Love for Love

That "V" Shape.

I hated when people called me in the morning. Especially when I wasn't awake. I would've liked to wake up in my own time but clearly that wasn't the case, as it had been yesterday morning as well with my mother. Except, when I rolled over in bed away from Tom to see who was calling me, it was someone whom I couldn't really ignore.

"Missy" I groaned tiredly as I pulled the charger from the mobile and answered the phone. "Nicole Livingston's mobile. How can I help?"

"Good, you're up," Missy said briskly as I hoisted myself up in the bed and leaned against the wall to keep myself up straight. "You have notepad near you?"

"I think I'll remember," I said to her, really not being bothered in getting out of bed right now.

"You better," she said from New York. "We have a lot of work to do this week."

"Great," I said, a little more sarcastically than I would have thought.

There was a momentary silence on the other end of the line as I heard vicious whispering occurring on the other side. I decided to ignore it because it was too early in the morning to have the care factor to deal with what was going on on the other side of the phone.

I pulled the mobile away from my ear to check what time it as to see 6:02 staring at me right in the face. I groaned again and placed the phone back on my ear.

"Nicole?" Missy said. "You better still be there."

"Don't worry, I am," I said, sounding like a robot.

"By the end of today, I want a full report on the state of our offices in London," she began, sounding like she had a lot to say.

Before she continued, I interrupted, "Your time or my time?"

"What do you think?" she said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes and let her continue. "I want all the details so don't leave anything out, even if it offends someone. I want the preliminary plans for Mr. Hiddleston's party on Saturday. I want to know the books you're about to make, the band you're about to hire and whatever other shit you managed to come up with that our client also approaches of."

"Got it," I said, as she steam rolled through various other topics.

"I'll be there by the end of the week for the party," she said. "I want to see how you're handling yourself in your new position."

And with that, she hung up the phone without a goodbye. I took the mobile from my ear and stared at it strangely. It was possibly the weirdest conversation that I had ever received and I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be the last of them either. With a sigh, I dropped my mobile into my lap and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

I looked over to Tom, whom I realised had awoken because of my conversation with Missy. His eyes were half open, squinting up at me through the harsh lights that were pouring through the windows. I tried to smile at him but it didn't really work.

"Morning," I squeaked.

"Morning," he replied, a huskiness coating his voice that sent a wave of shivers over my body.

"Have a good sleep?" I asked, watching him slip from underneath the covers and began to walk over to the bathroom.

"Better than you would have imagined," Tom said, entering the bathroom and not bothering to close the door behind him.

It was then that I realised that he was was walking around in his boxer shorts. I stared at the bathroom for a second, shocked at what I saw that he was wearing. Although, I'd have to admit, he did look pretty attractive walking around like that in my apartment.

The way his body was so…slimlined instead of all buffed up like most of his fellow cast members in Thor or in his upcoming movie The Avengers. He was thin, but toned. A little muscle still etched themselves upon his back and shifted sexily as he moved.

When he came back a little later on, I saw that he had a starting of one of those…V patterns near the crotch area of their bodies when they worked out. His body was like a work of art in a way that you wouldn't expect. Most of the male actors or those in bands that were muscled in a way that Tom wasn't. He was toned and made everyone else look like they were freaking Captain America size.

Was he wearing that all night? I then thought to myself. When I couldn't come up with an answer, I decided to question him about it.

"After you fell asleep, I chucked my trousers off," he said, slipping out of the bathroom once more in his boxers and sat himself down on the bed beside me. "Trousers aren't something you can exactly sleep in. Besides, I didn't do anything that you wouldn't have wanted me to do."

I smiled at him as I slid across the bed on all fours and kissed him on the lips, saying, "I'm kind of glad you did and kind of glad you didn't."

"But not now," he said, his lips brushing against mine as he spoke. "You said."

"But not now," I repeated, pulling myself off my bed in my tank top and underwear.

