Love for Love

Love For Love

I was stressed, nervously hovering around the girls bathroom at the hotel MTV was hosting their after party at. I wasn't usually like this. I had organised about a million of these before -- these after parties, I mean. I am an event organiser for whatever event the company I worked for sent me on and tonight, my job was to create a smooth and memorable MTV Music Awards after party for the celebrities.

I went over to the sink and gripped onto the edge, looking up at myself in the mirror. My make up was dark while my hair was a striking white. I wore a beautiful green cocktail dress that made my eyes shone. Yes, I might look presentable on the outside, but I was nervous on the inside.

From the door, my best friend, Criss popped her head in. Her curly hair bounced around her shoulders as she looked in. I looked over to her, thinking that I had locked the door when I had come in but alas, it didn't look like I had -- unless she had managed to pick the lock, which I doubt she had.

"There you are!" she exclaimed, slipping into the bathroom. I heard the lock gratefully lock behind her. "I've been looking for you everywhere." When she saw me look back down at the sink that I grabbed onto, my knuckles whitening at how tight I gripped at the edges. "Are you okay? You're not usually like this."

"I know," I said nervously. "It's just the pressure, I guess."

"You've dealt with the pressure before," she said. "And you were always perfect."

Criss walked over to me and slipped her arm around my shoulders, making me look up into the mirror to look at the reflection of us in the mirror. Criss and I had become best friends at the first job that I had, helping her organise a small party for Kim Kardashian. Since then, we had been inseparable.

"I have done some events that have shaken me up a little bit," Criss said, trying to usher some confidence into me. "But I didn't let that show. I put on a smiling face and stepped out amongst the people. Everything will be okay."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amongst the darkness of the party, with the candles the only thing that was lighting up the room, Criss and I moved. We were at two different sides of the room, watching the guests as they arrived. There was everyone that I had seen that night from the awards and nearly all my favourite artists that I had listened to on the radio.

Lady GaGa was easy to spot, dressed in some outrageous costume; Taylor Swift was slipping around silently like a cat; while Russell Brand was cracking jokes like there was no tomorrow. This made me take a second look. I thought Brand and Katy Perry had divorced a while ago but alas, he had managed to gain an invite. Criss must've sent him an invite since she was in charge of the guest list along with MTV. I was just looking after the decorations, in which I was proud of.

Most of the celebrities crowded around the bar, sending the bartenders into a frenzy as they accommodated those who wished for a drink.

Oh, how I would love a drink right now, I thought but I stopped myself from doing so. I was working and the last thing I needed to be was drunk on duty.

As the room started to fill up, I managed to catch the eye of Criss across the room. She was smiling widely as she caught the eye of a celebrity she admired. Her eyes soon flickered over to me and waved me over. I slipped across the room, smiling at the celebrities who didn't care to give me another glance.

I stood next to Criss, watching the guests enjoy themselves and making sure nothing…unfortunate occurred. She pulled out her mobile phone and showed me a text message that she had just received. It read: good job so far. lets see if you can keep it up. - miss.

I smiled to myself as I looked back out to the crowd and Criss pocketed her phone in her bra.

"Is she here?" I asked Criss.

"Boss lady has not arrived yet," Criss replied.

"Let me know when she has," I said, starting to move away from her again. "I want to prepared."

"I think all of us do," she said as I slipped back to my side of the room, hovering between the guests to make sure that they were happy and had a glass of alcohol in their hands.

Pressing a earpiece against my ear, I said, "Send out the canapés."

And upon my command, waiters and waitresses slipped out from the middle of nowhere and started to serve a selection of finger food to the fill the tiny stomachs of these celebrities we hosted. I saw eyes widen and reaching of hands to the silver plates they were served upon.

I smiled to myself as the celebrities gorged themselves of the delicacies served to them. I obviously wasn't watching where I was going because I crashed into someone. I stiffened as this particular celebrity took my by my arms and held me up on my feet.

I looked up to see a pair of sparkling blue-green eyes looking down at me. His long fingers almost wrapped around the entire thickness of my arms. I was shocked at what I had just done and instantly stepped away from him, apologising profusely.

"It's fairly alright," he said, a delicate British accent escaping his lips. All his voice could do was make me smile and he gave me one in return. "There, I got a smile out of you."

"Sorry for bumping into you," I said. "And I hope you enjoy your night."

"You to," he said as I rushed away from him, blushing underneath the cover of my hand.

I could feel him watching me as I went into the shadows of the party, pressing myself against the wall. By the time that I had turned back around, the man that that I had bumped into had disappeared. I blinked, gathering my senses as I pushed ahead with my job for tonight.