‹ Prequel: Man vs Hero
Sequel: Sacrifice
Status: Complete.

A Time of Gods

Game Changer

The words seemed to band together, making it impossible for Felicia to decipher their simple meaning. When she had curled up in bed with her book she had been looking forward to the escape that would arise with each new sentence, but her mind was too wrought with conflict to allow her such grace.

Felicia looked up from the pages to the bookshelf straight ahead. She contemplated getting out of bed, walking to the bookshelf and pulling down the thick Tolstoy's, revealing the safe carved into the wall behind. This was where she had stored the emerald necklace. She choose not to ask herself why she hadn't sold the luxury piece yet. Especially as the profit form such a sale would mean she would not have to work for the rest of the year.

After a further five minutes chewing her lower lip, she finally threw back the bedsheets and walked to the bookshelf with hushed footsteps. She hesitated however when she reached the particular volume, subconsciously casting a glance to the dozen red roses on the windowsill in the dusky pink vase of her mothers.

Felicia felt his presence before she saw him.When she turned he was standing in the bedroom doorway, filling it's frame.

"You decided to show up then." There was a venomous bite to Felicia's words. She didn't take kindly to being kept on hold, but as she paused her previous actions and stepped towards Loki, her chilly attitude dropped. He looked worn, as though he had been through a great deal of turmoil in the days he had been gone. "You look terrible," Felicia reached up to touch his cheek, but Loki's hand shot out to prevent her. He held her wrist between his fingers tips, his grasp firm until he swiftly released her without a word. "Where have you been Loki?" She asked urgently, "What have you done?"

That's when she saw the sceptre. Her eyes instantly drawn to the precious vibrant power source. "You have the Tesseract," she breathed.

Loki smirked. "Did you doubt me Ms. Hardy?" He walked past her into the bedroom, disregarding any invitation. "We're going on a little trip."

"Where?"

With his hands folded behind his back Loki threw her a glance over his shoulder. "Europe. Germany to be precise," he answered casually. "I suggest you change into your suit, this won't be a vacation." The overwhelming satisfaction radiated from Loki. By obtaining the Tesseract he was so much closer to achieving his ultimate goal.

"In that case, I would appreciate if you waited outside while I got changed."

Loki wasn't listening, something else had peaked his interest. He strolled over to the vase on the windowsill and plucked out the small rectangular card attached to the bouquet. Felicia kept her focus on her guest, or rather, on the sceptre at his side. Having glimpsed a fraction of the Tesseracts power, she knew she didn't want to antagonise the one in possession of it.

"The Captain's falling for you," Loki mused, having read what was, and was not, written upon the card.

"It's superficial attraction, he doesn't really care about me. He's just lonely," Felicia shrugged nonchalantly.

"No, he's developed true feelings for you," Loki turned to her with curiosity, observing her newly guarded body language, "and you for him." A faint trace of burning annoyance flashed across Loki's face and his eyes grew dark. "It appears I had you wrong Felicia, I believed you were capable of keeping your feelings mute, but it seems you are not."

"I don't dislike Stev- Captain America, but that's as far as it goes, he's nothing to me."

Loki took long strides towards her. The unmasked rage growing within him made him appear ten foot tall. They both believed the rage stemmed from Felicia's developing feelings for a man who was just supposed to be another pawn in this twisted game of theirs. She was supposed to build Steve Rogers up and then emotionally destroy him.

"You dare lie to me?" Loki snarled, his eyes dark once again. "What do you think will happen Felicia? Do you actually believe you can redeem yourself and live happily ever after? Do you picture yourself having a normal mortal life?"

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because creatures like us were never destined for normal lives." Felicia flinched at his choice words. "You wish to believe that you could be happy, fulfilled, and perhaps you could delude yourself for a short while, even with this idiot Rogers," Loki let the card fall from his grasp, "But before long you will grow bored, because the life you craved will be void of the thrill, the danger that you so willing seek out. Sooner or later your true nature will betray you."

"I want you to leave."

Loki's smirk had returned in a glorious fashion. "Our similarity is also our difference. Our father's are the root cause of our misery, yet while I act and claim the position once denied me, you are frozen. You've painted a false picture of your father and shut out the rest of the world. This is why it will be impossible for you to be happy."

"Stop!" Felicia shouted, shaking her head furiously.

Loki didn't feel the sense of satisfaction he had expected to as he watched his advocate suffer before him. Felicia had riled him up countless times before with her taunts. "Felicia-"

"You don't know me."

Loki did something quite unexpected, he reached up and placed the Sceptre on top of the bookshelf. It was only just visible to the both of them. The fleeting thought of acquiring it flashed through Felicia's mind, but both she and Loki knew she wouldn't succeed. While she was quick, Loki was lighting and she would never reach it before him.

Loki closed the gap between them. "Oh but I do know you Felicia. I'm the only one that does," he leaned in, "and when this is all over, I'm the only one you'll have left." He was so close now that the euphoric scent of mint swirled around her, causing the breath to catch in her throat and common sense to vacate. She despised him, how he made her feel and the fact that he was right because she did have feelings for Steve. But she also couldn't deny what she felt for Loki. Even if it was purely a raw magnetism.

The few times before that she had reached out, he hadn't let her touch him. Right now, after everything he had said she wanted to slap him.

"I don't need anyone. I never have."

This was the second time Felicia had been trapped by Loki, but this time things played out very differently. Loki's lips attacked hers with a ferocious hunger and she was quick to meet his pace. Her hands were entwined in his hair pulling his body closer to hers, while his hands ran down over her sides, the pressure from his fingers making it possible for her to feel the cool temperature radiating from his body even through the silk of her chemise. Loki's hands reached her ass and he lifted her up, allowing her to wrap her legs around his waist.

As Loki's kisses moved to her jaw Felicia's breathing grew deeper, erratic and her eyes closed. She knew she should stop this from going any further but she found herself powerless. Loki wasn't impervious either and he became desperate to feel Felicia's lips again. He ceased the tender assault on her jaw and neck and watched as her intense emerald eyes fluttered open. She was the first in a long while to look at him without pity, remorse, fear, contempt or loathing and from somewhere deep within he felt a tug. He kissed her again with more force than before, kneading the firm, bare skin of her thighs as she nipped his lower lip. And when Felicia's fingers moved to the buttons of his shirt he had no intention of stopping her, but every desire to move their new antics to the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
You hate me now don't you?
Be the wonderous folk I know you are and leave me comments? I'm off to enjoy my 6th cup of tea.

Image
Wait, that's not menacing Loki gif. That's someone in need of a hug gif.