I could feel Tom's eyes upon my ass as I walked over to my wardrobe. When I reached the door to it, I turned and pulled a pose, which caused him to laugh.

"You're adorable," he said, watching me head into the walk in wardrobe.

"And you're adorable," I replied, picking out something suitable for work that day.

I finally picked out a pair of black skinny's, high heeled boots, a double breasted jacket I had gotten from my mother for my birthday but no top to go underneath. I searched the wardrobe for a few more minutes before I gave up and hovered back out of the wardrobe.

As I did, Tom appeared at the door to it and held out the dark purple shirt that he was wearing last night. I raised an eyebrow at him as he motioned for me to take it.

"What are you going to wear, then?" I asked him as I took his shirt.

"I have a jumper and jacket I can warm myself with," he said. "I might have to make a detour home, though, before I head into your work."

"That's fine," I said, slipping back out into the bedroom and setting my clothes out on the bed. "But we have to have breakfast first, before you do."

"And that we do."

_________________________________________________________________

Tom and I had a small breakfast at a cafe up the road from where I lived. It seemed like everything around here was in walking distance, which was extremely handy since I didn't have a car, didn't have my international licence, and everyone here drove on the other side of the road, which kind of freaked me out if you asked me.

I ordered a green tea, since I wasn't rally much of a fan of coffee, and the eggs benedict. Tom ordered the same thing, but had a black coffee instead. Tom also insisted that he pay for the breakfast because he knew how much I would be needing my money to fill my apartment with its necessities. Although I agreed, I still felt that I should be paying a little for the the food that we were ordering.

We enjoyed our food in silence when it came, our feet intwined underneath the table. What had surprised me the most was how much of a 'couple' we had become since he had asked me out yesterday. We shared the same bed, I was wearing his clothes, he had created a nickname for himself and inserted it into my phone…what was going on?

I then reminded myself that it was a new life that I was living here in London, despite having the same job -- a job that I couldn't really complain about because I actually enjoyed it. Especially since my first job was Tom's birthday party this Saturday, which reminded me, I had to get him something for it.

I decided to leave that until tomorrow or another day when I had more time to think about what I was going to get him and where I would actually find it. I couldn't get anything online because it would take at least five days to get to my front door and I only had until the end of the week. That would be cutting it a little close.

I walked Tom back to his car outside my apartment and said to him, "Drive safe, love."

He smiled that wickedly seductive smile of his as he leaned down to kiss me on the lips, "See you soon, my sun and my stars."

And with that, he slipped into the drivers seat of his car and drove away. I watched him from the side walk until I couldn't see him any longer. Sighing, I quickly rushed back up into my apartment to get the folder than Missy had given me, along with my laptop, and rushed out of the apartment again, shouting down a taxi as soon as I found one.

I gave the driver the address of the London offices only to find out that it was only about a ten minute walk from where I lived and it was pointless getting a taxi there. I got the taxi anyway, to get a sense of a direction of where I was going if I was to talk there, and payed him whatever he asked.

When I tried to, however, he waved me off and said it was on the house. I thanked him as I rushed off to the building and into the foyer. The foyer was pristine and very spacious. There was hardly anything filling it, except for the swipe card machine that would let you into the area with the lifts.

I knew that my card from the New York Offices wouldn't work so I headed over to the front desk, which as manned by two security guards. The African of the pair looked up from his computer and smiled at me, asking what he could do for me.

"I'm the new manager of the event management company," I said, his eyebrows raising when he heard my accent. "I don't seem to have my access card yet."

"So you're then new girl?" he said, standing from his seat and picking up something from the desk as he did so. "You look to young to be the new manager."

"I'm a hard worker," I replied as he held out my access pass to me and I thanked him for it.

"I bet you are," he said, moving out from behind the desk and walking me to the swipe card machine. "I'm Damien, head of security for this building."

"You look to young to be the head of security," I replied, making him crack a smile in that judgemental gaze of his.

"Come on," he said, following me through the barriers and to the lifts. "I'll take you up."