Love for Love

A Bedroom Interruption.

I didn't take long for Tom and I to get home. We stumbled up the stairs to my room and I locked the door behind me, making sure that Matilda didn't bother me in which I didn't suspect she would.

I threw all my belongings on the ground on the way to my bed but we didn't exactly make it. Tom and I settled for the middle of the room and stripped off our clothes once more before letting our desires take control of us.

Tom had his clothes off quicker than I did and relished in the fact that he got to kiss me upon my back as he unzipped my dress. I felt the slight wetness of his tongue as he pulled at my ear with his lips.

He pushed the dress away from me as he went straight for the sex. From across the room, amongst my bags, I heard my mobile begin to ring. I tried not to let myself be distracted by the noise as Tom kissed my neck and moved against me.

When the person who was calling me stopped, I could finally refocus on the love that Tom was presenting to me. I only got a few seconds before the mobile started to ring again and I could pull myself away from wanting to answer it.

Regrettably, I pulled away from Tom for the mobile phone. It was a struggle because Tom wouldn't let me slip away from him but I eventually made it away from him. I crawled across the floor like a child and picked up my phone to see who it was. I didn't recognise the number.

I glanced back at Tom who was lying, utterly disappointed upon his back, and decided to take the call. I pulled myself over to the bathroom and closed the door behind me before I answered the call.

"Hello?" I questioned, a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"You're sleeping with him again as we speak, aren't you?" said a voice I kind of recognised on the other side of the phone.

"Who is this?"

"I think you know who this is," said the voice.

"Benedict?" I asked, totally confused as how he managed to get my number. "How did you get my number?

"You can call me Ben," he said, feeling the smile that he was giving me on the other side. "And a little friend of yours gave it to me. Audrey…I think her name was."

"So you're the one that Audrey slept with," I said, a sudden realisation and a strange pang of jealousy swept through me.

"I wouldn't say that she slept with me," Benedict said. "She more like made out with me for a little while before she fell asleep on the couch."

"I don't believe you."

"Do you real think that I am the type of person that would sleep with a drunk friend of yours?" Benedict retorted, slightly offended.

"I don't what kind of person you are," I said, suspicious.

"Whatever you think of me in the end, I am sure it would be adequate," he replied.

"What is the purpose of this call, may I ask?"

"To make sure you don't have sex with Mr. HIddleston for a third time tonight."

"Why do you take such an interest in my sex life? We've only just met."

"Who said I was interested in you?"

Ouch. That really hurt, especially from someone I barely knew and somehow managed to figure out what I was doing. I went to sit down on the toilet to think about what Benedict had just said and was saying to me.

Everything about him screamed a warning but I was wondering what he was getting at with all these warnings about Tom. I saw nothing bad in Tom, but maybe that was the problem. He was too perfect.

"Why are you interested in what's going on between me and Tom then?"

"Because I don't want him to go around hurting everyone."

"I thought you weren't interested in me."

"I'm not. I'm just careful about the image he is making of himself."

"Isn't that his manager's job?"

"Can you just stop tearing down every argument I make?"

"Well they are very flawed, if you ask me."

"I think I'm starting to like you, Miss. Livingston."

"Are you trying a different tack now, Ben?"

"No. I'm showing my honesty in saying that there is a feistness in you that I like."

"Well then thank you. Now, will you excuse me?"

"No, I'd rather not."

"Why?"

"Because then you would just go back to sleeping with Tom."

"And there is a problem with that because…?"

"He's not the man for you. Because he will cheat on you. Because, if anything, he will only hurt you."

"Are you jealous, Mr. Cumberbatch?"

"Don't mock me."

"And in this whole conversation, you only picked that up now?"

"Just don't do it, okay? You'll thank me later."

With that, Benedict hung up the phone. I pulled it away from my ear and just stared at it, completely stunned. I blinked a few times before I pulled myself from the bathroom and back into the bedroom.

Tom had relocated to under the covers of the bed and looked like he was about to fall asleep. I watched him from afar a moment, seeing how peaceful he was. He looked so beautiful when he slept, like he couldn't even crush an ant underneath his boot.

I made my way over to him, making sure that I turned off my phone to block out any unwanted phone calls or text messages and set it down no the bedside table near my bed. I slipped under the covers, the sheets cold against my naked skin.

I slid over to Tom, who was lying upon his pack with his eyes closed. When I rested my head upon his smooth chest dotted with small patches of hair, did I see a flicker in his eyelids. I rested a open palm upon his chest and closed my eyes, taking in his scent with a deep breath.

I felt him shift underneath me as his hand slipped around my waist and drew me in. I felt his nose rest upon the top of my head, saying, "I love you Nicole Livingston, despite how long we have known each other."

I was going to give him a response but something held me back. Maybe it was something that Benedict had said to me but I cast that aside because nothing of the like could put a knife between Tom and I because deep within my heart, I knew I loved Tom in a way like no other.