Felicity shouted out. Thanks Licty remind me to hit you later.

“I am not! Okay, well maybe a little bit. But you would be too, that’s really sweet of them!”

“Because we are as sweet as sugar cubes! DUH!” Louis practically shouted.

“Yes, everyone except you, Lou. You are mean as a snake." I replied with an added laugh at the end.

"Aww, that's so mean!" Lou replied and made fake crying sounds.

"He's not crying. I hope you know that, right?" Zayn said.

I laughed before replying, "I know. He can't fool me with those fake crying noises!" We sat there for a minute while Lou pouted, and everyone else was having a laugh.

“So, are you going to add us on Skype or not?” Harry had finally decided to speak up again.

“Yes! Sorry I got distracted by all of your craziness and sweetness. I’m going to add you right now!” I replied.

“YAYY!” Louis screamed out, excitedly.

“Okay, I just added you, so sign out then sign back in and you’ll see a notification thingy that says you have one new contact request or something like that, just accept it and then we’ll be good to go! Okay?” I said, chuckling to myself a bit at Lou’s excitement.

“Okay babe, I think I can do that.” Liam responded.

“Okie dokies then!” I replied with a somewhat childish voice. It was then that all the girls started excitedly elbowing each other with huge grins on their faces.

Kate whispered, “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe we are about to video chat with One Direction!”

Felicity joined in also, “I know right?! I get to see my sexy Harry. But I have to go home pretty soon, it’s starting to get late and my mom wanted me home by 10.”

“Aww, okay babe, but Harry is mine for sure!” Rose whispered back.

“HEY! ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT OOHS? I JUST HEARD MY NAME!” Harry said loudly.

“They are talking about how sexy you are babe.” Louis replied, saving us from telling them our conversation.

“Lou is exactly right! Gosh… No one can resist the charm.” I said over dramatically.

“Alright, alright, enough with the dramatics. I’m sexy and I know it. And I have Boo-bear to reassure me, isn’t that right Boo?” Harry replied just as dramatically.

“That’s right Haz.” Louis replied, after we heard sounds of Niall’s laughter as Harry and Louis’s moment continued on into a hug, before Liam brought it to a close.

“Urgh. You guys get off the top of each other, save that for later, you’re hurting Niall’s innocent mind and eyes.” Liam stated nonchalantly, as if it was a reoccurring thing, which I’m sure it was for those crazy boys.

“Oh my gosh… I think we are all about to die over here.” Right as I said it through my suffocating laughter, I heard the ever famous shriek from Kate, as she doubled over. Audrey was sitting to my left with tears in her eyes, Rose in a silent laugh battle to the right with Julianne, and Felicity making her usual rocking back and forth laughter. By the time we were able to control our giggles, we all had tears running down our face. Once we get in a laughing mood, there is no stopping us, we laugh at everything.

“Are you guys good now? Or… You know should we call the crazy house or something?” Zayn said with a bit of laughter in his voice.

“Whew… I think we may be good.” I said with one last chuckle.

“Breathe Ella. Please breathe… I don’t want you to die!” Niall said in a panicked voice.

“I’m good. I promise! I think I’ve got my laughter under control now!” I said, as calmly as I could.

“Good, you were scaring us there for a minute! All we could hear was you gasping for air, I guess because you’re closest to the phone.” Niall replied.

“I am! But yeah, my laugh is a weird air gasping thing, it’s nothing new to these idiots.” I said referring to the circle of girls around me still making crazed comments to themselves which made them just crack up more.

“It was cute though!” Niall said back before Liam jutted in, “So I’ve added you, does that mean you can see me now or?”

“Hang on… Yes! I see you online now!” I said as I pulled up the IM box and sent a message.

“Help! I’ve been kidnapped by a bunch of lunatics, they are laughing their heads off as we speak! :P ”

I got an almost immediate response, “Aww, babe, I’m sorry. We’ll come kidnap you back and you can be with a different bunch of crazed idiots. Xx”

Almost as soon as I had read the message, I heard slapping sounds from the other end of the phone, “Niall! We aren’t crazed idiots! I thought you loved us!”

“Eh boys, only when there isn’t a gorgeous girl around!” Niall joked.

Ahh poop. They’ve seen my profile picture now! I look like a moron. Lemme change that picture really quick. I went to my profile settings and changed my picture to one I’d taken in my room, in my favorite orange shirt that really made my tan skin and dark hair pop.

“HEYYY! WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT?! I DIDN’T GET TO SHOW THE BOYS!” Niall screeched out. He must have over taken Liam’s computer for the moment. Great, now Lou and the rest of the boys would have to see that picture I’d taken in front of the State Seal, yeah, it was a good picture, but Iooked way to weirdly official for my liking.

