Love for Love

Miss Me?

"I also suspect that you would like to head off to bed," Matilda also said when I swayed a little and went to grip the frame of the front door.

I nodded and without a word, she moved to the side and let me into the house. I dragged my bag into the cramped foyer of the house. I wondered over to the stars that stood nearby and looked up to see the two floors that I would now occupy for however long I would be required to stay in London.

Matilda closed the door behind her and locked it. She then shuffled over to a small table that stood in front of a window by the door and opposite the stairs. She picked up a set of keys and met me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Theses are your house keys," Matilda said, handing me the keys. "We don't have an alarm in the house since either myself or my husband will always be at home. If you don't have time to ever cook food for yourself, or just don't have the money too, you are always welcome to eat with us."

"Thank you," I said gratefully.

"I'll show you up stairs but then I'll have to show myself back to bed," she sighed, going to make her way up stairs.

I followed her up the steep stairs, struggling with my suitcase, duffel bag, my drunkenness that had still remained with me so many hours after I had had my last glass of wine with Tom. Tom. His name rung out in my mind and the memories that we had already etched deep in each other's minds despite only knowing each other for a few hours.

I almost stumbled back down the stairs if I hadn't reached over to the hand rails of the stairs and steadied myself in an awkward position while also managing to hold my suitcase in place. Matilda looked down to me with a strange expression before going into the room across a small platform.

I took a deep breath and pulled my bags up the stairs to the room Matilda had just entered. I left the door open behind me as I walked into the room. I looked about me, noticing the barely lived in surroundings. There was an old couch against one of the walls, an old style television in the corner of the room and a bookshelf sticking out of the wall.

That could be useful, I thought to myself.

I had a whole bunch of books, dvd's and other things that I couldn't bring into my apartment back in New York City. I had collected a whole lot of books and the such when I lived with my parents but had never managed to take them with me.

I left my suitcase by the door as I shuffled into what seemed like the kitchen. There was a small table in the middle of the room with some old chairs surrounding it. An old refrigerator hid in the corner as I checked it for its contents. It was empty, like the rest of the cupboards around the room.

"Those keys that I gave you should let you into this floor and the one above," Matilda said from the lounge room. "The second key on there should let you into the front door. If you ever lose the front door key, there is always one hidden around the front somewhere. I'll let you figure out where that is."

I gave an unimpressed grunt as I walked back into the lounge room and grabbed my suitcase, saying to Matilda, "Thank you for letting me stay here."

"From the amount that your company is offering me for you to stay here, you won't hear me complaining," Matilda said as we left the lounge room. I locked the door behind us. "Just as long as you don't be too much of a nuisance, you won't hear from me often."

I smiled at Matilda and bid her goodnight. She waved me up the stairs as she made her way down one level. I pulled my bags up one more level, almost exhausted by the time I reached the top level.

I pushed open the door when I realised that it was unlocked. I dumped my bags just inside of the door before locking it. I knew that the apartment was safe, but one couldn't be too careful, especially where I had been living anyways.

I turned around to find myself in a fairly large bedroom that could also be doubled as an office, which was handy. I hovered around the bedroom to find an ample sized bathroom and a small walk in wardrobe, which I could handle.

There were a few coat hangers in the wardrobe that I began to fill with the clothes that I had packed in my suitcase. I set my pyjamas aside for tonight but otherwise, put all of my clothes away. I shoved my suitcase in the corner of the wardrobe and carried what I didn't put into the wardrobe and threw it onto the barely lived in bed.

In the corner of the room by the window was an old mahogany desk with a creaky old chair in front of it. I blew the dust off it and set my laptop upon it along with the manila folder beside it. I then set whatever I had to in the bathroom, having a quick shower before changing into my pyjamas.

I set my phone to charge and put it on the ground beside the bed. I decided that it would be time to do a little shopping for my apartment with the money that Missy had given me. That's if I didn't sleep through the entirety of the day because I knew it was going to take me twice as long for me to do anything around here as I had no idea where I would be going.

______________________________________________________________________

I woke to the sound of my mobile phone ringing. Knew I should have set it to silent, I thought to myself as I almost fell off my bed grabbing the phone. I rolled back onto the bed and squinted at my phone in the morning light. Mum, it read.

I groaned and answered the phone with a tired, "Hello?"

"Nicole!" I heard mother exclaim on the other side of the phone a little to excited for my liking. "You're awake!"

"And thanks for doing that, by the way," I said sarcastically.

"No need to be rude, Nicole," she scolded.

"No need to call me on such few hours sleep," I retorted. "Why are you calling?"

"To see if you are alright, that's all," mum said, kindly on the other end.

"Well, I am, thanks for your concern," I said. "Now, will you let me go back to sleep?"

"Oh, alright," she said. "I'll make this brief then. Your things should be over there in about a week and a half, otherwise you'll have to make do."

"Okay, thanks for letting me know," I said, hanging up on my mother before she could say anything more.

I stretched myself out on the bed, feeling a few bones crack pleasantly. I disconnected my mobile from the charger as I slipped off my bed. I glanced down at my mobile for what time it was, seeing that it was midday.

Good. Didn't sleep through the whole day, I thought to myself as I shuffled over to the desk in the corner and turned it on.

As I waited for it to boot up, I turned on my hotspot on my phone and connected my computer to it once it had started up. In the mean time, I sent a text message to Loverboy, which only made me laugh to myself at the name that Tom had given himself in his phone.

"Morning, Loverboy," I said to myself as I wrote the message to Tom.

Sending the text message, I set my mobile down and turned to my computer, checking my e-mails and whatever else I felt like. I heard a strange noise coming from the other side of the door -- a message tone?

Interested, I shuffled over to the door dressed in a tank top and shorts as my pyjamas, I opened to the door to find Tom standing there. He looked up from his mobile phone, holding it up in front of me to see that he had just received my text.

When he saw what I was wearing, a seductive smile spread across those oh so kissable lips of his. I suddenly felt a little self-concious, using the door to hide myself from him. Clearly, I was not expecting his company but he was clearly dressed to see me.

"Miss me?"

"Hardly," I said. "I thought we weren't meeting until tonight."

"We aren't," he said, pocketing his phone. "But I wanted to see how you were holding up."

"Fair enough."

For a moment or two, there was an awkward silence. He gave me an expectant look as I finally got the hint to let him into my bedroom. He slipped through the gap that I gave him to come in before closing the door behind him.

Tom looked about, even though there was nothing really much to look at. He seemed to be impressed by the space that I was given for my bedroom. He eventually settled himself on the edge of my bed, his eyes clearly studying my. Another waft of self-conciousness washed over me as I hovered over to my wardrobe to slip on an oversized jumper.

"Now, why do you have to put on something so cute that it would only make me want to search what was underneath."

I gave him a weak smile as I walked over to him and stood knee to knee with him. Tom's hands rested upon my hips and drew me in so that we were level with one another. I felt his hands sliding up underneath the oversized jumper and pulling at the tank top that I wore underneath.

My hands were in his hair, feeling it's softness. I kissed him on the forehead and let my lips linger there. Slowly, he lay back on the bed and took me with him. We lay chest to chest on the bed, my wavy hair creating a barrier around us from the outside world.

Our faces hovered dangerously close, noses brushing against each other as the gaps in my hair let his eyes sparkle beautifully. If anything, I could fall asleep in those eyes and I hoped that one day, I could.