‹ Prequel: Man vs Hero
Sequel: Sacrifice
Status: Complete.

A Time of Gods

The Consequence

Cat felt as if her life had only just begun. The events of the past weeks had erased all memory of her former life, and now the heavy burden of her mistakes had been made real in the form of the indefatigable Chiatauri army. They had turned on her -she should have never counted them as her allies. She couldn't reach the tower now, they prevented her. Every time she gained the upper hand in the fight, another group of hideous soldiers would appear in place of their fallen.

The streets were awash with death and destruction. The only sound to carry over the screams was the roar of the Hulk.
Cat didn't fix on a any glimmer of hope that maybe one of the Avengers would come to her aid. There would be no Captain America coming over the horizon to her rescue. And most of all she knew that if things had worked out differently she would have found herself fighting alongside them, and not alone waiting for the final blow to strike. Her true feelings had carried her here and there was nothing she could do to change them.

Cat gasped as the blade tore through the back of her suit and pierced her flesh, driven with pure malice through her weakened body. Her pale face was cut and bloody, she had nothing left within her. She was tired, she didn't want to fight any longer but even as she fell to her knees she lashed out with the wild defence of a cornered animal.

She wanted to apologise to Steve properly, to give him the closure he deserved. She wanted to see Loki one last time.

Cat was alone at the end, just as she deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who's read/commented/subscribed/recc'd this story along the way. I've wanted to write this story for about a year now and I never imagined people would actually read. So thanks again!
Sequel is posted :) and I am going to bed.