“Really? Why can’t you just show them this picture? It’s so much less weird.” I said.

“But that other one made you look like some official person. It was so cute!” Niall practically gushed. “Now change it back while I get the boys to look!”

“OKAY! FINE!” I said in a huff as I quickly changed the photo back to my old one.

“Guys… check it out!” Niall said quickly in his Irish accent. From then on I only heard whispers, wow that was kind of rude, if they didn’t like me, they didn’t have to sit around and make fun of me whispering. I could handle them just telling me.

“Why can’t you just say out loud what you’re thinking?” I said, in a rather rude like voice.

“Well we can’t really… It’s kind of embarrassing.” Zayn spoke up to say.

“Fine then… I’ll just go and you guys can talk to my friends.” I said, getting ready to storm off.

“No… Ugh. We were having a mini argument about who is crushing on you the most. You’re beautiful and your personality is absolutely adorable.” Liam spoke this time, and as he finished I could feel the heat in my cheeks rising in embarrassment, because One Direction liked me and because I had been so stupid to get upset at them.

“So when do we get to video chat? We’re all dying to see you in… well person, kind of. All of you! You all sound great!” Harry said rather excitedly.

“How about right now then?” I said as I reached for my laptop to hit the video call button.

“Go ahead and call us… I have no idea how to work this thing.” Liam said, sounding confused.

As I moved the mouse over to the call button, I could feel the heat in my cheeks rising again. Great, they were going to see me for the first time in full blush, like a freaking tomato. Terrific, just terrific. My heart was about to beat out of my chest as I pressed the button and the dial tone sounded out in my almost silent room. I knew everyone was holding their breath, because they had taken a small gasp as soon as I had hit the button starting the call.

One Direction likes me? This is crazy! I can’t handle this; I’m going to have like a stroke or something. I’m sure it will all change as soon as they get to know my friends a little better. They have better personalities and looks than me any day! I’m either too shy or too outgoing, always speaking my mind and not sugar coating things; which all too often pisses people off! I’ll ruin this somehow. I would have never even believed that I would be getting on a Skype video chat with them after they said I was gorgeous! This is totally insane, but completely awesome.

And as the sound of them picking up the call went off, I popped out of my day dream, just like that! There I was. On video with One Direction. One Freaking Direction. This is incredible! I heard them all screaming “Hello’s” but I was too excited and out in space to notice.

But I popped myself out of the daydream once again to respond, “Hi guys! It’s great to be seeing you and talking to you! This is amazing!” It was weird how I could keep my voice so calm when inside all I felt like doing was screaming in joy.

“Wow…” I heard one of the guys say as I changed my camera settings back to color where it was in black and white. When I got back to the Skype screen, I noticed them all staring jaws dropped. Boy did that ever make me feel good. My friends were still off to the side, peering over the sides of my laptop to see the boys. This is so freaking awesome!

“Are you guys okay?” I said, popping them out of what seemed to be a stupor.

“Erm, yeah we’re good! You’re gorgeous babe!” Liam said, being the first to gather his composure from the weird state. “Oh, and we meant to tell you earlier that we love all of your accents! They are so unique!”

“Um well thanks! We love yours as well, right guys?” I said, sliding the computer back so that all my friends could pile into the view of the webcam.

“Wow. I want to come live in your town… Everybody has amazingly gorgeous kids there.” Harry said.

“Well thanks, that’s definitely a confident booster!” I said and the girls nodded in agreement, mesmerized by the boys on the screen.

“Maybe we’ll have to visit your town someday. You are from North Carolina, right?” Liam questioned.

“Yes we are!” Rose and I replied at the same time. Well, I’m glad to see someone had snapped out of the staring state.

“Well, we have several concerts there this summer, so maybe we can meet up and hang out or something?” Liam asked tentatively with a sheepish grin on his face. While Niall was in the background with Harry, Zayn and Louis giving us their best puppy dog faces. Who could say no to that? As if I would anyways! This is incredible. I almost screamed a yes, before realizing that keeping my calm would probably be for the best, and I just smiled.

“That’d be really great! We can set up a time and date later or something!” I said the excitement showing on my face. This was going to be the best summer of my life, and all because of that one contest and this one call.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I hoped you liked it! I made this chapter a little longer, since I haven't been on in a while. I feel really bad! I'm really going to try and write some more.

I might possibly have another chapter up this weekend, because I have a reaaaaaaaalllly good plan for the next one!

I love you, all of my readers! Please comment and subscribe.

Just lemme know what you think of it!

And since we have a little more drama between the Lou and Niall Departments... Who are you rooting for?

Okay. I'm done writing a bunch of poo author's note! Kay, love you! Thanks for reading once again! Byeeee!